Author Topic: Battery replacement for GPD XD  (Read 925 times)

Dementorrain (OP)

Battery replacement for GPD XD
« on: September 16, 2018, 06:43:19 pm »
Hey all, I was just wondering if anyone has replaced their battery? I see some on ebay shipped from China to the US, seems to be about 4cm thicker than the battery specs I've read about on the boards here and for $15 and 3 weeks, I think I'll take the gamble. Just wanted to know if anyone has done this successfully.
« Last Edit: September 16, 2018, 06:46:37 pm by Dementorrain »

PsyOps

• Section Eight
Re: Battery replacement for GPD XD
« Reply #1 on: September 18, 2018, 12:31:36 am »
are you in USA?

Dementorrain (OP)

« Reply #2 on: September 18, 2018, 01:19:23 am »
Yes I am, do you have batteries?

Smoker1

« Reply #3 on: September 28, 2018, 04:29:08 am »
Ordered a Battery on Ebay from rjpia. Lucky that I got the last one. Apparently the Seller is away for a while, so VERY lucky. Am I correct in assuming that if I use a Blow-Dryer on Low Setting, I can remove the old Battery? Seems to be a pain to remove the old one due to the 2 Stickers. Kind of Bulging, and possibly the problem of why the Device Shuts off when trying to get it to Start up. After the Loading Screen, it will Freeze, then after a while, just shut off, like you held the Power Button to force a Shutdown.

PsyOps

• Section Eight
« Reply #4 on: September 30, 2018, 08:27:17 pm »
I have batteries as well to sell, but i also have been very busy. Taking the battery out is a pain. A bigger pain if you are keeping the battery because you dont want to damage it. I actually used a heat gun that runs much hotter than a blow dryer and it was still a pain. My suggestion is to use the hair dryer (if that is all you have access to) and use a plastic scrapper of some kind. Best thing I used was a plastic putty knife like this: https://www.amazon.com/Warner-Plastic-Putty-Knife-905/dp/B000I1TGKQ

Just evenly get under the battery and start lifting a little at a time, then just keep pushing into the gap between the battery and xd case.

Smoker1

« Reply #5 on: October 03, 2018, 02:33:36 am »
Replaced mine Today. It is kind of a pain. Especially if you have to remove the new one, because you put it in with the Cable pointing the wrong way. LOL. But it is working perfectly now. Going to Order another as a Spare, just in case.
What would be nice, is if there was a XD Bottom Housing Mod that gives some clearance space between the Battery and the Motherboard. The Win1 Mod works great. If there was a XD Mod though, with a few extra Vents, it would be perfect.

dreamesper

• Dreamesper
« Reply #6 on: October 11, 2018, 04:47:09 am »
Great! Glad to hear about your positive experience swapping a new, spare battery.

;D

Post a new topic