I've been looking for a device to replace my JXD S5110b a long time.
I've never liked the GDP G5A and G7 design, instead I really liked the JXD 7800b design.
But this device was so problematic at the beggining, that I gave up on it.
Can you answer some questions about the Q88S? For me an owner of s5110b this is somewaht important!
- Does this device has the infamous "Wake up Bug" ?
- Is it a true quad-core? They are all clocked to 1,4 ghz correct?
- The analog sticks are independent from the d-pad?
- Does it have the "home" and "back" button? I really don't like the navigation bar on my s5110b
Thanks for all your work. As soon your firmware comes out, I'm buying this device.
- Does this device has the infamous "Wake up Bug" ? - Nope, that's an amlogic thing
- Is it a true quad-core? They are all clocked to 1,4 ghz correct? - Yes, it's a RK3188T quad core, don't expect a huge difference in emus over amlogic mx though.
- The analog sticks are independent from the d-pad? - Yes, though analogs are not very good honestly, specially in comparison to g5a analogs
- Does it have the "home" and "back" button? I really don't like the navigation bar on my s5110b - unfortunately no home or back buttons.
Seeing you like 5110b, have you considered the GPD-g58? I say it because g58 is very similar to 5110b but q88S is a 7 inch device, much bigger and not as confortable as a 5 inch device (for me at least).
JXD 5800 can be also a choice I guess now that overlapping issue seems to be solved.
I know that people don't like g5a design seeing at the photos, but it's still my favourite android device for gaming.
The custom rom for q88S won't be soon, I am in the middle of other things at the moment and Tincore has not gotten a sample yet (GPD, you know what you need to do XD). Though in any case stock rom is pretty fine, just uninstalling some bloatware and changing horrible default launcher is fine.