Author Topic: GPD Q88S (q88+) First impressions  (Read 44489 times)

retrodoodoo

• * Confirmed Reseller
Re: GPD Q88S (q88+) First impressions
« Reply #120 on: July 08, 2014, 04:20:57 am »
@Chex and other guys who are interesting in Q88+,

Just got the latest news from GPD. Q88+ had been out of stock now. It will be available next month. We will update the information on Willgoo once we have them.

For the gloss version, we will wait till next month when the device available. We will update you the news promptly.

For the issues on speakers, we just got the confirmation from the manufacture. There is only one speaker working on Q88+. Thus, the issue is normal.

Thanks.

adventureFAN

« Reply #121 on: July 09, 2014, 06:12:41 am »
Has somebody problems with the SD slot in Q88+?

I tried some other SD cards but always the same (on official ROM and Legacy ROM):
The OS don't recognize the SD card properly. When I start the device I must put out the SD card an put it in again.
Anyhow the SD card will not recognize everytime and "crashes" somtimes =[

EDIT:
Don't laugh but I think the headphone jack has something to do with it.
When the headphones are out, there is no problem so far... I must test it again after work.
« Last Edit: July 09, 2014, 10:48:04 am by adventureFAN »
My Handhelds: PS Vita, PSP (1000), New 3DS, NDS lite, GBA SP, GB Micro,
LCL Pi-Boy 3A+, GPD XD (Old), PowKiddy X18, RG350, PlayGo, GKD350H.

Favorite: Odroid Go Advance

BaldMonk

« Reply #122 on: July 16, 2014, 04:11:07 am »
Any updates on your issues adventureFAN? I've just discovered these devices, and REALLY keen to jump in on this one (regardless of it's crappy analogue sticks).

Just one question though. Have you tried different kinds of headphones? I know I have some with a battery powered bass and vibration, and it seems to cause a spike in voltage on some devices. Might be interfering with the SD card?

I could just be talking nonsense though. I do that sometimes ;)

adventureFAN

« Reply #123 on: July 16, 2014, 06:19:50 am »
It happens with or without headphones... =/
Sometimes after a coldstart I need to reinsert the SD card.

But I don't know if I'm the only one with this problem.

BaldMonk

« Reply #124 on: July 16, 2014, 08:18:16 am »
Ah, that's annoying. How come you haven't sent it back? Hard to trust some of these sites aye? My Neken N6 phone just developed a dead spot across the middle of the screen, and I'm debating if I should even bother sending it back. Heard some bad stories about never getting devices back after sending them in (From PandaWill).

I can't even find any videos of the Q88+. Strange considering they're sold out everywhere. I really want to see what they're like in action.

adventureFAN

« Reply #125 on: July 16, 2014, 08:29:23 am »
Ah, that's annoying. How come you haven't sent it back? Hard to trust some of these sites aye? My Neken N6 phone just developed a dead spot across the middle of the screen, and I'm debating if I should even bother sending it back. Heard some bad stories about never getting devices back after sending them in (From PandaWill).

I can't even find any videos of the Q88+. Strange considering they're sold out everywhere. I really want to see what they're like in action.
I didn't send it back because when I become a new one, I must pay the custom charge again... about 36 euros plus shipping.
Thats the disadvantage buying stuff in china.
And yeah, It's a little bit annoying... but I arranged with it =/

BaldMonk

« Reply #126 on: July 16, 2014, 08:53:29 am »
Mate, that sucks you've got to pay customs. We have a high customs limit here in New Zealand thankfully. We don't have to pay unless the item is more expensive than $400.

Have you tried customer service or anything? Or just waiting to hear other users opinions?

jamesensor

« Reply #127 on: July 16, 2014, 08:43:37 pm »

I didn't send it back because when I become a new one, I must pay the custom charge again... about 36 euros plus shipping.
Thats the disadvantage buying stuff in china.
And yeah, It's a little bit annoying... but I arranged with it =/

In my country there's thee possibility of getting it to pass free if you show the receipt of first time you paid. Try to research abbout it i  your country.
PSP 3000 | PSP Go | Ps 2 | Xbox Original | Ireadygo Much i5 | Aurora II | Pipo w2f | Tonsmart Vega S-89h | Lenovo K3 Note | Tronsmart Draco H3 | Raspberry Pi 2

adventureFAN

« Reply #128 on: July 17, 2014, 06:03:31 am »
Did you ever heard from the german bureaucracy? No? Lucky guy! =P
« Last Edit: July 17, 2014, 06:56:05 am by adventureFAN »

jamesensor

« Reply #129 on: July 17, 2014, 07:03:45 am »
Did you ever heard from the german bureaucracy? No? Lucky guy! =P

Oh ja... it's in every country. I never went through that procedure because I didn't needed to, but it takes a HELL OF TIME when they don't trust the value declared (10$ for a tablet lol). So then they take their time to send a letter home, then I have to send them a transaction value (paypal or visa printscreen) and wait wait wait... until it finally gets unstuck and sent to my place! Terrible. But sometimes, (rarely) it slips through them and I pay zero lol
PSP 3000 | PSP Go | Ps 2 | Xbox Original | Ireadygo Much i5 | Aurora II | Pipo w2f | Tonsmart Vega S-89h | Lenovo K3 Note | Tronsmart Draco H3 | Raspberry Pi 2

BaldMonk

« Reply #130 on: July 17, 2014, 02:00:13 pm »
Sounds like you both get pretty screwed by customs.
I got stung by customs once... For a Sony Xperia Neo phone... They called me at work, asked me to email them details of the online purchase, then I paid the tax over the phone using credit card, and they couriered the phone to me at work later that day.
I guess we don't like waiting for things here ;)

adventureFAN

« Reply #131 on: July 17, 2014, 02:18:29 pm »
Okey, DHL shipped me the package directly but I must pay the customs also directly to the driver.
Fortunately I have enough money in my wallet.

lexis26

« Reply #132 on: July 23, 2014, 02:53:17 pm »
Does exists some where video review of q88+ final version?

2blackbar

« Reply #133 on: July 25, 2014, 10:56:05 am »
my unit works nice, all gpd q88+ units have only right speaker working from what i see, other than that it works very nice, only "complaints" are :
- micro sd card slot is not spring loaded, have to use something to get card out
- small a b x y buttons arent that great to hold them constantly for example in mario kart to drive, theyre a bit too soft for this, theyre great for fast taps and very silent.
- tried to turn off screen with hdmi connected so i have only picture on TV and i pressed power button to disable screen but hdmi went black and i couldnt bring screen back again on GPD and TV no matter what i did, also when disconnected HDMI cable i wasnt able to bring screen back, it was disabled, had to reboot console and im not sure how i did it.

« Last Edit: July 27, 2014, 02:28:37 am by 2blackbar »

Eliwood_san

« Reply #134 on: August 24, 2014, 10:07:08 pm »
Anyone know if the gpd+q88 can use a microsd 64 gb card?

skelton (OP)

« Reply #135 on: August 24, 2014, 10:47:29 pm »
Anyone know if the gpd+q88 can use a microsd 64 gb card?

Yes
Retired

Melquiades

« Reply #136 on: August 25, 2014, 09:29:01 am »
Hi dudes,

Does anybody know if/when there is going to be a restock of Q88+? I mainly buy at willgoo but would consider other stores with paypal.

Thanks

Post a new topic
Post a new topic