Author Topic: Any Gpd G5A or G7 still out there for sale maybe?  (Read 3564 times)

Merlkir (OP)

Any Gpd G5A or G7 still out there for sale maybe?
« on: March 09, 2019, 09:53:25 am »
I got into these Android handhelds with the JXD 7300, then I got a GPD Q9. And while they were both nice (and the GPD Q9 is certainly better at this), I've always had issues with the shape of these things.

Recently I saw the Gpd G5A somewhere and thought this looked great! Like a controller almost, with a fairly chunky body, I would really like that for my big crampy hands.

Obviously, the screen is probably crappy, Android would be old...but still. If anyone had this laying around unused, I'd be interested in buying it.

(and it looks like Skelton made his Legacy ROM for thie model as well? That'd be great.)
« Last Edit: March 09, 2019, 10:01:18 am by Merlkir »

Merlkir (OP)

Re: Any Gpd G5A still out there for sale maybe?
« Reply #1 on: March 09, 2019, 09:58:09 am »
Oh, or the G7s maybe? Haven't seen that one before either and it too looks quite chunky.

Is there any reason why I shouldn't get one of these and keep my Q9?
« Last Edit: March 09, 2019, 10:01:56 am by Merlkir »

tiagao_extremo

Re: Any Gpd G5A or G7 still out there for sale maybe?
« Reply #2 on: March 09, 2019, 06:59:10 pm »
Honestly you shouldn't downgrade from the Q9 to the G5A or the G7, although they are amazing devices they are way too old now. You most likely won't find a brand new, also it won't be cheap. I had a G5A, which i still miss the form factor, but the best option i found was using a nintendo 3ds xl grip with some minor adjustment. Feels much better, almost close to the G5A:

Dr_Bunsen

« Reply #3 on: March 09, 2019, 10:45:34 pm »
Honestly you shouldn't downgrade from the Q9 to the G5A or the G7, although they are amazing devices they are way too old now. You most likely won't find a brand new, also it won't be cheap. I had a G5A, which i still miss the form factor, but the best option i found was using a nintendo 3ds xl grip with some minor adjustment. Feels much better, almost close to the G5A:

I should be getting my GPD XD+ soon and was intrigued by the grip. Could you let me know which one you bought and what modifications you had to do? Does it operate the shoulder/trigger buttons?
My Portable Devices: Sega Game Gear, PSP 3000, PS Vita, Nvidia Shield Portable, GPD Win, GPD XD+, Bitboy V1, Coolboy RS-97, PAP KIII Plus, LDK Landscape, 1Up-Pix Portable Landscape (RPi 3B+), Anbernic RG-350.

tiagao_extremo

« Reply #4 on: March 10, 2019, 12:09:41 am »
I bought this one at gearbest:

https://www.gearbest.com/game-accessories/pp_280576.html

This is the grip for the nintendo 3ds:

If you try to use the grip as it is it will cover the L2, R2, the earphone connector and the sdcard slot:

It's a simple modification, you just need to cut and remove the grip covering:

It's a completely different experience and completely worth it, in my opinion. Gives a much better handling for every kind of games. In fact, i can't play anymore without using it.

Merlkir (OP)

« Reply #5 on: March 10, 2019, 07:48:26 am »
Ghhnnn...I do have a grip for my n3DS XL, so I get that this works.

Was just thinking I'd rather avoid having two pieces of gear if I could have one.

tiagao_extremo

« Reply #6 on: March 10, 2019, 03:54:15 pm »
You could also consider buying a shield portable since it has better hardware than these devices. Although it falls into the same situation that isn't produced anymore, so it won't be cheap.

Radioboy86

« Reply #7 on: September 10, 2019, 10:50:25 pm »
I have 2 units, both G7A models, let me know. I am looking to sell a Q9 PSV unit too

Post a new topic
Post a new topic