• HomeBoards
  • RulesRules
  • HelpHelp
  • WikiWiki
  • Donate

Author Topic: 64gb XD from Aliexpress (legit? cheapest price?)  (Read 2541 times)

radiohead14 (OP)

64gb XD from Aliexpress (legit? cheapest price?)
« on: December 18, 2015, 07:54:58 pm »
I've never ordered from Aliexpress before, but it looks like they have an "official GPD" seller portal that has the cheapest price on the 64gb model. Is this a safe and legit site to order from? How long does shipping usually take to get to the U.S., as I assume they ship from China?

http://m.aliexpress.com/item/32477172748.html
« Last Edit: December 18, 2015, 08:05:50 pm by radiohead14 »

radiohead14 (OP)

Re: 64gb XD from Aliexpress (legit? cheapest price?)
« Reply #1 on: December 18, 2015, 08:19:56 pm »
also, is the paint on the red matte on the inside? or is it glossy? do any of the other colors have matte paint? I can't stand glossy paint. makes things look tacky and cheap. thanks

SONY

• !
« Reply #2 on: December 19, 2015, 02:20:33 am »
1. It's 100% safe, official and legit!!

2. Yes, super glossy in fact.
Nintendo Switch w/ipega PG-9083

SONY PS3 Super Slim
SONY PS4 Slim
SONY PS4 Pro

ALLDOCUBE Mix Plus w/ ipega PG-9023

Apple iPad pro 2019 w/Gamevice (pending)

Lax

• Host Anvil - Web Hosting
« Reply #3 on: December 19, 2015, 11:11:00 am »
Yes the red one is glossy and I agree about your stance on glossy stuff, unfortunately its the only color that has a 64GB internal memory.

However remember you can get a Black 32GB version, one I own that looks much nicer and has a nice matt finish on the inside and bottom with a decent glossy top and buy a 64GB SD card pretty cheap.
Turn off your Android games console when you are finished with it!

radiohead14 (OP)

« Reply #4 on: December 19, 2015, 05:46:55 pm »
Ok thanks guys. Do you know if it's worth paying for the faster shipping? I read that their free shipping could take up to a month or so, but I also read some reviews that said the paid shipping also took a while.

eragon2890

« Reply #5 on: December 19, 2015, 05:49:35 pm »
when I checked the faster options were +- 70 dollars more expensive, and with some (at least DHL) you will also pay proably 40-80 dollars customs on top of that (depending on your country). I recommend free shipping...

lemmywinks

« Reply #6 on: December 19, 2015, 06:25:19 pm »
Ok thanks guys. Do you know if it's worth paying for the faster shipping? I read that their free shipping could take up to a month or so, but I also read some reviews that said the paid shipping also took a while.

Don't use DHL, I'm currently having a nightmare with them. They incorrectly invoiced the company I work for (it was the delivery address with my name on it) and even though it was paid (and claimed back with HMRC) they are sending letters threatening litigation and debt collection agencies to my managing director. Waited nearly half an hour on hold (at my expense) trying to get through to someone who could sort the problem, however their staff are all completely useless. They charge ?10 for their handling fee and this is what you get.

Not only that but you will definitely get hit with import fees (was ?44 on my original XD) so its just not worth it. My replacement XD was sent with standard tracked post and arrived in 10 days with no problems and no import VAT/duty so just go for that option.
Handhelds:
GPD Win, GPD XD 64gb, PlayGo, RS-90, 3DS XL, DSi XL, GBA SP, GBBC Clone, Gameboy Pocket c/w screen mod, PSP Go
PC:
Medion Erazer, Toshiba Z20t, Dell Mini 9, Psion 5MX
Tons of other old laptops and tablets.....

radiohead14 (OP)

« Reply #7 on: December 20, 2015, 12:34:32 am »
alright thanks guys

radiohead14 (OP)

« Reply #8 on: December 21, 2015, 02:21:55 am »
changed my mind on the red one... it looks real tacky and cheap with that awful glossy paint job

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oVIUIS_mQlg

SONY

• !
« Reply #9 on: December 21, 2015, 02:36:03 am »
hehe, I love the red one and by the way, that happens to be the vid made by @lemmywinks :)
Nintendo Switch w/ipega PG-9083

SONY PS3 Super Slim
SONY PS4 Slim
SONY PS4 Pro

ALLDOCUBE Mix Plus w/ ipega PG-9023

Apple iPad pro 2019 w/Gamevice (pending)

Post a new topic