I thought L2 and R2 were actually digital on the G5A?
If we're making wish lists...
- Nintendo-like d-pad (SNES, DS, Gamecube, Wii, Wii U...all great d-pads).
- Analog L2/R2, in a lower position (they feel weirdly high, and at the wrong angle).
- IPS screen (I'm happy with the resolution...just beef up the colours, contrast, brightness, and viewing angles).
- No ridiculous branding! Just a plain device, with no text on it!
- More buttons (home, back, etc) so we can get rid of the system bar permanently.
- More traditional button labels (A,B,X,Y...not 1,2,3,4)
- More RAM...just because
ips screen, yes, may be a very good improvement, but is not really necessary if the device cost increase so much.
label buttons, in my opinion may be any label that manufacturer want to put, while the driver act as joystick, for me is ok if the names are abcd, 1234, ka tchi tsu ke no, dog cat house mountain peter, etc.
Check the Much device. their 4 face buttons are mountain, sun, river and moon (i think are these 4), but is non important really. The most important in any way is that system report as standard control button
more ram, yes, will be fine, but only if the device cost will not increase so much.
i think the most important improvement for now "for this model" are the following:
- D-PAD noise reduction. Adding a soft border that absorb the impact when the dpad is released, and with this, eliminate the "clack" noise
- Add bluetooth. one of the most important improvement, in my opinion. This allow to use bluetooth headphones, uses tethering with phone (bluetooth is less comsumption power than wifi thetering), and use bluetooth controllers, to allow to play with the device connected to TV.
- Add a hard cover for the device to protect sticks. I think if the device come with a removable hard cover that you can plug on the device when youīre not using, will solve most transportation problems. Mine device broked their right stick, R3 and R2 button, because an accident (is in my back pack and this fall down, and the device receive the worst part of the impact). I think if the device come with a hard cover may be guard about this.
time ago i used an hercules dj control mp3 deck, that come with a hard cover that you can remove and plug in the back side, working as support for the deck.
I think , may be a good idea to release something that have the same idea but aplying to GPD-G5A