• HomeBoards
  • RulesRules
  • HelpHelp
  • WikiWiki
  • Donate

Author Topic: GPD Q9 vs JXD S7800B vs GPD XD! Which one is better?  (Read 15460 times)

darkhazuki (OP)

GPD Q9 vs JXD S7800B vs GPD XD! Which one is better?
« on: July 15, 2015, 02:34:10 pm »
It really is hard to choose between these devices because nobody gave a specific answer . We will expand the level of debate.
GPD Q9 vs JXD S7800B vs GPD XD !
 Which one is better in terms of hardware ? I mean to be able to run the heaviest games for Android , performance, image resolution , image quality and especially the battery life and Controllers . Please give me an objective answer because I'm that same abyss.
« Last Edit: July 15, 2015, 02:56:55 pm by darkhazuki »
Shenmue is the Best Game EVER of the World.
End of Discussion!

Skelton-retired

Re: GPD Q9 vs JXD S7800B vs GPD XD! Which one is better?
« Reply #1 on: July 15, 2015, 02:39:40 pm »
In terms of performance for android gaming the GPD. They are RK3288 vs RK3188 of 7800B.
Retired

eragon2890

« Reply #2 on: July 15, 2015, 03:01:19 pm »
It really is hard to choose between these devices because nobody gave a specific answer . We will expand the level of debate.
 Which one is better in terms of hardware ? I mean to be able to run the heaviest games for Android , performance, image resolution , image quality and especially the battery life and Controllers . Please give me an objective answer because I'm that same abyss.

As skelton says. And the difference is BIG. 4-8 times big. For emulators no big difference, but for native games.. Even san andreas on highest settings runs like a charm on the q9 and will on the xd. They're really really fast - on q9 i measured 66% highrr fps in the t-rex bencmark then the galaxy s6 edge which is 9 times more expensive! Xd will be a bit slower but barely.

And the xd has same resolution as jxd but om smaller screen so highest ppi. Also dual joystick analogs and l3 and r3 buttons included. 6000 mah massive battery.

Analogs of q9 are bad, dpad great. If i were you, id buy a xd hands down. Definitrly not the jxd, its massively outdated and just as expensive if not more!

darkhazuki (OP)

« Reply #3 on: July 15, 2015, 03:06:39 pm »

As skelton says. And the difference is BIG. 4-8 times big. For emulators no big difference, but for native games.. Even san andreas on highest settings runs like a charm on the q9 and will on the xd. They're really really fast - on q9 i measured 66% highrr fps in the t-rex bencmark then the galaxy s6 edge which is 9 times more expensive! Xd will be a bit slower but barely.

And the xd has same resolution as jxd but om smaller screen so highest ppi. Also dual joystick analogs and l3 and r3 buttons included. 6000 mah massive battery.

Analogs of q9 are bad, dpad great. If i were you, id buy a xd hands down. Definitrly not the jxd, its massively outdated and just as expensive if not more!

This issue of controls that concerns me as much as games for Android emulators I must map to physical controls and have the GPD5 A and concerning controls with him have a very nice gaming experience , this already makes me sad that with the Q9 It attracted so much by his power and screen size.
End of Discussion!

eragon2890

« Reply #4 on: July 15, 2015, 03:49:55 pm »

This issue of controls that concerns me as much as games for Android emulators I must map to physical controls and have the GPD5 A and concerning controls with him have a very nice gaming experience , this already makes me sad that with the Q9 It attracted so much by his power and screen size.

Ihm... What? I don't understand what you are trying to say :-(

darkhazuki (OP)

« Reply #5 on: July 15, 2015, 05:47:43 pm »

Ihm... What? I don't understand what you are trying to say :-(
Like Skelton Say: Analogs of q9 are bad,
This points desapoint me! Its REALLY?VERY BAD?
End of Discussion!

eragon2890

« Reply #6 on: July 15, 2015, 05:58:38 pm »
Yes they are psp style nubs. But dpad is best ever.

Anywat t gpd xd looks to have great analogs, just mentioned in review as well, and it also seems to survive a 50 centimeter fall to marble floor. So i'd still buy that :-)

darkhazuki (OP)

« Reply #7 on: July 15, 2015, 11:38:53 pm »
GPD Q9 have L3 and R3 Buttons Like GPD G5A?
End of Discussion!

eragon2890

« Reply #8 on: July 15, 2015, 11:48:02 pm »
Nope, gpd q9 does not have them and analogs are bad. Dpad is awesome.?

Gpd xd has them as separate buttons and has small actual joysticks for the analogs which are pretty great apparently

darkhazuki (OP)

« Reply #9 on: July 16, 2015, 12:30:16 am »
From what I can see I will end up having to buy the GPD XD ! The GPD Q9 and these would be very problematic Analog problem for me since I use physical controls very often and this is the biggest attraction for me to buy these devices .
End of Discussion!

Grebbin77

« Reply #10 on: July 16, 2015, 01:01:36 am »
I have the GPD G5A and love it.  I am considering the XD, but I will probably wait until it has been released for a while and people write their reviews before I commit.  Hopefully someone will produce a clean ROM for the XD.  Skelton's work has always been the best for fixing bugs in the stock roms.  Even if no custom roms are made, GPD usually has decent ROMS.  (GPD usually does a better job with their stock roms than JXD, for example)
GPD G5a, JXD S5110b, NDS lite w/ Acekard, Kindle Fire, Samsung Galaxy S4, PS Vita, iPad

airdream

« Reply #11 on: July 16, 2015, 01:02:18 am »
JXD advantages
-screen resolution
-HP (soud better than Q9)
-Home and return physical buttons (no need the navigation bar-->full screen)
-Analog stick

Q9 advantages
-CPU and GPU most powerfull
-Price (cheapper than JXD)
-D pad

darkhazuki (OP)

« Reply #12 on: July 16, 2015, 02:14:46 am »
I have the GPD G5A and love it.  I am considering the XD, but I will probably wait until it has been released for a while and people write their reviews before I commit.  Hopefully someone will produce a clean ROM for the XD.  Skelton's work has always been the best for fixing bugs in the stock roms.  Even if no custom roms are made, GPD usually has decent ROMS.  (GPD usually does a better job with their stock roms than JXD, for example)
I also love the GPD G5A and he gives me a lot of comfort and ergonomics to play so much that it currently use only but his biggest problem for me is up to the battery lasts very little especially when playing with often heavy Android games that require more CPU and GPU performance and consume more (daily game Walking Dead and Real Racing 3 Online) .
End of Discussion!

Post a new topic