Author Topic: [ROM] LegacyROM Kitkat for GPD XD  (Read 508442 times)

jackal27

Re: [ROM] LegacyROM Kitkat for GPD XD
« Reply #920 on: September 27, 2017, 03:08:11 am »
Tried a few different versions of Retroarch to see if I could fix my sleep mode problem, but it still persists? Even the builds dating back to early 2016 do the same thing.

Should I reinstall Legacyrom? Has anyone else run into the issue of Retroarch refusing to go to sleep?

EDIT: I seem to have discovered that Retroarch WILL go to sleep as long as the lock screen is enabled? Wtf? Does that clue anybody into what's happening here? I could just use a lock screen, but they require the touch screen and also they just don't really make sense for a device like this. Is there a way to "lock" my phone without a lock screen?
« Last Edit: September 27, 2017, 06:33:15 am by jackal27 »

PsyOps

• Section Eight
« Reply #921 on: October 07, 2017, 04:09:20 pm »
For your lockscreen, dunno if this will work, or why this worked for me.

I don't know if this is what you are looking for, but I can unlock my screen with using the select button. Funny thing though is that the lockscreen never comes on after that. So I don't know. Can you unlock screen normally with select?

I do know I have been playing with xposed framework and the GravityBox module. Inside there is an option for : LockscreenTweaks / Enable menu key
description: Allows menu key to be used for quick-unlocking the device while on lockscreen.

Maybe this helps you if it works? I have it selected.

jackal27

« Reply #922 on: October 17, 2017, 07:30:24 pm »
Thanks for the reply! I too decided to opt for the lock-screen and to press select. I actually think I'm going to make a GPD lock-screen image that looks like a game title screen with the GPD logo and says "Press Select to Start" for when I have friends playing on it.

PsyOps

• Section Eight
« Reply #923 on: October 17, 2017, 08:58:01 pm »
or "Insert Coin and Press Select"  :)

matanzabr

« Reply #924 on: October 26, 2017, 10:20:50 pm »
Hi skelton.
I receive my gpd xd 32 gb today.  ;D ;D ;D
But the gamepad apk,  when chose null joystick the xd freezes and restart.
If a try a second time choosing the null joystick, freezes and restart in loop.
Forcing me to enter in recovery mode and execute the 2 wipes.

How can i solve this? I installed the version in Q9, and don't work.
The game horizon chase need to use the option null joystick.

Thanks.

skelton (OP)

« Reply #925 on: October 26, 2017, 10:33:22 pm »

How can i solve this? I installed the version in Q9, and don't work.
The game horizon chase need to use the option null joystick.

Thanks.

Where did you install it? In q9 or XD? this rom is for xd, not for q9. q9 has its own legacyROM

Try reinstalling using PC method 1. Null joystick works fine, so try reinstalling in case it was a bad installation.
Retired

PsyOps

• Section Eight
« Reply #926 on: October 26, 2017, 10:35:04 pm »
Try uninstalling Gamepad.apk, then try using this one: http://www.sectioneight.net/s8files/gpd/xd-apps/Gamepad.zip

I don't know if that is ganna make any difference but it is something to try. That one comes from the 3.4.9 firmware.

reggiexp

« Reply #927 on: November 07, 2017, 03:09:47 pm »
Hi, why does downloading stop when screen turns off?
Im downloading playstore games or any thing with wifi screen of it cuts off.. Like the device goes in pause mode... Really anoying when u wanna download shit and not drain battery with screen on..
How to fix this wifi is on always on already... Btw love the rom (and anyway to get the gpd stock launcher all the android ones are kinda more touchscreen made they work but i liked the stock one of the gpd xd)

PsyOps

• Section Eight
« Reply #928 on: November 07, 2017, 05:53:40 pm »
Im downloading playstore games or any thing with wifi screen of it cuts off.. Like the device goes in pause mode... Really anoying when u wanna download shit and not drain battery with screen on..
How to fix this wifi is on always on already...

Few things you can try:
- Go to settings> tap on wi-fi > tap on the options top right ( 3 dots ) > tap on advanced >
        - from here you can make sure Keep Wi-Fi during sleep is set to Always
        - If that doesn't work maybe try to turn off Wi-Fi optimization (uncheck it)
- If all that still doesn't work try to charge the GPD XD when you are downloading
- If nothing works then install a 3rd party app like KeepScreen so that the screen stays on while you download.

Btw love the rom (and anyway to get the gpd stock launcher all the android ones are kinda more touchscreen made they work but i liked the stock one of the gpd xd)

If you mean what Launchers work best with the gamepad, I personally use SquareHome2, and it works great with gamepad. less touch, more gamepad.

reggiexp

« Reply #929 on: November 08, 2017, 10:18:06 am »
How to fix this wifi is on always on already...

Few things you can try:
- Go to settings> tap on wi-fi > tap on the options top right ( 3 dots ) > tap on advanced >
        - from here you can make sure Keep Wi-Fi during sleep is set to Always
        - If that doesn't work maybe try to turn off Wi-Fi optimization (uncheck it)
- If all that still doesn't work try to charge the GPD XD when you are downloading
- If nothing works then install a 3rd party app like KeepScreen so that the screen stays on while you download.

Btw love the rom (and anyway to get the gpd stock launcher all the android ones are kinda more touchscreen made they work but i liked the stock one of the gpd xd)

If you mean what Launchers work best with the gamepad, I personally use SquareHome2, and it works great with gamepad. less touch, more gamepad.
Thanks yeah wifi optimization is on that might be the problem.
And i mean i use nova. But i liked the stock style launcher... But i tried all suggestions on here but didn't like them. Can u get the stock launcher? Just for fun i think i still stickt to nova but who knows

PsyOps

• Section Eight
« Reply #930 on: November 08, 2017, 10:32:55 am »
I could get you the stock launcher, but it is tied in with happychick and KOBox. Without those apps there are a bunch of holes in the launcher.

cons_lover

« Reply #931 on: November 08, 2017, 10:36:17 am »
hello

i have flashed Legacy_XD_14_NULLJOYSTICK.

I connected a microsd (usb adapter) with OTG cable.

The microsd is detected as USB archive from explorer app, but for example i cant select it as storage device from any application, like flud torrent client.

any help?

edit i can only accessthe micro sd  "storage/sdcard1" only if is unstalled in the device not via OTG-micro usb adapter
« Last Edit: November 08, 2017, 11:10:42 am by cons_lover »

skelton (OP)

« Reply #932 on: November 08, 2017, 12:32:34 pm »
Via usb it wil be detected as a flash drive,so the route will be different. sotrage/sdcard1 is for microSD directly. For external applications use in a usb, try with the folder mount or link2SD. Apps are always installed in internal like in any android device that use unified storage. Also, make sure your usb flash drive is formatted in fat, if it's in ntfs some apps may not be compatible with it.

That applies for legacyrom or stock, since storage is the same in all firmwares
Retired

cons_lover

« Reply #933 on: November 08, 2017, 01:56:46 pm »
ok, Via usb it wil be detected as a flash drive.

now, How can i use an app like "flud torrent client" and point the destination of the download to my flash drive?

is there any chance?

skelton (OP)

« Reply #934 on: November 08, 2017, 02:57:29 pm »
That depends on the app. I have never downloaded torrent to a flash drive, so I suppose it depends on the app
Retired

cons_lover

« Reply #935 on: November 08, 2017, 11:06:03 pm »
I fixed with "Paragon Root Manager", now i can also use NTS drive as storage. Awesome !

i have 2 question:

1 - Legacy_XD_14_NULLJOYSTICK has any type of overclock vs stock rom?

2 - Is safe to use 1.6 or 1.8 version, Is only speed related?

3 - Is normal that the wifi signal is not very strong? are there 2 walls from me and the router xD

skelton (OP)

« Reply #936 on: November 08, 2017, 11:08:08 pm »
I fixed with "Paragon Root Manager", now i can also use NTS drive as storage. Awesome !

i have 2 question:

1 - Legacy_XD_14_NULLJOYSTICK has any type of overclock vs stock rom?

2 - Is safe to use 1.6 or 1.8 version, Is only speed related?

3 - Is normal that the wifi signal is not very strong? are there 2 walls from me and the router xD

1 - Just ddr speed, but is practically like stock.
2- Completely safe.
3- That depends on how the wifi antenna is soldered. I had great wifi on mine. It's not firmware dependant anyway.
Retired

cons_lover

« Reply #937 on: November 09, 2017, 08:33:24 am »
hello

superSU request me for an update, i press TWRP (not Normal) and the device is on boot loop.

What's the solution? After refresh how to update supersu without this issue?

thanks

skelton (OP)

« Reply #938 on: November 09, 2017, 09:05:54 am »
Most probably you will need to reflash or install a custom recovery.

http://sectioneight.net/gpd-xd/tutorials/gpd-xd-installing-cwm

To update superSU just select normal option and not TWRP, like it's explained in first post.
Retired

PsyOps

• Section Eight
« Reply #939 on: November 09, 2017, 12:14:13 pm »
Have you installed any custom recovery?