Author Topic: [ROM] LegacyROM Kitkat for GPD XD  (Read 508639 times)

Smoker1

Re: [ROM] LegacyROM Kitkat for GPD XD
« Reply #900 on: August 15, 2017, 03:54:08 am »
Yeah, I am noticing some problems with Semi-Solutions:
Unable to Uninstall Apps or go into Security Settings: Remove MicroSD/TF Card prior to Powering On the Device. Somehow, that makes it work.......only thing is, you will get Crash Messages about the System Update has Stopped.

Transfer to Device via USB starts getting the Device to run hot: Once you establish USB Connection, turn off the Screen and only do a few Transfers at a time. Device will still get Warm, but if you Limit the Transfers with the Screen Off, it should be fine.

Issue: There are those times, when I am trying to access something in a Emulator or Game, and I get that Wheel coming up like it is a Screen Shortcut. Dont know if it is the SO Launcher or the new ROM that has this.
Also getting the Menu Slide from the Left where you can Clear the Memory is hard to get at now.

I have noticed that a Game I tried running on the Stock ROM that did not Display correctly now runs perfectly. Bejeweled Classic (AKA: Bejeweled 3) used to be Zoomed in on so you could not do anything with it. Now, it shows up perfectly and is Playable. Kind of the same thing with Bejeweled 2.

Just dont know why there is a Bluetooth Option when it does have BT. Would be nice.......but no.

skelton (OP)

« Reply #901 on: August 15, 2017, 09:40:51 am »
I have no problems Uninstalling apps or going to security settings.
That is not normal. Maybe your sdcard is not ok. To remove the system update message just enter system update app Android untick the options under settings in the app.
I never had any of the other issues you say.
The BT option helps with number of Play store apps available. But that's it.
Retired

VoLAN

« Reply #902 on: September 20, 2017, 05:57:51 am »
@skelton Hello, Skelton. I'm very happy using your LegacyROM , but I have a trouble with my GPD XD :
from time to time Task manager and Home buttons doesn't work! I need to restart device and sometimes it's help, sometimes no. And one strange thing: when this buttons not working, I hold Task Manager button and appears home screen settings (wallpapers, widgets etc). Holding Home buttons does no effect.
Please, help me. It's a software fault, so there must be answer.
THANK U!

Отправлено с моего iPhone используя Tapatalk
Dingoo a320
GPD XD
GPD XD+

PsyOps

• Section Eight
« Reply #903 on: September 20, 2017, 06:26:50 am »
I don't know if the problem is exclusive for Legacy Rom, but it seems to be a random problem and I don't know that there us a solution to it aside from reflashing it.

What site did you use to download and install Legacy Rom?

This is one of the threads about it: https://boards.dingoonity.org/gpd-android-devices/home-and-recent-disabled/msg168500/#msg168500

VoLAN

« Reply #904 on: September 20, 2017, 06:28:53 am »
I download it here, from 1 post. All works well, but sometimes those 2 buttons doesn't work.

Dingoo a320
GPD XD
GPD XD+

PsyOps

• Section Eight
« Reply #905 on: September 20, 2017, 06:31:25 am »
Yeh If you give that link a read you can kind of tell where they left off as far as how to fix. Do you have a lot on your gpd? You may want to reflash.

skelton (OP)

« Reply #906 on: September 20, 2017, 09:31:35 am »
I was never been able to reproduce that issue. Buttons and joysticks  software are similar to stock rom. It seems it only affecting a few people so i am not so sure that it's a rom problem, because everyone here would have that issue, and it seems only a few people have it. The rom is also discontinued so.....
« Last Edit: September 20, 2017, 09:37:25 am by skelton »
Retired

VoLAN

[ROM] LegacyROM Kitkat for GPD XD
« Reply #907 on: September 20, 2017, 05:12:50 pm »
@skelton @PsyOps I found why this happens! It happens when process KeyguardTestActivity started with system! But I can't stop or close it, it's a system process.
How to fix that problem?

When this process is on - buttons don't work.
When there is no this process - buttons work well.
« Last Edit: September 20, 2017, 06:40:01 pm by VoLAN »
Dingoo a320
GPD XD
GPD XD+

skelton (OP)

« Reply #908 on: September 20, 2017, 06:59:39 pm »
But keyguard is just for lockscreen. It shouldn't have to do with It. Also all Android firmware include that. Try with an app like disable service which is free on Play store, and it allow to stop services from running at boot.
Retired

VoLAN

« Reply #909 on: September 20, 2017, 07:33:31 pm »
But keyguard is just for lockscreen. It shouldn't have to do with It. Also all Android firmware include that. Try with an app like disable service which is free on Play store, and it allow to stop services from running at boot.

Yes, it's for lockscreen. But if you kill that process Home button will not work. As for recent button - I don't know. Recent button can work if I will use some virtual buttons app, but Home button - no.

Dingoo a320
GPD XD
GPD XD+

skelton (OP)

« Reply #910 on: September 20, 2017, 08:01:09 pm »
But that system process is in all Android firmware. Stock rom must have it Too. Also, as i said, It seems only happens to a few people ramdomly, so i don't think it's a firmware problem. Or It is in stock Too and happens ramdomly, but i never suffered that issue.
Retired

johannes

« Reply #911 on: September 20, 2017, 08:05:52 pm »
I suffered that issue using the offcial firmware that came with my device, but only happened from time to time and autofixed after a reboot. I currently use legacy and didn't happen no more, so perhaps is a common issue in all devices that occurs under certain circumstance.

VoLAN

[ROM] LegacyROM Kitkat for GPD XD
« Reply #912 on: September 23, 2017, 12:51:17 pm »
But that system process is in all Android firmware. Stock rom must have it Too. Also, as i said, It seems only happens to a few people ramdomly, so i don't think it's a firmware problem. Or It is in stock Too and happens ramdomly, but i never suffered that issue.
Sorry, I was wrong it's not keyguardTestActivity...
Trying to disable autostart's services to find solve of the problem. I hate that issue!
Dingoo a320
GPD XD
GPD XD+

jackal27

« Reply #913 on: September 26, 2017, 06:50:37 am »
Hey there! Just installed Legacyrom the other day and it certainly is better than the standard stuff that comes with the GPD XD! I'm having a few problems though.

It seems that I can't "currently running" screen accessed by hitting the menu button with the controller? Is it supposed to be like this? The screen I get by holding the menu button down also cannot be controlled via buttons either. It makes closing out of apps really difficult when playing through HDMI. Is this a Launcher3 issue?

Speaking of Launcher 3, I seem to have some weirdness controlling the home menu with the controller as well. I can't seem to get it to select the "all apps" button which can be frustrating. Are these just niggling issues present in LegacyROM or do I need to fix something?

Last one: Retroarch is keeping my GPD awake. I have no idea why. Even when I hit the lock button, the sound from which ever game I have loaded in Retroarch keeps playing and the game keeps running! Same for if I close my GPD. No other emulator does this. Is there something I'm missing in Retroarch to fix this? I've Googled it a ton, but no results.

EDIT: Weird. I just had MyBoy do the sleep mode thing to me as well although I now can't seem to replicate it. I don't think it's a hardware issue as the screen DOES shut off when I put it to sleep and seemingly goes to sleep whenever I close it without Retroarch open.
« Last Edit: September 26, 2017, 08:47:34 am by jackal27 »

skelton (OP)

« Reply #914 on: September 26, 2017, 07:44:43 pm »
Maybe is a launcher3 issue, I use the launcher3 from stock rom, so the behaviour should be the same as stock rom. I never used launcher3.

Buttons and keys are similar to stock rom.

About retroarch avoiding sleep, maybe is something with new retroarch, I never had those issues when I had my XD. Sleep mode is the same as stock rom too, so it should behave the same.
Retired

jackal27

« Reply #915 on: September 26, 2017, 09:33:03 pm »
Maybe is a launcher3 issue, I use the launcher3 from stock rom, so the behaviour should be the same as stock rom. I never used launcher3.

Buttons and keys are similar to stock rom.

About retroarch avoiding sleep, maybe is something with new retroarch, I never had those issues when I had my XD. Sleep mode is the same as stock rom too, so it should behave the same.

Thanks for the response! Any suggestions then? I'm planning to use another launcher instead of launcher3, but it appears that they still use the same "Running Apps" screen? Is there something that I can change to fix this since my device is now rooted? I don't have any experience with rooted devices personally so I'm not sure what's possible.

On Retroarch: Damn. Was really hoping you might have the answer. I guess the quest continues to figure out what the hell it's doing. If anyone else has any suggestions, I'll gladly listen.

PsyOps

• Section Eight
« Reply #916 on: September 26, 2017, 09:41:22 pm »
Well there are just some things that don't work with gamepad I think. There are shortcuts you can setup that pull down notification and status bar. You can't select with gamepad on that either. I am going to maybe install : https://forum.xda-developers.com/xposed/modules/mod-xposed-additions-t2294274 and see if that works or maybe look for more alternatives. Someone once commented about not wanting to touch the screen and control everything with gamepad, which I thought would be nice but never really considered the hmdi connection thing. Ith would be annoying to have to reach over to gpd every time you have to do whatever.

Let's see if we can find a solution hehe.

jackal27

« Reply #917 on: September 26, 2017, 10:48:01 pm »
Well there are just some things that don't work with gamepad I think. There are shortcuts you can setup that pull down notification and status bar. You can't select with gamepad on that either. I am going to maybe install : https://forum.xda-developers.com/xposed/modules/mod-xposed-additions-t2294274 and see if that works or maybe look for more alternatives. Someone once commented about not wanting to touch the screen and control everything with gamepad, which I thought would be nice but never really considered the hmdi connection thing. Ith would be annoying to have to reach over to gpd every time you have to do whatever.

Let's see if we can find a solution hehe.
Yes, exactly. Or in my case get up off the couch and walk over to the TV to touch the screen lol. I'm coming from my Nvidia Shield portable too where literally everything can be controlled with the gamepad and for what can't, you can use one of the analogue sticks as a mouse.

I want to keep poking around, because it it's possible there, it has to be possible here.
« Last Edit: September 26, 2017, 10:49:32 pm by jackal27 »

fabiospw

« Reply #918 on: September 27, 2017, 01:31:33 am »

how to uninstall this program to return the factory settings of gpd ... such as removing the "legacy Rom"

PsyOps

• Section Eight
« Reply #919 on: September 27, 2017, 02:36:54 am »
Use this guide if you want to take Legacy Rom off:
http://sectioneight.net/gpd-xd/tutorials/gpd-xd-how-install-roms-unbrick-method

I would not recommend it though. Legacy Rom is a nice rom.
But if you still want to take it off you should install: GPD XD (Stock Firmware) 3.4.2 - ( S8 Recommended )
From that link I gave you.

Is it because you want happychick and those programs?