Author Topic: Does the XD+ battery fit the original? How about the other parts?  (Read 158 times)

votemarvel (OP)

I know I don't post often but  I think it is clear that I've had nothing but bad luck with my XD+, so I'm thinking of just using it for spares for my original model.

The only positive I've got for the XD+ is the battery life, it's standby time is amazing.

So can I use the battery in my original XD? Do the analogue sticks fit? Could I do a shell swap if I needed to? Do the screen cables match?

In short I am asking what parts of the XD+ can I use to repair the original (and better) GPD XD.

MJPIA

Re: Does the XD+ battery fit the original? How about the other parts?
« Reply #1 on: November 06, 2018, 03:51:33 am »
Battery is the same but uses a different connector that you'd have to unsolder and replace with the old connector.
analog sticks are identical, bottom shell is the same and the center piece is the same but 4 screws use presses in inserts that use fine thread screws whereas the XD uses coarse screws, if you reuse the XD+ screws for those 4 it will work fine though.
I don't know about the lid.
Screen cable is completely different and is not compatible.
You might be able to use the XD+ lcd if you use the XD+ lcd ribbon cable but I don't know for sure.

Smoker1

« Reply #2 on: November 07, 2018, 04:43:16 am »
A Seller on Ebay is selling XD and XD+ Batteries. The XD+ has a 3rd Wire to Monitor the Battery Temp. But in theory, if you Cut that Wire, and use the Old Battery's Wires/Connector for the XD+ Battery, it should work. Should just need Wire Connectors and some Heat Shrink Tubes to make sure it wont come apart, along with capping off the 3rd Wire. I have not dont this, but it should work, since they are exactly the same, except for Wiring/Circuit Board. Do so at your own risk.........CAREFULLY!!!!!!!!

votemarvel (OP)

« Reply #3 on: November 11, 2018, 02:26:01 am »
Thanks for the information guys. I'll likely take the parts you mention that do work and sell those that don't. My soldering skills are quite poor so I'll buy a proper replacement battery.

I really wish that GPD had skipped the XD+ and put the time and effort into a proper sequel to the system.

Smoker1

« Reply #4 on: November 11, 2018, 03:23:20 am »
Not to mention offer a 64GB Version, since 32GB, for some, is not enough.

Post a new topic