Author Topic: [ROM] LegacyROM Kitkat for GPD XD  (Read 659997 times)

Skelton-retired (OP)

Re: [ROM] LegacyROM Kitkat for GPD XD
« Reply #920 on: November 09, 2017, 09:05:54 am »
Most probably you will need to reflash or install a custom recovery.

http://sectioneight.net/gpd-xd/tutorials/gpd-xd-installing-cwm

To update superSU just select normal option and not TWRP, like it's explained in first post.
Retired

cons_lover

« Reply #921 on: November 09, 2017, 02:09:07 pm »
@skelton ok thanks, i fixed with a reflash the 1.6 Legacy Rom

@PsyOps no, i just installed the Legacy Rom  ::)

cons_lover

« Reply #922 on: November 09, 2017, 05:21:50 pm »
with ​Flashify  tool is required Legacy ext4 Rom ?

cons_lover

« Reply #923 on: November 10, 2017, 01:44:31 pm »
@PsyOps

hello :)

Is the Rom http://sectioneight.net/s8files/gpd/xd-firmware/xd_legacy_1.4ghz_ext4.zip the same from @skelton, just the system file is different, right?   ::)

cons_lover

« Reply #924 on: November 11, 2017, 04:26:26 pm »
thanks a lot, also for your nice site full of very explained tutorial  ;)

Skelton-retired (OP)

« Reply #925 on: January 02, 2018, 04:09:01 pm »
Edited first post to include ext4 versions for TWRP and PsyOps tutorials. Thanks PsyOps for your work.
Retired

GetBeaned

« Reply #926 on: February 20, 2018, 04:27:01 pm »
Finally got my GPX XD today after 3 painful weeks (I love ya GearBest but you're not the swiftest with the whole delivery thing). Those 3 weeks did give me a chance to research flashing the device with a custom ROM though, and after 5 minutes of experiencing the stock ROM I quickly (and easily) installed yours, skelton.

Works beautifully, made an account just to say thanks!

FrPiq

« Reply #927 on: April 01, 2018, 11:22:43 pm »
So we are not going to get an update for XD firmware?

tiagao_extremo

« Reply #928 on: April 02, 2018, 12:38:08 pm »
So we are not going to get an update for XD firmware?

Skelton is retired from android development and we all should be grateful for what he had developed for us through all these years, entirely for free.

dekao

« Reply #929 on: June 09, 2018, 02:06:36 pm »
Exactly.. the guy led this whole thing almost  by himself. let the new generation come. 

johannes

« Reply #930 on: February 02, 2019, 05:58:58 pm »
Is it possible to get android 8 on this device? I am very Happy with LegacyRom, but i cannot use yaba sanshiro anymore. I know skelton is not on development anymore. But i don't know where to get source code to try porting something higher. Thanks anyway.

tiagao_extremo

« Reply #931 on: February 02, 2019, 06:40:56 pm »
Is it possible to get android 8 on this device? I am very Happy with LegacyRom, but i cannot use yaba sanshiro anymore. I know skelton is not on development anymore. But i don't know where to get source code to try porting something higher. Thanks anyway.

Skelton always shares the source code:

https://github.com/skelton

At this point is extremely unlikely that someone will develop a new rom for the original xd, so if you don't want to be stuck with kitkat your best option would be buying a xd+.

johannes

« Reply #932 on: February 02, 2019, 06:42:59 pm »
Thanks. I Guess the Code is xd444 repository. I only see kernel there though. I Will try to pm him. Thanks.

Skelton-retired (OP)

« Reply #933 on: February 02, 2019, 07:50:45 pm »
Yeah, the repo is that one. It's only the kernel because it is basically the code available for XD: I don't have code for u-boot used in XD, and I had to use the minibootloader that came with stock. It uses mini version so it also needs uboot,img. That was my main problem trying to update to a newer android version. There is u-boot code for RK3288 in github, with newer kernel versions that should be used for android 6 or 7 at least, but without the config for XD, flashing an incorrect bootloader is dangerous, can be reverted using mask rom, but not something all people know how to do.

If you like a complete SDK, I basically used the firefly RK3288 repository for kitkat. They also have a repo for Lollipop, which ran terrible in firefly for gaming. But without a bootloader then everything is a mess.

There is also an experimental android 7.1 build for Xd which I never tried, and was made by PHH. He aparently used some leaked SDK from a RK3288 tablet, but never leaked that source, so I could never investigate further, so maybe you can try contact him and see if he can leak it to you somehow.
Retired

johannes

« Reply #934 on: February 10, 2019, 05:18:36 pm »
Skelton, i am having problem when trying to compile Kernel. It compiles but i only get Kernel.img, not the boot.img . Any missing step i must do? I flash latest stock ROM with kernel.img i compile but system is ignoring my Kernel. Thanks.

Skelton-retired (OP)

« Reply #935 on: February 11, 2019, 07:09:54 am »
rockchip can work in two followings ways:

Boot,img composed by a kernel binary + ramdisk. That's the case of stock rom. In that case kernel binary in boot.img takes priority over kernel.img

Boot.img with just a ramdisk: In that case kernel.img is used and boot.img is just a ramdisk.

So basically is you want to use your kernel.img in stock rom, you have two options:

-Split boot.img and remoce kernel binary inside it so it is just a ramdisk, so that wat your kernel.img is used.

- Split boot.img and include your kernel inside it. That way your new boot.img is used with your kernel.

For both options you can use AFPTool since rockchip boot,img is not a standard boot.img wuth the magic word Android in it
I hope my explanation is clear.
Retired

VanZan

« Reply #936 on: April 22, 2019, 02:21:25 am »
never mind found the answer myself.
« Last Edit: April 22, 2019, 02:37:59 am by VanZan »

2huwman

« Reply #937 on: July 06, 2019, 09:53:57 am »
sorry for the potentially stupid question, but where do i download the legacy roms - the section8 links say file not found. thanks!

tiagao_extremo

« Reply #938 on: July 06, 2019, 01:59:58 pm »
sorry for the potentially stupid question, but where do i download the legacy roms - the section8 links say file not found. thanks!

Here:

http://xdrescue.com/gpd-xd-help/gpd-xd-files/gpd-xd-firmware/

2huwman

« Reply #939 on: July 06, 2019, 06:38:03 pm »
Thanks very much!

Post a new topic