Author Topic: [ROM] LegacyROM Kitkat for GPD XD  (Read 643932 times)

ojdon

Re: [ROM] LegacyROM Kitkat for GPD XD
« Reply #20 on: March 28, 2016, 01:07:58 pm »
For linux chech tis, and look for Linux section:

http://wiki.radxa.com/Rock/flash_the_image

Also, if you see method 2 described in my frst post you can install the firm from the GPD itself.

Thanks for that. I was hesitant to try method 2 but it seemed to have done the job. Thanks for your swift response!

lol_username

« Reply #21 on: March 28, 2016, 01:09:55 pm »
Wow! Thanks a lot, this seems nice.

I don't think GPD improves pretty much the kitkat firmware since we are working in a Android M update, so consider this the final Kitkat firmware

This means for the XD? So the plan is to skip Lollipop and get an Android Marshmallow update for the GPD XD?

eragon2890

« Reply #22 on: March 28, 2016, 01:50:07 pm »
there is a marshmellow rom coming? awesome desu, any idea when we wil be able to eat it?

also, I don't have a smartphone or anyhting, so never used anything newer then kitkat. Would it be worth it to install a 6.0 update, given that all the game data and such would be gone from the device (including *SHOCK HORROR* all the save games)??

bitersnake

« Reply #23 on: March 28, 2016, 02:28:28 pm »
@skelton  thanks for your efforts, man. I'll put this on my device later today and it's absolutely cool that you decided to finally sort the OC kernel out for the community.

Also, wasn;t aware that you've been struggling with your health man... hope you recover soon :)

cheers

Skelton-retired (OP)

« Reply #24 on: March 28, 2016, 02:47:48 pm »
there is a marshmellow rom coming? awesome desu, any idea when we wil be able to eat it?

also, I don't have a smartphone or anyhting, so never used anything newer then kitkat. Would it be worth it to install a 6.0 update, given that all the game data and such would be gone from the device (including *SHOCK HORROR* all the save games)??

The idea is for next month (about may) , I am not so optimistic because there are some things in the android M RK SDK that must be fixed before  a stable release. Most probably will imply a full erase, but you can save your game data with titaniumbackup or similar app.
I wouldn't expect huge changes in Marshmallow. I use it in my shield tablet and there are no big differences for playing games in a 32 bit device.
Retired

eragon2890

« Reply #25 on: March 28, 2016, 06:13:27 pm »

The idea is for next month (about may) , I am not so optimistic because there are some things in the android M RK SDK that must be fixed before  a stable release. Most probably will imply a full erase, but you can save your game data with titaniumbackup or similar app.
I wouldn't expect huge changes in Marshmallow. I use it in my shield tablet and there are no big differences for playing games in a 32 bit device.

You mean it might be unstable? Yack! Albeit GPD firmware is usually always very good so far... but thanks for the warning, I will probably keep using the kitkat one then!

Skelton-retired (OP)

« Reply #26 on: March 28, 2016, 06:55:39 pm »

You mean it might be unstable? Yack! Albeit GPD firmware is usually always very good so far... but thanks for the warning, I will probably keep using the kitkat one then!

It's unstable now, but won't be unstable when they release it. That's why it's not available yet and GPD need some time to release it and fix the minor bugs, together with Rockchip.. I will be helping GPD in what I can (not much lately, unfortunately), but ithe update will not be released unless is completely stable.
« Last Edit: March 28, 2016, 06:57:18 pm by skelton »
Retired

midknight

« Reply #27 on: March 29, 2016, 10:07:08 am »
Wow look away 4 a sec and this pops up thanks man and hope you get better soon

metroid98

« Reply #28 on: March 29, 2016, 10:20:48 am »
Thanks man :)

Does method 2 wipe the system clean? I don't want to lose everything

Skelton-retired (OP)

« Reply #29 on: March 29, 2016, 10:55:49 am »
Thanks man :)

Does method 2 wipe the system clean? I don't want to lose everything

I haven't installed it with method 2, but some peo`ple has done it and in theory nothing should be erase.
Retired

kit0072

« Reply #30 on: March 29, 2016, 11:25:13 am »
i am Install 1.8G, but have a problem, i can't change the Wallpapers.
https://youtu.be/nTFYrKL58to

Other, i hope/request   LegacyROM use XD Rom for above 3.4.3 .
3.4.3 have add NULL joystick mode. 
https://youtu.be/74UATULKBjI

but 3.4.3 not eng.ver (Because GPD developed it to fix some Chinese Mobile Game.)
« Last Edit: March 29, 2016, 11:28:40 am by kit0072 »

eragon2890

« Reply #31 on: March 29, 2016, 12:01:28 pm »

Aw good, better they wait a bit longer then release some unstable crap early.

Like some other companies firmware *COUGH ARCHOS COUGH*

It's unstable now, but won't be unstable when they release it. That's why it's not available yet and GPD need some time to release it and fix the minor bugs, together with Rockchip.. I will be helping GPD in what I can (not much lately, unfortunately), but ithe update will not be released unless is completely stable.

eragon2890

« Reply #32 on: March 29, 2016, 12:02:02 pm »

Aw good, better they wait a bit longer then release some unstable crap early.

Like some other companies firmware *COUGH ARCHOS COUGH*

I will wait patiently

kit0072

« Reply #33 on: March 29, 2016, 12:15:19 pm »
my post is lost?

https://youtu.be/4fXeReYoHbU

3.4.3 have add NULL joystick mode.  hope LegacyROM will update.
« Last Edit: March 29, 2016, 12:34:15 pm by kit0072 »

Skelton-retired (OP)

« Reply #34 on: March 29, 2016, 12:40:23 pm »
my post is lost?

https://youtu.be/4fXeReYoHbU

3.4.3 have add NULL joystick mode.  hope LegacyROM will update.

And what is null joystick mode.exactly? If it's a change in kernel driver I depend on gpd. But I don't think joystick driver must be updated
Retired

kit0072

« Reply #35 on: March 29, 2016, 01:50:25 pm »
i don't know to talk use eng.

E.g real racing 3.
The game is will check have you connect joy.

1. not connect joy = use g-sensor for play
2. connect joy  = use joy for play

In the game setting can't change control method.
So,XD must use joy for control.

If use "null joystick mode", the XD joy will Fail. (key mapping function is ok)
the game is will check XD not joy, and than us can use g-sensor for play real racing 3  .

This function may be not eng name,so,it is show "NULL"
« Last Edit: March 29, 2016, 02:43:33 pm by kit0072 »

SynbiosZero

« Reply #36 on: March 29, 2016, 02:46:11 pm »
Can someone with 3.4.3 test that null joystick mode with Horizon Chase? Maybe with no joystick you can asign screen buttons to gamepad and be able to play this game ;D

Im on LegacyROM now, so I cant test it :P

Skelton-retired (OP)

« Reply #37 on: March 29, 2016, 03:15:34 pm »
i don't know to talk use eng.

E.g real racing 3.
The game is will check have you connect joy.

1. not connect joy = use g-sensor for play
2. connect joy  = use joy for play

In the game setting can't change control method.
So,XD must use joy for control.

If use "null joystick mode", the XD joy will Fail. (key mapping function is ok)
the game is will check XD not joy, and than us can use g-sensor for play real racing 3  .

This function may be not eng name,so,it is show "NULL"

But real.racing 3/works ok In ps3 mode. Why do you need g sensor instead of controls? I don' t see the advantage. Anyhow, the gamepad apk is close.source if there is a new option in the driver joystick inside kernel.I would.need that change from gpd.to include it in my custom kernel.
I personally don't think I update my legacyRom.until android m is out. Or unless the kitkat firmware has a huge change. But if that's only change in 3.4.3 (the null  joystick), I won't update it, too much work for me at the moment.
« Last Edit: March 29, 2016, 03:21:47 pm by skelton »
Retired

Skelton-retired (OP)

« Reply #38 on: March 29, 2016, 03:23:21 pm »
Can someone with 3.4.3 test that null joystick mode with Horizon Chase? Maybe with no joystick you can asign screen buttons to gamepad and be able to play this game ;D

You can't assign controls to screen with mapper or Tincore? Or does the game only include g sensor? If that's the case I don't understand why developers release a racing game with no support for controllers.....
Retired

SynbiosZero

« Reply #39 on: March 29, 2016, 03:58:37 pm »

You can't assign controls to screen with mapper or Tincore? Or does the game only include g sensor? If that's the case I don't understand why developers release a racing game with no support for controllers.....

Problem is game has a problem with XD buttons, car is braking always in-game, even if you disable gamepad in options (it sets automatically gamepad on when you exit)

Game is awesome, its like a remake of outrun  :'(

Post a new topic