• HomeBoards
  • RulesRules
  • HelpHelp
  • WikiWiki
  • Donate

Author Topic: GPD Gamebox Testing User collecting-- (with BT joystick)  (Read 27804 times)

Deen0X

Re: GPD Gamebox Testing User collecting-- (with BT joystick)
« Reply #20 on: July 16, 2014, 03:49:18 pm »
I assume this will be an Android based box for the TV rather than a handheld? Anyway, I would be interested to test the unit. I would also be keen to try out any new version of the G7 as long as it has a better screen.

Best wishes,

Nige...

There is no new version of g7 with better screen. q88+ is the only one with IPS. It will be some time till replacement for g7 is  made (probably with RK3288 I guess)

yes, i try to get in touch with GPD to get some info about these devices (G5A+ and G7+), but for now i don?t have any response.

i think too that GPD is waiting for new SOCs for updating these upgraded devies, with better SOC (and become more interesting for market).

and for Gamebox, i get interested on testing and improving this device. ^_^

jamesensor

« Reply #21 on: July 16, 2014, 08:30:59 pm »
So kelvin, wirh just a simple cable like this, (used on psx or first xbox) I can get it to work on my tv?

If the image you've shown me is of the device, and it works in an analog tv, then I might get really interested!

Found more info:

http://easysmart.com/supports/make-old-tvs-smarter-by-connect-android-mini-pc-tv-box-via-av-cable.html

Besides the scart socket, my tv also has the yellow/red/with sockets for video and audio.

It would be good to be able to connect those keyboard+mousepad small wirless devices to use the box for other purposes, like searching videos, browse web with  mouse pointer visible

« Last Edit: July 16, 2014, 11:03:44 pm by jamesensor »
PSP 3000 | PSP Go | Ps 2 | Xbox Original | Ireadygo Much i5 | Aurora II | Pipo w2f | Tonsmart Vega S-89h | Lenovo K3 Note | Tronsmart Draco H3 | Raspberry Pi 2

Kelvin (OP)

« Reply #22 on: July 17, 2014, 07:23:15 am »
Looks good Kelvin!

Just a couple of questions for now:

- Will this support the Android play store? 
A: yes, this Game+Video box is based on Android 4.4 OS.
- Can the device be powered on/off using the controller?
A: yes, can be, while you use 2.4G wireless.
- Is English language supported?
A: yes, will be English normally and other languages depends on OEM market.
- Does the controller include a rechargeable (via USB) battery or does it take AA/AAA batteries?
A: Lion battery which can be charged.
- Does the system include Bluetooth, or does it require a Bluetooth dongle (it looks like a dongle is plugged in)
A: Bluetooth included.
With love, with smile.

ClawShrimp

« Reply #23 on: July 17, 2014, 08:59:30 am »
Well I'm sold.
Proud owner of
Sony Xperia Play - JXD S5110 - JXD S603 - JXD S5100 - JXD S7300 - JXD S7800B - GPD G5A

If we can hit that bullseye, the rest of the dominoes will fall like a house of cards...checkmate!

adventureFAN

« Reply #24 on: July 17, 2014, 10:04:55 am »
Yeah, I want it now! =D
My Handhelds: PS Vita, PSP (1000), New 3DS, NDS lite, GBA SP, GB Micro,
LCL Pi-Boy 3A+, GPD XD (Old), PowKiddy X18, RG350, PlayGo, GKD350H.

Favorite: Odroid Go Advance

Skelton-retired

« Reply #25 on: July 17, 2014, 10:28:03 am »

Kelvin, perhaps it's too late, but have you considered using the new RK3288 or Amlogic s802/s805 chipsets?

For gaming RK3188-T at 1.4 ghz is a bit old and have some difficulties when playing at 1080p. Or perhaps in the future you can consider a new modeil with RK3288.
Retired

Melquiades

« Reply #26 on: July 17, 2014, 11:24:32 am »
Maybe this will be of interest to you, as this is very important to a lot of people:
- The box has a physical On/Off button so it can be not only turned off but disconnected. No offence intended but I like electric devices, specially cheap ones, to be able to be completely disconnected at night without having to unplug them, which is always a mess. Also, make sure the converter is better and safer than the one included with the G7.
- Most gamepad and joysticks can be used off the shelf. Adding drivers for wired 360/Ps3 controllers it is always a good idea. This will be used often as an emulator device, and arcade sticks should run fine.
- Technical specs are important, but the most important one for me is not having any lag (input lag of the controller or display lag, a variety of native resolutions should be offered so that the TV do not have to scale).
- 2 o 3 USB connections are a minimum.
- Google Play support. I believe GPD always includes this, but it is worth reminding as for me not having it is a no-no.
- Get feedback from the users for the controller. To me the ideal controller would be a saturn pad with two analogs placed in PSX style, and 360-esque bumpers and triggers. I suppose we are all fed up of 360 controller clones, try something new and raise some eyebrows  ;)
- Release the sources so the community can develop ROMS and keep the firmware as light as possible, without bloatware. This is always a plus and will affect the first reviews.

That's it. I would like to test it, but I won't have a lot of spare time in the following months.
« Last Edit: July 17, 2014, 11:27:35 am by Melquiades »

Kelvin (OP)

« Reply #27 on: July 17, 2014, 11:49:07 am »

Kelvin, perhaps it's too late, but have you considered using the new RK3288 or Amlogic s802/s805 chipsets?

For gaming RK3188-T at 1.4 ghz is a bit old and have some difficulties when playing at 1080p. Or perhaps in the future you can consider a new modeil with RK3288.

Will also have RK3288.
GPD Gamebox  will be have series items also, such as Gamebox I and Gamebox II.....
With love, with smile.

Skelton-retired

« Reply #28 on: July 17, 2014, 11:49:39 am »

Will also have RK3288.
GPD Gamebox  will be have series items also, such as Gamebox I and Gamebox II.....

Thanks for the info.
Retired

Deen0X

« Reply #29 on: July 18, 2014, 01:32:41 am »

Will also have RK3288.

this i think is so interesting, if yoy plan to serialize a specific product. This way is easy to see evolution of a device, and adding new features for new versions of this.

:D

Chex

• Chex Plays Games
« Reply #30 on: July 18, 2014, 02:25:03 am »
I don't usually like these kinds of things, but this looks to be one of the better Android TV boxes for gaming. I really like the interface/launcher, much better and more useful for TV than the Mojo's stock Android launcher. As stated in the other thread, the controller looks really nice too, and I'm glad there's a power button as well. So far, so good.
YOU GONNA GET CHEX'D
DS Phat | GenMobile | FC-16 Go | JXD S5110 | JXD S7300 | Retromini

illuminerdi

« Reply #31 on: July 18, 2014, 06:06:39 pm »
I would love to test one of these, please contact me when they are available!

Will the test units have the option for either rk3188 or 3288 or will there only be the 3188 for the test? I'd love a 3288 since I already have a 3188 (G7) and I could just hook that up to a TV, but I might consider a 3188 Gamebox if it's $50....

Will the Game box 3188 still be 1.6ghz, or higher? What Gpu does it use? Still Mali400 like the G7?

Skelton-retired

« Reply #32 on: July 18, 2014, 07:34:52 pm »

If it's like g7, most probably will be a 3188-T model clocked at 1,4. So you woud need an overclocked kernel to reach 1,6, like it happens with g7.
Retired

illuminerdi

« Reply #33 on: July 18, 2014, 07:46:57 pm »

If it's like g7, most probably will be a 3188-T model clocked at 1,4. So you woud need an overclocked kernel to reach 1,6, like it happens with g7.
Yeah that doesn't surprise me. Since RK3288 tv boxes from other manufacturers are already hitting the market I'm hoping GPD can have a 3288 option for the launch, the RK3188/mali400 might be good for 1024x600 tablets, but a 1920x1080 Tv box could probably use more power if it hopes to do more than just run emulators...

Airylnovatech

« Reply #34 on: July 19, 2014, 01:01:54 am »
Can I be a tester? I got a GPD G5A back in February, and I've been looking forward to this ever since I saw it on your website.

gibberish

• Obscure Handhelds
« Reply #35 on: July 19, 2014, 10:01:40 am »
could i make a suggestion regarding the plastic? it might not seem like a big deal but to me a matte plastic looks and feels a lot better than something shiny. the finish on the G5A is great, something like that would be ideal for both controller and console.

i have high hopes for this box and would be especially interested in the RK3288 variant when it's available!

Airylnovatech

« Reply #36 on: July 21, 2014, 02:40:16 pm »
could i make a suggestion regarding the plastic? it might not seem like a big deal but to me a matte plastic looks and feels a lot better than something shiny. the finish on the G5A is great, something like that would be ideal for both controller and console.

I second this. The finish on the G5A is lovely, even if it seems slightly cheap at first. Honestly, anything other than shiny plastic would be great.

MightyJAK

• My tumblr
« Reply #37 on: July 21, 2014, 04:35:53 pm »
I think you'd have an easier time marketing this product if you sold it under a less-generic sounding name than "Gamebox".  :P

My machines:
GBC,GBA,GBA SP,NDS,NGPC,Panasonic FZ-10 3DO,NES,Sega Nomad,Sega CDX w/Power Base Converter,PS1,PS2,PS3,Saturn,Dreamcast,PC (Win 98, XP, 7),Dingoo A320,Dingoo A330,Gemei A330,LetCool N350JP,PAP-GAMETA,GCW-Zero SE,Kyocera Rise,2DS,GP2X-F100,GPD G7,JXD 100,JXD A1000,JXD A3300,JXD F3000,JXD V5000,JXD S7300B,Hyperkin SupaBoy

Currently playing: Theatrhythm Final Fantasy Curtain Call (2DS)

Drem

• Russian Android/Dingo/GCW/gaming gadgets blog
« Reply #38 on: July 21, 2014, 05:47:14 pm »

ClawShrimp

« Reply #39 on: July 22, 2014, 09:26:28 am »
I agree that 'gamebox' is too generic; but in all honesty I am not at all concerned with the devices name...nor the aesthetics.

For me, the look, feel and name of the console isn't an issue.
Proud owner of
Sony Xperia Play - JXD S5110 - JXD S603 - JXD S5100 - JXD S7300 - JXD S7800B - GPD G5A

If we can hit that bullseye, the rest of the dominoes will fall like a house of cards...checkmate!

Post a new topic
Post a new topic