Author Topic: [ROM] LegacyROM Kitkat for GPD XD  (Read 643936 times)

eragon2890

Re: [ROM] LegacyROM Kitkat for GPD XD
« Reply #40 on: March 29, 2016, 05:55:19 pm »
Can someone with 3.4.3 test that null joystick mode with Horizon Chase? Maybe with no joystick you can asign screen buttons to gamepad and be able to play this game ;D

Im on LegacyROM now, so I cant test it :P

You can't assign controls to screen with mapper or Tincore? Or does the game only include g sensor? If that's the case I don't understand why developers release a racing game with no support for controllers.....

Problem is game has a problem with XD buttons, car is braking always in-game, even if you disable gamepad in options (it sets automatically gamepad on when you exit)

Game is awesome, its like a remake of outrun  :'(

well if there is no controller (as the game will see it) then yes you should be able to map the buttons I guess... assuming the mapper itself still works in this mode...

Skelton-retired (OP)

« Reply #41 on: March 29, 2016, 06:33:46 pm »
Can someone with 3.4.3 test that null joystick mode with Horizon Chase? Maybe with no joystick you can asign screen buttons to gamepad and be able to play this game ;D

Im on LegacyROM now, so I cant test it :P

You can't assign controls to screen with mapper or Tincore? Or does the game only include g sensor? If that's the case I don't understand why developers release a racing game with no support for controllers.....

Problem is game has a problem with XD buttons, car is braking always in-game, even if you disable gamepad in options (it sets automatically gamepad on when you exit)

Game is awesome, its like a remake of outrun  :'(

I tried that game in my phone with a ps3 and moga controllers and do the same thing, so my guess is that controller support is bad implemented in the game....
Retired

jbach50

« Reply #42 on: March 30, 2016, 08:53:42 am »
I am rather happy you ported this over for us XD users :>  currently I like where my XD is and how its set (if someone ever makes CWM or TWRP, then I wouldnt mind switching roms (most of my rooted phones and tablets I use one of the recoveries, make a nandroid backup, then install the new rom. that way I can bounc between them (just set that up on my Xperia play :>)

Get well soon Sir

bitersnake

« Reply #43 on: March 30, 2016, 05:07:57 pm »
i don't know to talk use eng.

E.g real racing 3.
The game is will check have you connect joy.

1. not connect joy = use g-sensor for play
2. connect joy  = use joy for play

In the game setting can't change control method.
So,XD must use joy for control.

If use "null joystick mode", the XD joy will Fail. (key mapping function is ok)
the game is will check XD not joy, and than us can use g-sensor for play real racing 3  .

This function may be not eng name,so,it is show "NULL"

But real.racing 3/works ok In ps3 mode. Why do you need g sensor instead of controls? I don' t see the advantage. Anyhow, the gamepad apk is close.source if there is a new option in the driver joystick inside kernel.I would.need that change from gpd.to include it in my custom kernel.
I personally don't think I update my legacyRom.until android m is out. Or unless the kitkat firmware has a huge change. But if that's only change in 3.4.3 (the null  joystick), I won't update it, too much work for me at the moment.

Skelton, maybe I'm being too greedy and I obviously do not understand kernels too well so I can only imagine that it's tremendous hard work that goes into what you do, but is there any chance you could do a release with the null joystick?

This will be a massive help as a lot of new android games have horrible native support and I'd much rather used touch/ mapped controls instead of native joystick.

This list of games includes some prominent titles like Real Racing 3- the native controls are so sensitive that I have to play a 3 year old version without controller support.

Also, games like Fifa 15/ 16 all have very tedious controls and a "null' option to disable joystick will be fantastic...

pretty please ?:)

Skelton-retired (OP)

« Reply #44 on: March 30, 2016, 07:25:17 pm »
i don't know to talk use eng.

E.g real racing 3.
The game is will check have you connect joy.

1. not connect joy = use g-sensor for play
2. connect joy  = use joy for play

In the game setting can't change control method.
So,XD must use joy for control.

If use "null joystick mode", the XD joy will Fail. (key mapping function is ok)
the game is will check XD not joy, and than us can use g-sensor for play real racing 3  .

This function may be not eng name,so,it is show "NULL"

But real.racing 3/works ok In ps3 mode. Why do you need g sensor instead of controls? I don' t see the advantage. Anyhow, the gamepad apk is close.source if there is a new option in the driver joystick inside kernel.I would.need that change from gpd.to include it in my custom kernel.
I personally don't think I update my legacyRom.until android m is out. Or unless the kitkat firmware has a huge change. But if that's only change in 3.4.3 (the null  joystick), I won't update it, too much work for me at the moment.

Skelton, maybe I'm being too greedy and I obviously do not understand kernels too well so I can only imagine that it's tremendous hard work that goes into what you do, but is there any chance you could do a release with the null joystick?

This will be a massive help as a lot of new android games have horrible native support and I'd much rather used touch/ mapped controls instead of native joystick.

This list of games includes some prominent titles like Real Racing 3- the native controls are so sensitive that I have to play a 3 year old version without controller support.

Also, games like Fifa 15/ 16 all have very tedious controls and a "null' option to disable joystick will be fantastic...

pretty please ?:)

A custom kernel without full sources is a pretty hard work, I spent almost two months to get headphones and HDMI working in my custom kernel. About the change in the joystick, I depend on GPD for that. If they send me their change for the joystick driver I can include it, but if I have to re-write the driver by myself, then it's a no, because my time it's too limited for that tremendous work. So it depends on GPD people.

« Last Edit: March 30, 2016, 07:31:53 pm by skelton »
Retired

johannes

« Reply #45 on: March 30, 2016, 07:47:13 pm »
Installed rom and working like a charm. Saturn games run better at 1,8 ghz. Amazing work. I bought you some beer in appreciation for your work. thanks again.

bombjack

« Reply #46 on: March 30, 2016, 11:00:29 pm »
I've registered just to say thank you for this. It's excellent - rock solid at 1.8Ghz, no crashes and works great with the interactive governor. Look out for the beer money.

Skelton-retired (OP)

« Reply #47 on: March 31, 2016, 11:11:26 am »
Thanks so much for those who bought me a beer.

I am waiting for GPD to sent me te null joystick driver change, and apparently rockchip has released new Mali userpsace drivers for it (GPD people are testing it now). I will wait until they send me those changes (mali is close source so my hands are tied) so I can make a new kernel or a new minor update of the rom. It shouldn't be problem for those using current version of the rom because updating via microSD anything should be erased.
Retired

Panja

« Reply #48 on: March 31, 2016, 11:43:39 am »

If someone wants to buy me a beer you can invite me to my paypal

https://www.paypal.com/cgi-bin/webscr?cmd=_donations&business=skelton25%40gmail%2ecom&lc=ES&currency_code=EUR&bn=PP%2dDonationsBF%3abtn_donateCC_LG%2egif%3aNonHosted

I just installed the legendary LegacyROM and I love it.
You did your part, I did mine: bought you a beer (or 2  ;D) through PayPal.

Muchos gracias skelton!

Skelton-retired (OP)

« Reply #49 on: March 31, 2016, 11:48:56 am »
You are welcome
Retired

Chris23235

« Reply #50 on: March 31, 2016, 01:26:50 pm »
Thanks f?r your hard work Skelton, I hope your health will get better soon.

I updated yesterday by putting the renamed image on my SD card. The update worked flawless and everything seems to be fine, all settings and Apps are still there. It's a nice performance boost for some more demanding Mame Roms (e.g. S.T.U.N. Runner).

Bought you a beer :)

Skelton-retired (OP)

« Reply #51 on: March 31, 2016, 01:40:39 pm »
Thanks very much. Happy to know that method 2 (via microSd) works fine. It helps me a lot for future updates.
Retired

Chris23235

« Reply #52 on: March 31, 2016, 01:56:25 pm »
One small thing, the GPD update asked me after successfully updating and rebooting if the update.img file on the SD card should be deleted. I always found this very convenient, any chance to incorporate such a function in the Legacy Rom?

Skelton-retired (OP)

« Reply #53 on: March 31, 2016, 02:13:54 pm »
Didn't asked you to delete the file? In theory it should, I will take a look for an update. I removed the OTA application GPD included so perhaps is a little bug or the original RK SDK didn't include that option...
Retired

Chris23235

« Reply #54 on: March 31, 2016, 02:17:45 pm »
It didn't ask me, I didn't notice at first, but when I deleted the file with my file browser APP I realised that it wasn't done automatically.

Skelton-retired (OP)

« Reply #55 on: March 31, 2016, 02:23:59 pm »
I see, I will take a look to see If I can implement it somehow. Though fortunately can be deleted with a file browser.
Retired

bitersnake

« Reply #56 on: March 31, 2016, 04:27:34 pm »

I am waiting for GPD to sent me te null joystick driver change, and apparently rockchip has released new Mali userpsace drivers for it (GPD people are testing it now). I will wait until they send me those changes (mali is close source so my hands are tied) so I can make a new kernel or a new minor update of the rom. It shouldn't be problem for those using current version of the rom because updating via microSD anything should be erased.

Just bought you a pint or two, mate! cheers for your hardwork on the GPD devices and on the 7300B in the past!

Would be super cool if you could get your hands on the new joystick driver with the null setting! thanks and tc...

Skelton-retired (OP)

« Reply #57 on: March 31, 2016, 04:39:40 pm »

Just bought you a pint or two, mate! cheers for your hardwork on the GPD devices and on the 7300B in the past!

Would be super cool if you could get your hands on the new joystick driver with the null setting! thanks and tc...

Thanks. I talked to GPD dev and they should send me that change to include it soon I hope. GPD devs are quite collaborative so I suppose they will send me by the end of week or so. Apparently there are also some new mali drivers that were devlivered by Rockchip and are being tested by gpd devs too. So probably they will send me both stuff I hope. As soon as they send me it, I can make an update.
Retired

jumpup

LegacyROM - PSPPSP, app freezes, then entire system freezes
« Reply #58 on: March 31, 2016, 05:27:23 pm »
@skelton - I have been using the same instance of PSPPSP on both the GPD XD ROMs and LegacyROM. For some reason, though, a couple of games freeze to the point where the entire OS is completely non-responsive. I made a note of all PSPPSP to make sure they matched between GPD XD 3.4 and LegacyROM

Any time the freezing occurs, I have to manually powercycle the XD

The game in instance this time is Fight Night, Round 3. Disclaimer: with the stock GPD XD ROMs, I never had any full lockup isues.

Attached are the current Kernel Auditor settings. I've also been spending time in the PSPPSP forums asking about this.

Any ideas, you Jedi Knights of the GPD XD universe?

Thanks!
Jay
« Last Edit: March 31, 2016, 05:31:41 pm by jumpup »

Skelton-retired (OP)

« Reply #59 on: March 31, 2016, 05:33:47 pm »
If you are using 1,8 ghz perhaps your system is not so overclockable as others. Try reducing to 1,6 ghz or 1,4 ghz to see if it improves. I personally never got a freeze using PPSSPP or any app at 1,8 ghz. But it's not guaranteed that all devices support overclocking at 1,8 ghz or the DDR overclock. Some cpu apps have issues with overclock when applying them on boot. Perhaps you can try a different cpu app. I use setCPU.

I suppose you use the same version of PPSSPP and the same options in the game you mention, just in case it's not a issue with that particular game or something.

« Last Edit: March 31, 2016, 05:41:25 pm by skelton »
Retired