• HomeBoards
  • RulesRules
  • HelpHelp
  • WikiWiki
  • Donate

Author Topic: GPD G7 how does storage work? and start up questions  (Read 1835 times)

nielo360 (OP)

GPD G7 how does storage work? and start up questions
« on: February 24, 2014, 03:29:37 am »
EDIT: its on the way, Im excited and nervous.

I might be receiving my device today, in case its not broken out of the box, I would like to know how to use my SD card as the install location for OBB files or large gameoft games? 
Iv tried link2sd and its hit or miss is there a permanent solution? Note: this is my first china brand portable.

also what should I be doing at first boot? is there any custom fw , or clean up i should do? or upgrade to 4.4

which SD card brand is recommended for high speed access.

How do I make tincore my primary mapping tool, and have the shortcut on my nav bar? its the only tool i like to use for mapping.
« Last Edit: February 24, 2014, 06:18:21 am by nielo360 »

Skelton-retired

Re: GPD G7 how does storage work? and start up questions
« Reply #1 on: February 24, 2014, 07:43:41 am »
EDIT: its on the way, Im excited and nervous.

I might be receiving my device today, in case its not broken out of the box, I would like to know how to use my SD card as the install location for OBB files or large gameoft games? 
Iv tried link2sd and its hit or miss is there a permanent solution? Note: this is my first china brand portable.

If it's the same than g5a, go te settngs/storage and select externalSD ad primary sdcard, then reboot and that0s it, no need for link2sd or anything.

also what should I be doing at first boot? is there any custom fw , or clean up i should do? or upgrade to 4.4

which SD card brand is recommended for high speed access.

How do I make tincore my primary mapping tool, and have the shortcut on my nav bar? its the only tool i like to use for mapping.

No custom fw yet, I'll prepare one when I have mine and some time. The SdCard, any good card is enough, from a good brand. I use a sandisk 64GB class 10 and works very fine.

Fot the tincore thing using the gamepad icon as a shortcut, you'll have to wait until I make a custom fw. In my opinion, use stock to get familiar with the device.
Retired

nielo360 (OP)

Re: GPD G7 how does storage work? and start up questions
« Reply #2 on: February 24, 2014, 02:38:09 pm »
Iv got the device it seems solid so far, the D-pad is ok not perfect, the diagonals can be hit or miss, but the screen has an extremely blusish tint there is no white color on the screen is there any way to adjust the color?

Post a new topic