• HomeBoards
  • RulesRules
  • HelpHelp
  • WikiWiki
  • Donate

Author Topic: GPD G7 Experiences  (Read 4888 times)

chris3222 (OP)

GPD G7 Experiences
« on: January 21, 2014, 04:52:41 pm »
I received my GPD G7 a few weeks a go, and I have mixed feelings on it so far.
The unit itself feels a bit cheap, but the analog sticks feel very nice.
I purchased the G7 to use it primarily for emulators because it has the analog sticks that push in as L3 and R3 buttons, and the controller layout is very similar to a PS2 controller. However, the right stick has the same issue that the JXD s7800b has, which is it doesn't have full range. The left stick registers at 1 and -1 which is perfect, but the right stick is at .67 and -.67 which means that it doesn't register when setting it up with emulators.
What's up with this setting? I don't understand why GPD and JXD set the right stick up like this.
Does anyone have a work around or fix?
Thanks

Skelton-retired

Re: GPD G7 Experiences
« Reply #1 on: January 21, 2014, 05:01:19 pm »
Have in mind that there are some emus that doesn't detect right analog even with correct range. Which emus are the problematic? Generally, the emus that have proper right stitck support are PPSSPP, Broglia's ones, Mupen and ePSXe.

Other won't support it natively as far as I know.

In any case, the right analog range will be fixed via official or custom rom, so don't worry.

In GPD G5A is the same and I will modify that. I don't have G7 yet, but as sson as I get it, I'll look at the firmware.
Retired

chris3222 (OP)

« Reply #2 on: January 21, 2014, 07:34:30 pm »
Hi Skelton,
Thanks for the reply. You are exactly right. I'm wanting to use it with epsxe for Ape Escape and other games that use the right analog stick. Believe it or not, the only tablet I have that has the right analog stick working correctly is my Tuvva Gamepad, but the little analog nubs kind of suck and are hard to use.
I look forward to your custom rom or fix.
Thanks again,
Chris

LordDavon

« Reply #3 on: January 22, 2014, 10:32:07 pm »
Have in mind that there are some emus that doesn't detect right analog even with correct range. Which emus are the problematic? Generally, the emus that have proper right stitck support are PPSSPP, Broglia's ones, Mupen and ePSXe.

Other won't support it natively as far as I know.

In any case, the right analog range will be fixed via official or custom rom, so don't worry.

In GPD G5A is the same and I will modify that. I don't have G7 yet, but as sson as I get it, I'll look at the firmware.

I am looking at getting the GPD G5A to replace my 7800B that died right after I got it.  I think it was fate, since I think I wanted something a little smaller.  I got a Vita, but it isn't the same without the emulators.  I am happy to shoot you the firmware if I get it.

tincore

« Reply #4 on: January 23, 2014, 12:29:01 am »
Hi Skelton,
Thanks for the reply. You are exactly right. I'm wanting to use it with epsxe for Ape Escape and other games that use the right analog stick. Believe it or not, the only tablet I have that has the right analog stick working correctly is my Tuvva Gamepad, but the little analog nubs kind of suck and are hard to use.
I look forward to your custom rom or fix.
Thanks again,
Chris

This can be fixed with my app but I'm already working on a new much faster kernel driver for the G5A. As soon as we get the G7 I'll port it too.

Post a new topic
Post a new topic