• HomeBoards
  • RulesRules
  • HelpHelp
  • WikiWiki
  • Donate

Author Topic: [ROM] LegacyROM Kitkat for GPD XD  (Read 584413 times)

skelton (OP)

[ROM] LegacyROM Kitkat for GPD XD
« on: March 26, 2016, 12:03:04 pm »
I don't share this ROM at this forum and don't have any kind of my support from me. Reason, some shops have been lucrating with my job, and I don't like that.
« Last Edit: October 21, 2018, 06:28:11 pm by skelton »
Retired

tiagao_extremo

Re: [ROM] LegacyROM Kitkat for GPD XD
« Reply #1 on: March 26, 2016, 12:12:28 pm »
That's awesome, thanks Skelton!

Panja

« Reply #2 on: March 26, 2016, 12:27:54 pm »
Are you serious?!?
I didn't think you would make one for the GPD XD.
This is so very welcome!  :D

Many thanks skelton.
I will give this a try pretty soon.  8)

One question though...
Not trying to be a smart ass or trying to be rude in any way!

But why 3 versions?
I could just download the 1.8GHz version and install that.
If I don't want my clock to go over 1.4GHz (to safe battery) I could just install SetCPU (or any other CPU app) and set the max clock to 1.4GHz?
Or am I mistaken?

« Last Edit: March 26, 2016, 12:35:27 pm by Panja »

eragon2890

« Reply #3 on: March 26, 2016, 12:34:52 pm »
looks great, but I am a bit worried that the overclocked RAM and CPU speeds (esp. RAM) might blow up or at least shorten the lifespan of my beloved XD...

Is the increased DDR and CPU speed harmless in terms of heat?

skelton (OP)

« Reply #4 on: March 26, 2016, 12:37:54 pm »

But why 3 versions?
If I don't want my clock to go over 1.4GHz (to safe battery) I could just install SetCPU (or any other CPU app) and set the max clock to 1.4GHz?
Or am I mistaken?

You are right. I did three versions just for noobs that don't know how to use cpu apps and things like that.
Retired

skelton (OP)

« Reply #5 on: March 26, 2016, 12:39:09 pm »
looks great, but I am a bit worried that the overclocked RAM and CPU speeds (esp. RAM) might blow up or at least shorten the lifespan of my beloved XD...

You can use 1,4 ghz if you don't need OC. Device is a bit warmer, but q9 is much warmer than XD for example. XD has better dissipation. DDR speed was 456 in the first firmwares of GPD, they just decided underclocking it more in latter firmwares....

« Last Edit: March 26, 2016, 12:40:49 pm by skelton »
Retired

Panja

« Reply #6 on: March 26, 2016, 12:57:48 pm »

But why 3 versions?
Or am I mistaken?

You are right. I did three versions just for noobs that don't know how to use cpu apps and things like that.

Ok, I understand! Thanks for the heads up.
I was just checking. :)

Introduction:
The app gamepad has some bug with certain languages and can show mode PSP or Android. If that's the case  PSP is the same as PS3 and Android to XBOX.

One more question though. The gamepad app you're talking about is the same gamepad app included in the normal roms right?
« Last Edit: March 26, 2016, 01:01:43 pm by Panja »

eragon2890

« Reply #7 on: March 26, 2016, 01:51:44 pm »

You can use 1,4 ghz if you don't need OC. Device is a bit warmer, but q9 is much warmer than XD for example. XD has better dissipation. DDR speed was 456 in the first firmwares of GPD, they just decided underclocking it more in latter firmwares....

ah thank you! :D

I am still on first firmware, given it runs fine for 6 months that's reassuring!

skelton (OP)

« Reply #8 on: March 26, 2016, 01:55:49 pm »

But why 3 versions?
Or am I mistaken?

Ok, I understand! Thanks for the heads up.
I was just checking. :)

Introduction:
The app gamepad has some bug with certain languages and can show mode PSP or Android. If that's the case  PSP is the same as PS3 and Android to XBOX.

One more question though. The gamepad app you're talking about is the same gamepad app included in the normal roms right?

Yep. the same gamepad of stock rom included in  v.3.4.2 firmware
Retired

Panja

« Reply #9 on: March 26, 2016, 02:43:32 pm »
Cool!
Good stuff. :)

Gunbuster

« Reply #10 on: March 26, 2016, 04:08:49 pm »
Very very nice, that is exactly what my XD needed, a slight increase in cpu power and everything feels a lot smoother now. Plus Nexus 5 spoofing is ingenious; I can finally access my legally bought games without messing with apks.

Thank you soo much !

« Reply #11 on: March 26, 2016, 04:27:03 pm »
Thanks Skelton for all of the many years of hardwork you've put into Android. Swift recovery to you my brother!
Alienware 18 Sli Gtx 880m 8tb external 1tb enternal 80gb SSD 256gb SSD
Nvidia Shield Portable Tegra 4 64gb Micro SD
Jxd S192 Tegra K1 200gb Mirco SD
PlayStation 3 320gb

masterofstuff124

« Reply #12 on: March 27, 2016, 12:06:12 am »
ofcourse my XD has hardware issues then Skelton drops a legacy rom. such is life i guess. hopefully geekbuying sorts my issues out for me. when i get a working XD again ill install this asap! so exciting! thanks again skelton!
"Space does tend to take your breath away"

OutRun8601

« Reply #13 on: March 27, 2016, 06:11:34 am »
What does this mean for games on PSP?? Does it mean it can now run them with no speed issues? Also Dreamcast? Any improvement with the Saturn emulator as this just is unplayable right now.

skelton (OP)

« Reply #14 on: March 27, 2016, 09:50:48 am »
Ppsspp, dc and uoyabause run a bit better with overclock. But don't expect that all psp or saturn games run perfecto, because even in my shield tablet some psp games run a bit slow. Performance gobernor is a must for uoyabause. Some games run good in terms of speed. I have played virtua fighter remix, panzer dragoon zwei or guardi?n h?roes and they run fine.using performance and 1,8 ghz kernel. For uoyabause the rk3288 is not enough anyway, only some games will be playable. Mali drivers are terrible too and most games have graphical glitches that they don't in other devices with other GPUs like powervr, intel or tegra according to my tests.
Retired

OutRun8601

« Reply #15 on: March 27, 2016, 07:28:29 pm »
Ppsspp, dc and uoyabause run a bit better with overclock. But don't expect that all psp or saturn games run perfecto, because even in my shield tablet some psp games run a bit slow. Performance gobernor is a must for uoyabause. Some games run good in terms of speed. I have played virtua fighter remix, panzer dragoon zwei or guardi?n h?roes and they run fine.using performance and 1,8 ghz kernel. For uoyabause the rk3288 is not enough anyway, only some games will be playable. Mali drivers are terrible too and most games have graphical glitches that they don't in other devices with other GPUs like powervr, intel or tegra according to my tests.
Okay thanks for your feedback.

OutRun8601

« Reply #16 on: March 27, 2016, 07:28:39 pm »
Okay thanks for your feedback.

Saturos

« Reply #17 on: March 27, 2016, 10:35:12 pm »
Thanks for your support skelton, you are the best!  ;D ;D

ojdon

« Reply #18 on: March 28, 2016, 08:11:16 am »
This looks awesome!

Is there anyway of flashing the rom via OSX or Linux?

skelton (OP)

« Reply #19 on: March 28, 2016, 10:54:03 am »
For linux chech tis, and look for Linux section:

http://wiki.radxa.com/Rock/flash_the_image

Also, if you see method 2 described in my frst post you can install the firm from the GPD itself.
Retired

Post a new topic
Post a new topic