Author Topic: GPD XD+ Clean ROM  (Read 12578 times)

PsyOps (OP)

• Section Eight
GPD XD+ Clean ROM
« on: July 01, 2018, 06:57:50 am »
Black-Seraph came through as expected. It is just a shame that we could not get him an XD+ sooner. The first thing he wanted to do before releasing his major LineageOS port was releasing a ROM that was super debloated, prerooted, and had an unlocked CPU. I have replaced my S8LightRom with his on my website for everyone to download.

You can call this the equivalent to Legacy Rom for the XD+.

This is his site, please look it over for rom info.
https://www.patreon.com/posts/19784613

Before anyone asks, no he did not fix the refresh bug issue. He will take that task on when he creates his LineageOS port. There is no ETA on the new rom because there are too many factors in play. ( time available and difficulty of port, mainly ) This is his way of leaving everyone with an alternative to the bad stock rom.

You will always find the latest build here :
Download ROM
Instructions for install are at the bottom.

« Last Edit: July 05, 2018, 10:18:38 pm by PsyOps »

dubsmachine

Re: GPD XD+ Clean ROM
« Reply #1 on: July 01, 2018, 08:39:54 pm »
Very good so far, look forward to seeing what else he can do :)

dubsmachine

« Reply #2 on: July 02, 2018, 06:15:18 pm »
No one else trying this rom?

VoLAN

« Reply #3 on: July 02, 2018, 07:38:53 pm »
@PsyOps so you recommend to install this ROM instead of yours? What is the difference?

Sorry for my English
Dingoo a320
GPD XD
GPD XD+

PsyOps (OP)

• Section Eight
« Reply #4 on: July 02, 2018, 09:15:51 pm »
Yes Volan I would. Its much much cleaner and better. Go with CleanRom.

Sousaptak

« Reply #5 on: July 03, 2018, 06:31:58 am »
A video by Rafael Quero Monge for an overview of the Rom
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Qb0ch1b03FM&feature=youtu.be

dubsmachine

« Reply #6 on: July 03, 2018, 07:10:38 am »
I've been using this since Sunday afternoon, only messed around with the general setup and SNES and Megadrive but is very good rom, fast and lightweight and stable so far.

I still have a problem with Nova launcher that it doesn't add apps to home screen when installed - I tick the option in the menu and it unticks itself - this seems to be something weird with the XD+ and Nova as it does the same thing on official rom, Psyops rom and now this one.
Very strange as I didn't have this issue on my old GPD or my other 3 devices with Nova.

Thrush1120

« Reply #7 on: July 03, 2018, 11:53:13 am »
I have a few questions on the matter.

How do You install it?

When You install it do You loose everything You installed previously and have to start over from scratch again???

Also will it finally play games like Battle Supremacy were Your system has to have open gl 3.0 to play it?

PsyOps (OP)

• Section Eight
« Reply #8 on: July 03, 2018, 01:48:58 pm »
You can try installing over your current rom ( leave userdata.img unchecked ) but I would advise against it. It may cause problems with google play services. I would just start from scratch.

Rom : http://xdrescue.com/gpd-xd-plus-help/gpd-xd-files/gpd-xd-firmwares/

Tutorial: http://xdrescue.com/gpd-xd-plus-help/gpd-xdp-tutorials/gpd-xd-plus-how-to-install-or-update-firmware-unbrick/

As for performance this is  pretty much the same as stock or s8lightrom. But has unlocked CPU ( not like stock ).

Thrush1120

« Reply #9 on: July 03, 2018, 02:30:29 pm »
Will there eventually be  a rom like Legacy rom n the old GPD XD were you could upload the newer frimeware with a sd card???

skelton

« Reply #10 on: July 03, 2018, 02:49:21 pm »
Will there eventually be  a rom like Legacy rom n the old GPD XD were you could upload the newer frimeware with a sd card???

Without a custom recovery I doubt, MTK roms usually require SPFLash Tools if no Custom recovery is available
Retired

Thrush1120

« Reply #11 on: July 03, 2018, 06:07:15 pm »
I think I will just leave mi ne alone then. It has the lightrom. other then the fact I cant play battle supremacy or infinitie tanks on it, it works great, for me anyways. :)

dreamesper

• Dreamesper
« Reply #12 on: July 04, 2018, 10:31:53 pm »
**UPDATED RELEASE**

CleanROM 1.10.0.1!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

https://www.black-seraph.com/2018/07/04/gpd-xd-cleanrom-1-10-0-1-released/

dreamesper

• Dreamesper
« Reply #13 on: July 05, 2018, 07:59:29 pm »

dubsmachine

« Reply #14 on: July 06, 2018, 05:46:27 pm »
I have a problem with Nvram warnings in WiFi connection.
Other people had this on the original factory Rom  but my device was always OK until this version.

Any ideas?

Sent from my Honor View 10 using Tapatalk

dubsmachine

« Reply #15 on: July 06, 2018, 09:12:13 pm »
Ok...I tried going back to Clean Rom version 0 and 0.1 and SlightRom and I have the NVRAM Warning in every Rom version now.

Looks like it comes from using the "format and download" option in SP Flash Tool.
I had to use that because my flash failed due to connection breaking.
Did anyone find a way to fix it?

Fixed it using this on XDA
https://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=2730486
although I used ES Explorer instead of Root Explorer.

For sure something to watch out for if a flash fails for any reason.
« Last Edit: July 06, 2018, 09:46:09 pm by dubsmachine »

dreamesper

• Dreamesper
« Reply #16 on: July 08, 2018, 06:22:02 am »
Thx for the tip.

laharl22

« Reply #17 on: July 09, 2018, 01:52:45 pm »
hello i have a serious problem with my xd plus i have played with device and charge and it will reboot with a blue led but black screen after boot logo i have tried flashing fw and clean rom many times but on 100 or 200 reboot it boot sucsefully 2 times this is fixable by softmod ?or my gpd xd plus is dead? i have buy this since 3 days im sick with this

PsyOps (OP)

• Section Eight
« Reply #18 on: July 09, 2018, 03:26:15 pm »
hello i have a serious problem with my xd plus i have played with device and charge and it will reboot with a blue led but black screen after boot logo i have tried flashing fw and clean rom many times but on 100 or 200 reboot it boot sucsefully 2 times this is fixable by softmod ?or my gpd xd plus is dead? i have buy this since 3 days im sick with this

I would try to return it. If not you can try to flash CleanRom or StockRom again : http://xdrescue.com/gpd-xd-plus-help/gpd-xd-files/gpd-xd-firmwares/

laharl22

« Reply #19 on: July 09, 2018, 03:52:14 pm »
ok thanks and what is the combo buttons for access recovery menu ?i want try a last thing but i stuck to no command

Post a new topic