Author Topic: CleanROM v2.0 Released! Refresh Bug Squashed!  (Read 11653 times)

Jenova

Re: CleanROM v2.0 Released! Refresh Bug Squashed!
« Reply #20 on: February 04, 2019, 04:56:37 pm »
The dev may have increased the payment tier(s) for the latest builds of CleanROM, unfortunately.

foxsevent

« Reply #21 on: February 04, 2019, 06:40:41 pm »
Nah, it's still 5$ the guy probably has a problem manoeuvring on the patreon page.
There is no specific download page, patreon is like a blog page, you just have to click on the newest blog post where the update firmware is and scroll down for the links posted.

VoLAN

CleanROM v2.0 Released! Refresh Bug Squashed!
« Reply #22 on: February 04, 2019, 07:23:23 pm »
Solved my patreon problem: money don't receive to server immediately. It was pending. Now I have access to all posts .

Question about patches:
Do I need to install every patch (2.0.1.0, 2.0.1.1, 2.0.1.2) or I can just flash 2.0.1.3 patch?

Sorry for my English
« Last Edit: February 05, 2019, 04:53:02 am by VoLAN »
Dingoo a320
GPD XD
GPD XD+

PsyOps (OP)

• Section Eight
« Reply #23 on: February 05, 2019, 06:34:15 am »
Install 2.0.1.3

Jefferson

« Reply #24 on: February 06, 2019, 01:58:11 pm »
Where can I find the download link for 2.0.1.1 (it was posted on patreon more than 30 days ago)?  Is it supposed to be on this page?  https://www.black-seraph.com/project/cleanrom-for-gpd-xd/

Nikojiro

« Reply #25 on: February 06, 2019, 02:16:30 pm »
Hi, the website xdrescue.com seems dead, I get an HTTP 508 - Resource Limit I Reached. Some bandwidth quota issue I'd say...

Can we hope to get it back online? I downloaded all the files for the 2.0 upgrade but now I miss the instructions  :'(

Thrush1120

« Reply #26 on: February 07, 2019, 05:52:32 pm »
I also installed the new cleanrom. While it has it's advantages it also has some disadvantages i discovered on my own.

Real Boxing does not open now. Strike Wing: Rator Rising Is a black screen with white lettering.

And LEGO? Star Wars?: TCS, LEGO? Star Wars?: TFA, and LEGO ? Marvel Super Heroes all have visual problems.

I have tried dicking around with GLTOOLS but have had no success yet with finding the right settings to get those games to work.

And I also noticed and I do not remember if its part of the cleanrom or not but Webview is permanently disabled. :(

Nikojiro

« Reply #27 on: February 07, 2019, 06:33:30 pm »
One not  so funny thing I discovered, is that when I downloaded the time on February 1st (from xdrescue.com), I got version 2.0.1.2. I noticed today that the version that is provided now for non-patreons has been rolled back to 2.0.0.0. A version which has a rather annoying bug that wakes up the device on pressing shoulder buttons even when folded.

That's pretty mean IMHO.

I do understand (being myself a developer) that putting together a custom rom involves non trivial work and, but that's quite bad to release a community version that has known issues. So it would seem you won't get any support unless you pay? Or will bug fixes releases be delayed too?

Jefferson

« Reply #28 on: February 07, 2019, 08:34:46 pm »
One not  so funny thing I discovered, is that when I downloaded the time on February 1st (from xdrescue.com), I got version 2.0.1.2. I noticed today that the version that is provided now for non-patreons has been rolled back to 2.0.0.0. A version which has a rather annoying bug that wakes up the device on pressing shoulder buttons even when folded.

That's pretty mean IMHO.

I do understand (being myself a developer) that putting together a custom rom involves non trivial work and, but that's quite bad to release a community version that has known issues. So it would seem you won't get any support unless you pay? Or will bug fixes releases be delayed too?

2.0.1.1 is now posted on the main site.  The stock firmware on the GPD XD+ wakes when you touch the shoulder buttons too, so it's not really a ClearROM bug.  I tested it before I upgraded to ClearROM yesterday.

Nikojiro

« Reply #29 on: February 07, 2019, 08:49:34 pm »
Ok, understood. So the 30 days of delay applies to fixes also. Which means posting 2.0.1.2 on the website was unintentional.

I was previously on CleanRom 1.0, I don't remember having experienced the device waking up on pressing L1/R1 with the lid closed.

Anyway after a bit of testing the do called BOB issue fix makes a noticeable difference in fluidity on SNES for instance.

Nikojiro

« Reply #30 on: February 07, 2019, 08:55:16 pm »
A small bug I noticed in Lean Launcher is that I can't get app titles to show up below the icons on the desktop, there's an option but it has no effect.

Has anyone encountered this issue?

mmiklas

« Reply #31 on: February 08, 2019, 08:50:04 pm »
2.0 does not have icon titles on main screen, swipe keyboard is gone, file explorer is missing, I had to reinstall all for nothing  ....... this sucks....

I know a lot of work went into it, but what is the point ???? It's not an update but downgrade to me.
« Last Edit: February 08, 2019, 08:56:39 pm by mmiklas »

mmiklas

« Reply #32 on: February 08, 2019, 08:57:14 pm »
A small bug I noticed in Lean Launcher is that I can't get app titles to show up below the icons on the desktop, there's an option but it has no effect.

Has anyone encountered this issue?

yes

VoLAN

« Reply #33 on: February 08, 2019, 09:07:55 pm »
2.0 does not have icon titles on main screen, swipe keyboard is gone, file explorer is missing, I had to reinstall all for nothing  ....... this sucks....

I know a lot of work went into it, but what is the point ???? It's not an update but downgrade to me.
File explorer is here for me. Also I used Titanium backup to recover my apps after flashing. All works well!

Sorry for my English, I'm Russian
Dingoo a320
GPD XD
GPD XD+

VoLAN

CleanROM v2.0 Released! Refresh Bug Squashed!
« Reply #34 on: May 03, 2019, 08:28:24 pm »
Can anyone write here cleanrom 2.0.5.0 changelog?

« Last Edit: May 04, 2019, 03:22:36 pm by VoLAN »
Dingoo a320
GPD XD
GPD XD+

foxsevent

« Reply #35 on: May 04, 2019, 08:55:23 pm »

Just copied it from Black-Seraph patreon posts.
I finally had a day off from work today and decided to do a good deed and work through some of the user-reported issues & feature requests.

As such, let me present you the latest CleanROM 2.0.5.0 build and its newly added features / changes:

Fresh installations of CleanROM now try to heuristically determine the right headphone jack polarity setting (this will only affect users coming from stock firmwares)
 A2DP keep-alive is now disabled by default (as it can cause a low-volume hiss on some speakers)
 The gamepad shoulder buttons can now be swapped in the CleanROM settings (L-buttons become R-buttons and vice-versa, this one's for you Giuseppe Paoulos)
 The navigation buttons can now be locked behind double-tap gestures to prevent accidental back & home button presses (this should please Dolphin emulator users like ScottyHoliday)
Downloads/quote]

Don't you just hate it when your volume buttons control the notification volume rather than the media volume you actually care about?

I personally set the notification volume once, when I first set up the device, and then never touch it again... but the media volume is another story; I change that one all the time!

And when I know I'm about to blast something loud, I usually want to lower the volume in advance before playing said track.

Sadly, until now this wasn't easy to do and needed you to dig into the sub-menus of Android (unless you were already playing something that is).

This is where this new "Media volume control" option comes in.

Toggle it and from that point forward, your volume keys will control the media volume rather than the notification volume.

And should you ever change your mind, you can always toggle it off again.

(But why would you...?)
« Last Edit: May 04, 2019, 08:58:33 pm by foxsevent »

VoLAN

« Reply #36 on: May 04, 2019, 08:58:23 pm »

Just copied it from Black-Seraph patreon posts.
I finally had a day off from work today and decided to do a good deed and work through some of the user-reported issues & feature requests.

As such, let me present you the latest CleanROM 2.0.5.0 build and its newly added features / changes:

Fresh installations of CleanROM now try to heuristically determine the right headphone jack polarity setting (this will only affect users coming from stock firmwares)
 A2DP keep-alive is now disabled by default (as it can cause a low-volume hiss on some speakers)
 The gamepad shoulder buttons can now be swapped in the CleanROM settings (L-buttons become R-buttons and vice-versa, this one's for you Giuseppe Paoulos)
 The navigation buttons can now be locked behind double-tap gestures to prevent accidental back & home button presses (this should please Dolphin emulator users like ScottyHoliday)
Downloads/quote]

/quote]

Don't you just hate it when your volume buttons control the notification volume rather than the media volume you actually care about?

I personally set the notification volume once, when I first set up the device, and then never touch it again... but the media volume is another story; I change that one all the time!

And when I know I'm about to blast something loud, I usually want to lower the volume in advance before playing said track.

Sadly, until now this wasn't easy to do and needed you to dig into the sub-menus of Android (unless you were already playing something that is).

This is where this new "Media volume control" option comes in.

Toggle it and from that point forward, your volume keys will control the media volume rather than the notification volume.

And should you ever change your mind, you can always toggle it off again.

(But why would you...?)

Thank you!

Dingoo a320
GPD XD
GPD XD+

VoLAN

« Reply #37 on: August 03, 2019, 05:25:43 pm »
The buggy back button is just driving me crazy !!! Looks like this terrible bug never been fixed (using 2.0.6.0)

Dingoo a320
GPD XD
GPD XD+

Jenova

« Reply #38 on: August 03, 2019, 09:26:19 pm »
2019 XD+ revision does NOT have the back button issue; if that helps...

VoLAN

« Reply #39 on: August 03, 2019, 09:32:01 pm »
2019 XD+ revision does NOT have the back button issue; if that helps...
I mean, could it be fixed from software updates in cleanrom? Black Seraph tried to fix it in cleanrom 2.0 but it's still here

Dingoo a320
GPD XD
GPD XD+

Post a new topic