Author Topic: GPD G5  (Read 49443 times)

gustavolatil

Re: GPD G5
« Reply #20 on: August 09, 2013, 09:55:00 pm »
I still think it's way too big to be practical, bigger outer size than a 7300, but with a 2" smaller screen  ???

Does this device even exist?  or is just 3d mock ups right now?  Why can't someone make a pocketable device with 6 buttons and a great d-pad!?
i think the same, it's way too big
a 4/3.5" would do the job
something like the ipega handheld that never came out

Deen0X

« Reply #21 on: August 12, 2013, 11:03:15 am »
hi!

i'm messing with some images, and get a full sized print of the device, to check and test how it may fell... (i use old images)

(comparison between GPD7018, GPD-G5 and JXDS7300B)

(similar size than JXDS7300B)

Analogs nubs are comfortable, so similar to Dualshock/Sixaxis

D-PAD is comfortable too

Here is the PDF i created to print and check this.

I keep thinking this device is more comfortable than any other, and i'm so interested on it! :D

Greetings!

jamesensor

« Reply #22 on: August 12, 2013, 01:13:16 pm »
Nice pics  ;D
PSP 3000 | PSP Go | Ps 2 | Xbox Original | Ireadygo Much i5 | Aurora II | Pipo w2f | Tonsmart Vega S-89h | Lenovo K3 Note | Tronsmart Draco H3 | Raspberry Pi 2

Girl

« Reply #23 on: August 21, 2013, 12:42:18 pm »
New D-PAD design. (This appear to be better!)

I hope this is not the final D-pad. Those type of dpads are not good for fighting games unless you prefer certain characters like Guile in Street Fighter or Leona in King Of Fighters that charge special moves by holding <--- then ---> Attack

the first dpad shown was more like the logitech's PC and PS2 controller shown here

which is a better d-pad for fighting games in my opinion as i've used both types
i'm cheating on my PSPs

Deen0X

« Reply #24 on: August 21, 2013, 12:46:19 pm »
no, we suggested to change the original dpad, because are not good for fighting games (for sure)

the best is something like NES dpad, or dualshock. any of them are fine.

for sure, the dpad of these image is ok. (maybe a little bit big may be fine). I know about this, because i?m player of fighting games and i really appreciate a good dpad.

the original image was so similar to X360 controller dpad, that is not good for fighting games (similar to the picture you posted)

;)

greetings!

Deen0X

« Reply #25 on: August 21, 2013, 12:47:49 pm »
and... the deice design changed a little bit. is better now!

i?m waiting for some mail answers to put some new pics. ^_^

skelton (OP)

« Reply #26 on: August 21, 2013, 12:57:27 pm »
i personally prefer current dpad than that logitech model, honestly.
Retired

Girl

« Reply #27 on: August 21, 2013, 01:06:31 pm »
oh really? well from all of the controller's I've tried umm cross dpads are really bad to me unless it's the Dreamcast's cross dpad

the Xbox360's dpad is horrible but the logitech one shown is good for fighting games especially ones that require half of a circle forward then half circle back for a super move, or vice versa depending on the king of fighters character =^)
i'm cheating on my PSPs

skelton (OP)

« Reply #28 on: August 21, 2013, 01:10:50 pm »
I agree 360's dpad suck, but i personally don't have problems with fighting games with almost any dpad, except monsters like Archos d-pad or some yinlips machines. I mean , I don't see why this dpad should be bad for fighting games, it reminds me to nes or snes pads, which are good in my opinion. But who knows, when device is ready and someone test it we'll know.
Retired

Deen0X

« Reply #29 on: August 21, 2013, 01:14:22 pm »
these kind of dpad are not good for fighting games that requires vertical/horizontal taps, because is so easy to do diagonal taps (by the shape of the dpad)

and cross design are good for taps and for circle moves, or moves that requires quick changes of directions (figthings) such back, forward, back forwared. In the dpad you suggested, by the easy way to do diagonals, is so easy to do mistakes such diagonals in the same input, adding diagonals to crouch or jumps.

i for sure prefer a bood D-PAD Cross shape than any other kind of DPAD, because the games that i really play (and enjoy) are fighting games, specific Marvel vs Capcom (and similars), Tekken and Soul Calibur.  ^_^

Greetings!

Atlantis_Risen

« Reply #30 on: August 21, 2013, 01:15:48 pm »
I have that Logitech gamepad, the d-pad is really good.  Kind of like the Saturn pad, which was awesome...the best for fighting games.

Girl

« Reply #31 on: August 21, 2013, 01:24:05 pm »
well at least jamesensor knows what i mean hmph lol

I know what you mean. The Ds lite has that sort of problem, for example. It's the diagonals (not good for special moves indeed)

I think the Much i5 seems to have a better d pad.

but anyways ok back to the dpad thing

these kind of dpad are not good for fighting games that requires vertical/horizontal taps, because is so easy to do diagonal taps (by the shape of the dpad)

the point of most 2D fighting game's special moves is to roll over diagonal area to complete the move or else nothing happens

for devices like this noone would be playing competitively to need fast forward-forward and back-back thingies you're talking about , they would however probably want a fireball to come out easily.. but with 4-way dpads it is unlikely for that to happen unless your dpad is very elevated like Sega Dreamcast's dpad

because the games that i really play (and enjoy) are fighting games, specific Marvel vs Capcom (and similars), Tekken and Soul Calibur.  ^_^

=^) i'd love to go against you in any of those games, you can use your + dpad and I will use my type lol
i'm cheating on my PSPs

Deen0X

« Reply #32 on: August 21, 2013, 01:24:09 pm »
ok. the problem in suggesting any kind of specific dpad, is that gpd will get any dpad that appears to be similar to what you posted.

in fact, consider if you suggest these dpad, and gpd take this suggestion. surelly they will not buy or investigate about the exact dpad of these device. Simply will check on their local market for some similar of this.

consider that the most similar is something like the X360 dpad... or worst...

and put in the device.

most probably we will get a bad control for an interesting device.

Personally, i prefer the Dualshock dpad, but for get sure about they understand what the users wants as DPad (a single plastic piece, not 4 buttons), i prefer to suggest something that I'm really sure they cannot missunderstand, and is a good dpad.

for this reason, i prefer to suggest this basic, fucntional and good DPAD. I don?t want to get a device with a missunderstand about what the users wants.

when i see the first pic, i realize on the dpad and i get afraid about how it will respond. most probably, will be a bad dpad.

this is the reason why i suggested the NES dpad for the device, because the chance to get a bad dpad are less.

(sorry about my english)
« Last Edit: August 21, 2013, 01:26:29 pm by Deen0X »

Girl

« Reply #33 on: August 21, 2013, 01:36:30 pm »
this is the reason why i suggested the NES dpad for the device, because the chance to get a bad dpad are less.

I understand =^) but I am experienced in testing lots of different controller dpads to find which dpad make fighting games easier, and I can tell from the picture that dpad will not be good for fighting games unless it's Killer Instinct while using charge-special move characters, or games that do not need 8-way direction special moves

the dpad from the picture is not elevated enough for easy special moves

sorry for this to go off topic by the way
« Last Edit: August 21, 2013, 01:42:16 pm by Girl »
i'm cheating on my PSPs

Deen0X

« Reply #34 on: August 21, 2013, 01:38:24 pm »
Did you used/tested the JXDS7300B D-PAD?
what do you think about this?

Girl

« Reply #35 on: August 21, 2013, 01:41:21 pm »
the JXDS7300B dpad is also not elevated enough

I wish that handheld devices would not make their dpads so flat / flush with the device molding
i'm cheating on my PSPs

madasahatter

« Reply #36 on: August 21, 2013, 01:42:21 pm »
I've been looking to upgrade from my g-18 for a while now and this device immediately shot to the top of my list.  While the shape isn't pocketable, it should be portable.  I like Deen0X's suggested design with 6 face buttons 

I agree with Atlantas, the Saturn d-pad is by far the best.  It works for all types of games.  It would be great if the final design had a Saturn style d-pad.  Whatever the final design is I'll be happy as long as its not that 4 button mess or the divided cross crap like the dual shock controllers.

I will definitely be keeping an eye on this one.

Deen0X

« Reply #37 on: August 21, 2013, 01:48:12 pm »
dualshock are not divided cross.

in fact, is a single piece.

the mold where buttons are fixed, help to avoid doing accidentals touches on the diagonals.

skelton (OP)

« Reply #38 on: August 21, 2013, 01:52:09 pm »
Maybe it's just me, but I play fighting games without problems with Dslite pad or dual shocks. Of course I agree Saturn pad is the best, but I can play with most of them. For instance, the d-pad of s5110B is not the best of its kind, but I play fighting games perfectly well.
Retired

Girl

« Reply #39 on: August 21, 2013, 02:01:25 pm »
For instance, the d-pad of s5110B is not the best of its kind, but I play fighting games perfectly well.

the S5110B's dpad is the dualshock type and it's "ok" to me =^) but oh my god if the S5110B's dpads were elevated like how PSP2000's dualshock are ? it would be way better for easy special moves

I don't prefer dualshock type dpads over saturn type dpads but the PSP2000's dpad is elevated properly and I would take that over a + cross dpad any day mhmm

what Deen0X was saying about if he suggested a certain type of dpad it could go horribly wrong , the dualshock type I think can go horribly wrong .. since there's a chance the dpad would be too flat / flush with the handheld and just be.. bad
« Last Edit: August 21, 2013, 02:05:52 pm by Girl »
i'm cheating on my PSPs

Post a new topic