Author Topic: [ROM] LegacyROM Kitkat for GPD XD  (Read 409920 times)

gpduser

Re: [ROM] LegacyROM Kitkat for GPD XD
« Reply #885 on: August 08, 2017, 11:28:07 am »
Ooh Ok cool. I was worried for a second. Thanks for the quick reply

Smoker1

« Reply #886 on: August 08, 2017, 10:37:56 pm »
Would you be able to Post the Null Joystick App? Thread has too many Pages to search through.

It comes with the rom, it's in the app called gamepad. Did you delete from the firmware.?

Here yot go in case you deleted.
https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B6JKf-QJv2KAUHoyTDJob3Bpbnc/view?usp=sharing

You have to copy in system/app and set permissions to 644 with a root explorer.

It's compatible with my rom, if you are using stock then null mode won't work unless you use 3.4.3 or later firmware

Well I used Method 2 to Update which allowed Root Access. I tried seeing if I could use the Method 1 for Updating, but it wont do it. I have it Labeled 'update.img' at the root of my MicroSD, but nothing comes up about Updating. What would be a good Root Explorer App?

skelton (OP)

« Reply #887 on: August 08, 2017, 10:54:18 pm »
I use root explorer, but esfile explorer has also root access.
If you have already the ROM installed, you should have that gamepad.apk with null joystick option in it, right? Or maybe I am misunderstanding something.....
Retired

Smoker1

« Reply #888 on: August 08, 2017, 11:01:22 pm »
If you have already the ROM installed, you should have that gamepad.apk with null joystick option in it, right? Or maybe I am misunderstanding something.....

I have the GamePad App, for the Method 2 I did, but it does not have the Null Joystick. Only XBox/PS3 and L&R Normal/Swap. Also for Method 2, now it takes my GPD XD a while to Boot. Sometimes I have to Force Shut Down then try again.

Edit: I got the App Installed and it now shows NULL Joystick Mode.......but when I Select it, the App freezes, and the Device Restarts.
« Last Edit: August 08, 2017, 11:08:23 pm by Smoker1 »

skelton (OP)

« Reply #889 on: August 08, 2017, 11:13:40 pm »

I have the GamePad App, for the Method 2 I did, but it does not have the Null Joystick. Only XBox/PS3 and L&R Normal/Swap. Also for Method 2, now it takes my GPD XD a while to Boot. Sometimes I have to Force Shut Down then try again.

Edit: I got the App Installed and it now shows NULL Joystick Mode.......but when I Select it, the App freezes, and the Device Restarts.
If you installed my ROM the null option should be there. If wasn't there is because you installed something different or the ROM wasn't installed correctly, because the gamepad APK I have provided you is the one that comes with the ROM. I suggest to do a fresh install using method 1 from PC. Or via sdcard using the update tablet app that comes with the ROM, select offline upgrade and select your update.img file. But it seems something is wrong with your device during the installation (because null mode should be there after installing my ROM) so I suggest a fresh install using method 1.
« Last Edit: August 08, 2017, 11:20:01 pm by skelton »
Retired

Smoker1

« Reply #890 on: August 08, 2017, 11:27:00 pm »
Cant find a Update App. The only Update I can find is in Settings/About tablet/System Updates , but it says it is Up to Date.

Edit: This is the one I used to Update to (Method 2)
https://drive.google.com/uc?id=0B6JKf-QJv2KAQmhXbTNQTE1OOGs&export=download
« Last Edit: August 08, 2017, 11:31:18 pm by Smoker1 »

PsyOps

• Section Eight
« Reply #891 on: August 08, 2017, 11:56:11 pm »
This guide is for reflashing the rom (Method 1) You will lose all data but it is the best method by far.

http://sectioneight.net/gpd-xd/tutorials/gpd-xd-how-install-roms-unbrick-method

Smoker1

« Reply #892 on: August 09, 2017, 12:55:25 am »
So best way to make it run faster and correctly with no issues is to just start from scratch. OK. Will see about it.

skelton (OP)

« Reply #893 on: August 09, 2017, 09:40:50 am »
Cant find a Update App. The only Update I can find is in Settings/About tablet/System Updates , but it says it is Up to Date.

Edit: This is the one I used to Update to (Method 2)
https://drive.google.com/uc?id=0B6JKf-QJv2KAQmhXbTNQTE1OOGs&export=download
You installed the very first versión which was a beta. In fact that link is no longer in first post. Download the correct one and you will need to reinstall using method 1 as psyops say. Just follow the guide he posted.
« Last Edit: August 09, 2017, 10:00:30 am by skelton »
Retired

Smoker1

« Reply #894 on: August 09, 2017, 07:21:44 pm »
Got it up and running, but when I try to access Security Settings, Settings Crashes on me. But NULL Joystick works :D .
Actually, I am wondering: How hard would it be to Emulate the MOGA Power A Controllers? Specifically, the A Mode not the B Mode (HID) ? Because for example, Asphalt 7: Heat will not work correctly for PS3 or XBox Mode. But on my other Devices, the Game works perfectly with the Moga Controllers. Not to mention, there are tons of other Games that will work perfectly with them.

skelton (OP)

« Reply #895 on: August 09, 2017, 07:43:41 pm »
There is no source code for moga mode A, so without source code..... They use propietary software. The mode B is just standard HID, at least in my moga pro.

Tincore has a mode M that supposedly emulates a MOGA, maybe you can try with it. Or gamepad helper I think it has the same option, not sure if it works. But it's more a problem of game developers giving support just for one gamepad instead of using generic HID. (probably because thet got money from Moga people). Fortunately most current games use standard hid controllers, and not many games depend on moga anymore.

Anyhow, if someone know to implement it, they can try . The kernel code is in my github in first post. I no longer have an XD and this rom is discontinued.
Retired

Smoker1

« Reply #896 on: August 09, 2017, 09:25:17 pm »
There is no source code for moga mode A, so without source code..... They use propietary software. The mode B is just standard HID, at least in my moga pro.

Tincore has a mode M that supposedly emulates a MOGA, maybe you can try with it. Or gamepad helper I think it has the same option, not sure if it works. But it's more a problem of game developers giving support just for one gamepad instead of using generic HID. (probably because thet got money from Moga people). Fortunately most current games use standard hid controllers, and not many games depend on moga anymore.

Anyhow, if someone know to implement it, they can try . The kernel code is in my github in first post. I no longer have an XD and this rom is discontinued.

Not sure if this would help, but here is A Source Code for Moga.
https://github.com/Zel-os/MogaSerial
Moga does have Developer Applications, so dont know if that would help also.
http://www.mogaanywhere.com/developers/

But yeah, it would be a good addition so the GPD GamePad can be used under that for better Compatibility. Hopefully someone can figure it out since the XD does not have Bluetooth :'(

skelton (OP)

« Reply #897 on: August 09, 2017, 09:40:53 pm »
That Code is for Windows It seems. For Direct input It seems.
Retired

Smoker1

« Reply #898 on: August 10, 2017, 01:33:12 am »
Well I found another Problem. I am trying to Delete a App, but then the System Restarts. Also, I am transferring over some Games and the Device is getting VERY hot. I got most of everything put in since I did a few Screen Shots before I Formatted. So hopefully it will cool down soon.

skelton (OP)

« Reply #899 on: August 10, 2017, 09:44:38 am »
That doesn't sound normal. Device should be a bit hotter than with stock firmware,.but not Too Hot. If you are transferring games vía pc device is also being charged, so that could be a reason. It should not restart after deleting an app, unless is a system app that is necessary.
« Last Edit: August 10, 2017, 09:51:45 am by skelton »
Retired

Post a new topic
Post a new topic