EDITED TO ORGANIZE INFO A LITTLE BIT. THIS ROM IS DISCONTINUED, THERE WON?T BE MORE UPDATES BECAUSE I CANNOT ACCESS NEWER SOURCE CODE AND I DON'T HAVE A XD ANYMORE, SO DON'T EXPECT FULL SUPPORT.
Downloads NULL JOYSTICK VERSION:
1,4 ghz:https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B6JKf-QJv2KAR253Z0VpaE1GWTg/view?usp=sharingVERSION WITH NEW MALI DRIVERS 1,8 ghz (have in mind uoyabause works worse with these drivers. so use it at your own risk): Check this: http://boards.dingoonity.org/gpd-devices/(rom)-legacyrom-kitkat-for-gpd-xd/msg142134/#msg142133https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B6JKf-QJv2KAUjJTUDRoV09rTjQ/view?usp=sharing
Mirror added by jumpup for newMALI version
File name: LegacyROM1.1XDnewMALI.rar
Size: 242,260,509 bytes
Link: http://bit.ly/legacyromv11_18ghzMirrors added by jumpup for NULL Version:
Legacy ROM (1.8GHz Edition)
Size: 264,569,796 bytes
Legacy ROM (1.6GHz Edition)
Size: 264,569,778 bytes
Legacy ROM (1.4GHz Edition)
Size: 264,569,825 bytes
As some of you may know, I am having some heavy health issues for a while, that keep me a bit away for development. anyhow, I wantes to create this firmware with the purpose of making a clean AOSP firmware, with no apps, no warez, no hapychick or metro launcher, and with the possibility of overlcock and a few other tweaks. I don't think GPD improves pretty much the kitkat firmware since we are working in a Android M update, so consider this the final Kitkat firmwareScreenshots: Features:
- Hybrid between pure AOSP using google, plus some stuff needed from RK SDK and latest stock firmware (mapper or gamepad apk)
- Fully rooted with superSU- (App will be updated via google play and ask to update binaries, just update it using normal in superSU, no risk at all)
- Better Google Play compatibilty with some apps (device spoofed to a Nexus 5).
- Init.d support (place scripts youu want under ystem/etc/init.d.
- Launcher3 is the only launcher included.
- MicroSd can also be accessed from storage/sdcard1 together with mnt/external_sd as before.
- Some tweaks for WIFI streaming and better signal (those having very poor signal will still have it I am afraid, since most ptobably is a hard issue with the antenna in your device)
- CIFS/NFS (untested) Try with this patched version of cifsmanager to see if it works. I don't use CIFs so it's untested by mehttp://forum.xda-developers.com/showpost.php?p=53760495&postcount=537- Custom kernel made from scracth with following features:
- DDR Overclocked from 360 to 456 mhz.
- SELinux set to permissive.
- Overclock until 1,8 ghz (depending on the version installed). ROM comes in three versions according to your needs(1,4, 1,6 o 1,8 ghz).
- Added new CPU governor (ragingmolasses). Very conservative governor for not demading apps All other governors from stock kernel are included too and interactive is still the default one.
- You can change trigger button position like in latest stock firmware with gamepad app
Changes added in NULL version:
- Inclusion to use new null joystick driver, That helps with apps that doesn't have good controller support, like horizon chase, or according to some people, RR3 or fifa games. Just select it with the gamepad application (the one you use to change between xbox and ps3 modes).
- readded the rockchip update service and OTA applications, so future updates will be installed easily as before. (unless next update will be marshamllow that probably will require Batchtool I am afraid)General TIPS:
A very recommeded app is disable service, that allow you to disable services you don't need to save ram.
For some emus like Reicast , PPSSPP and specially uoyabause eCPU in performance mode is recommended for certain games). Also for Reicast o nintendo64 is advisable to use latest builds or nightlies.. To change CPU mode you can use a cpu app like SetCPU, NoFrills, 3c CPU Manager, Kernel Adiutor....
To move obb data from games to microSD, I suggest FolderMount.
The app gamepad has some bug with certain languages and can show mode PSP or Android. If that's the case PSP is the same as PS3 and Android to XBOX.
Overclock improves device speed, but battery life will be a bit worse. It's up to you. The RK3288 SoC is a mid-range 32 bits, so don't expect miracles using OC. An example with geekbench 3 (reliable benchmark)
Method 1 (sugessted though it makes a full erase of the device):
Install RK drivers included and open BatchTool, and choose the img file you want to install. With the GPD powered off press volumen + and connect it to PC. BatchTool should recognize device and show a green box. choose Restore and waut until process finished. Then power on device and wait till<process finshes . If you are using win 8.1, win10 or usb 3.0 ports try this method if device is not recognized:http://chinagadgetsreviews.blogspot.com.es/2014/06/how-to-easily-install-rockchip-rockusb.html
If your device is not detected after installing drivers, In folder with RKBatchTool there file config.ini
Open config.ini, find string
Method 2 (less suggested though it seems it works).
Rename the Legacy file to update.img. Place it in root of internal or external memory. If you notice something weird using this method a factory reset is recommended or reinstall using method 1.Download:
Downloads NULL JOYSTICK VERSION:
Greetings: To GPD and Deen0X for testing
If someone wants to buy me a beer you can invite me to my paypal https://www.paypal.com/cgi-bin/webscr?cmd=_donations&business=skelton25%40gmail%2ecom&lc=ES¤cy_code=EUR&bn=PP%2dDonationsBF%3abtn_donateCC_LG%2egif%3aNonHosted