Maybe this will be of interest to you, as this is very important to a lot of people:
- The box has a physical On/Off button so it can be not only turned off but disconnected. No offence intended but I like electric devices, specially cheap ones, to be able to be completely disconnected at night without having to unplug them, which is always a mess. Also, make sure the converter is better and safer than the one included with the G7.
- Most gamepad and joysticks can be used off the shelf. Adding drivers for wired 360/Ps3 controllers it is always a good idea. This will be used often as an emulator device, and arcade sticks should run fine.
- Technical specs are important, but the most important one for me is not having any lag (input lag of the controller or display lag, a variety of native resolutions should be offered so that the TV do not have to scale).
- 2 o 3 USB connections are a minimum.
- Google Play support. I believe GPD always includes this, but it is worth reminding as for me not having it is a no-no.
- Get feedback from the users for the controller. To me the ideal controller would be a saturn pad with two analogs placed in PSX style, and 360-esque bumpers and triggers. I suppose we are all fed up of 360 controller clones, try something new and raise some eyebrows
- Release the sources so the community can develop ROMS and keep the firmware as light as possible, without bloatware. This is always a plus and will affect the first reviews.
That's it. I would like to test it, but I won't have a lot of spare time in the following months.