THIS ROM IS DISCONTINUED. i DON'T HAVE A Q9 ANYMORE AND I HAVE DECIDED TO RETIRE FROM ANDROID DEVELOPMENT, SO DON'T EXPECT UPDATESv 2.0 is just a minor update: Changelog:
- Device spoofed as a Nexus 5 to increase goggle compatiblity.
- Free of bloatware. Only emus included are mame4droid 0.139 and fba4droid.
- Added new wifi drivers, and updated to latest RK SDK source.
- Included several joystick modes, like in GPd XD (Ps3 mode, XBOX and NULL). PS3 is more compatoible wih emulators (retroarch), but apparently some android games work better in xbox mode. NULL mode disables joystick detection so games with controls issues like horizon chase or Exiles Zero can be used wirth GPd Mapper. You can use Gaempad app included to select between modes. Also, you can change triggers l1 for l2 and r1 for r2.
- Data partition increased to 6 Gb. Internal SD is now about 7 GB so selecting microSD as main memory is recommended.
- Selinux set to permissive in kernel.
- mnt/external_sd symliked to storage/sdcard1, so you can access external SD from both paths.
- Some other minor tweaks to speed up a little bit the device.SCREENSHOTS:
The firmware come in two versions, 1,6 ghz max and 1,8 ghz. Be careful with 1,8 ghz, it may be unstable on yours, in my q9psv 1,8 ghz is a bit unstable but however it was stable in my old standard q9. Make sure you download the firmware according to your device.
This method is mandatory because of the partition changes. You cannot update the rom via microSD.
Install RK drivers included and open BatchTool, and choose the img file you want to install. With the GPD powered off press volumen + and connect it to PC. BatchTool should recognize device and show a green box. choose Restore and waut until process finished. Then power on device and wait till<process finshes . If you are using win 8.1, win10 or usb 3.0 ports try this method if device is not recognized:http://talk.radxa.com/topic/1026/solution-rk-batchtool-problem-with-64bit-windows-8-1-usb3/4
Once firmware is installed, superSU will ask you to update binaries. Just select normal option in superSU and ready to go.DOWNLOADS:
Q9PSV 1,6 ghz: https://mega.nz/#!YoAQWRTD!2EpocVrt0Cb_w-8kcKYV65WI44XQSvWpp7IswVEHYAc
Q9PSV 1,8 ghz: https://mega.nz/#!Bk5wiJZa!akRejXKXeCi1bMVFYQXBJKK-rjwb8tMpHRzpezs64Tc
q9 standard 1, 6 ghz; https://mega.nz/#!l1JgmQyS!MwPUIYuOanW_UmNkjA7LCcT7OLLKr9q4YL1AhFYDWOg
q9 standard 1,8 ghz: https://mega.nz/#!Mko1nJSQ!O248G6z2aDJVKQne89yb65xOyFTm0MPdY6efuEWRoeA
Thanks to weej for testing the q9 standard version.
If someone wants to buy me a beer you can invite me to my paypal https://www.paypal.com/cgi-bin/webscr?cmd=_donations&business=skelton25%40gmail%2ecom&lc=ES¤cy_code=EUR&bn=PP%2dDonationsBF%3abtn_donateCC_LG%2egif%3aNonHosted