Author Topic: [New] GPD Q9 RK3288 Gamepad VS JXD S7800B, Which one do you like best?  (Read 29921 times)

joshwaan

Re: [New] GPD Q9 RK3288 Gamepad VS JXD S7800B, Which one do you like best?
« Reply #20 on: April 12, 2015, 09:26:32 am »
Thanks for that :)

Is the device light I cannot find how much it weighs? get it

I reackon I'll buy one later tonight and get it shipped EMS to Australia.

skelton

« Reply #21 on: April 12, 2015, 09:47:14 am »
I don't know, I don't have one. If it's like q89 then I suppose is not too heavy
Retired

nielo360

« Reply #22 on: April 12, 2015, 01:00:43 pm »
My unit should be here by tomorrow evening (baring customs issues), ill post all my impressions and answer any questions I can before I review it for potential buyers. Judging from all the videos over youku, this device is best suited for people who liked the Q88+Q89 series. Those who found the lack of a grip or analog sticks a deal breaker I doubt this will change that, I dont see anything new in emulation speed with this chipset either, but the new gpu will be a boost for android games.

The things Id look for is stereo speakers

5ghz wifi

heating issues with regards to oc

skelton

« Reply #23 on: April 12, 2015, 01:42:25 pm »
5 ghz wifi? I am not sure about that, but I don't remember reading that it has 5 ghz wifi.
Retired

nielo360

« Reply #24 on: April 12, 2015, 02:01:58 pm »
5 ghz wifi? I am not sure about that, but I don't remember reading that it has 5 ghz wifi.

My bad, i assumed wireless N would work in 5ghz this time as well

joshwaan

« Reply #25 on: April 12, 2015, 11:47:20 pm »
I don't know, I don't have one. If it's like q89 then I suppose is not too heavy

Np at all thanks for answering a few of my questions :)

Ive gone ahead an ordered one to also provide some details about the unit got DHL express to Australia :)

Melquiades

« Reply #26 on: April 13, 2015, 07:52:23 am »
I placed an order to Geekbuying on April the 1st for a Q9. Two weeks after and the tracking number provided still does not work. I have already contacted the aftersales service and been told to wait two days more... that was 4 days ago.

I see that this item is now cheaper in many stores, I am starting to wonder if they have sent the item at all. I was wondering if other people that have placed Q9 orders with them has the same problem. Maybe they are waiting for stock or something and they have not sent the items at all.

I think it is outrageous to pay 20$ more than people that have purchased the item in the same store one or two weeks after, to get the item shipped on the same date. This is a the kind of bullcrap that a Western store would never do  and that Chinese stores do all over again. I stopped using DX and Willgoo because of things like this, I just don?t understand that a big store that wants to stay in business alienates its customers like a fishy ebayer. I hope GB fixes these things because otherwise is a great store, cheap and protects packages probably better than anybody.

vcoleiro1

« Reply #27 on: April 13, 2015, 09:01:27 am »
I placed an order to Geekbuying on April the 1st for a Q9. Two weeks after and the tracking number provided still does not work. I have already contacted the aftersales service and been told to wait two days more... that was 4 days ago.

I see that this item is now cheaper in many stores, I am starting to wonder if they have sent the item at all. I was wondering if other people that have placed Q9 orders with them has the same problem. Maybe they are waiting for stock or something and they have not sent the items at all.

I think it is outrageous to pay 20$ more than people that have purchased the item in the same store one or two weeks after, to get the item shipped on the same date. This is a the kind of bullcrap that a Western store would never do  and that Chinese stores do all over again. I stopped using DX and Willgoo because of things like this, I just don?t understand that a big store that wants to stay in business alienates its customers like a fishy ebayer. I hope GB fixes these things because otherwise is a great store, cheap and protects packages probably better than anybody.

Sorry to hear about your order with GB.  Hopefully it will be sorted soon. 

Can I ask where you have seen it cheaper?. GB at $129.99 is the cheapest I've found so far.

Chris23235

« Reply #28 on: April 13, 2015, 09:50:41 am »

RK3288 is about 38000-40000 on Antutu, depending on how optimized firmware is or the version of Antutu used. But for PSX an old RK3188 is more than enough. RK3288 is a not big step in emulaton anyway the main or biggest difference is in therms of GPU or android games.

No problem when you emulate the PSX in its original resolution, here the JXD7800b is more or less running everything in fullspeed, but once you start to bump the internal resolution up, a better GPU comes in handy, because the emulator uses the GPU (OpenGL).

skelton

« Reply #29 on: April 13, 2015, 09:58:30 am »
Well, I personally never use OpenGL for PSX emulation, because it's very glitchy and games look a lot differently from the way they were designed, so not a problem for me. OpenGL in PSX is slow and glitchy even in devices like nvidia shield, so I wouldn't expect too much.
Retired

Vinc3Has3

• The Not Sane For Work Podcast
« Reply #30 on: April 13, 2015, 12:33:33 pm »
Well, I personally never use OpenGL for PSX emulation, because it's very glitchy and games look a lot differently from the way they were designed, so not a problem for me. OpenGL in PSX is slow and glitchy even in devices like nvidia shield, so I wouldn't expect too much.

I've never found Open GL worthwhile on PSone. Even ignoring the glitches, like menus disappearing, the base resolution of the PSone is way too low: You get sharp cars/characters and the same low-resolution bit-mapped background. It's jarring. I like the FXAA filtering on epsxe - doesn't tax the CPU much at all, and everything looks a bit cleaner. You definitely have to match the filters to the resolution: I understand wanting to make things look nicer with newer generations of equipment and computing horsepower, but you can't get what simply isn't there in the first place.

Sorry to continue the slide off-topic...  ;D

Chris23235

« Reply #31 on: April 13, 2015, 01:51:15 pm »
Depends on the game in my opinion, titles like Raystorm, Raycrisis, Xevious 3DG, R-Type Delta or the Gran Turismo games greatly benefit from running at a higher resolution and the additional texture filtering that comes with Open GL at no cost.

Melquiades

« Reply #32 on: April 13, 2015, 01:51:33 pm »
In case somebody is having the same problem. After nagging geekbuying by mail I see the package was actually delivered to Singapore Post, 5 minutes before they answered (two weeks after the order). So, I suppose if you have the problem you have to nag them and "mention" paypal...

weej

« Reply #33 on: April 13, 2015, 02:54:32 pm »
Can I ask where you have seen it cheaper?. GB at $129.99 is the cheapest I've found so far.

been lurking on this thread but had to pop up to answer this, vcoleiro1 on Aliexpress its right now going between $119~$128 (with additional 16GB card)

vcoleiro1

« Reply #34 on: April 13, 2015, 02:58:01 pm »

been lurking on this thread but had to pop up to answer this, vcoleiro1 on Aliexpress its right now going between $119~$128 (with additional 16GB card)

Thanks for that.  Much appreciated

wrc1010

1) I plan to buy 7 inch gamepad and like to know which is better, GPD Q9 or JXD S7800B?

2) Does GPD Q9 or JXD S7800B come with rooted because i like to move all those big data game to sd card?
« Last Edit: May 16, 2015, 02:36:12 pm by wrc1010 »

PlasmaStar

1) I plan to buy 7 inch gamepad and like to know which is better, GPD Q9 or JXD S7800B?

2) Does GPD Q9 or JXD S7800B come with rooted because i like to move all those big data game to sd card?

I think most emulation devices are rooted. Just makes things easier.

wrc1010

JXD S7800B have been in the market for a while and i have check it on the youtube and look like it can be play almost any android and emulator game without any problem.

GPD Q9 is still new in the market and i wonder will the performance better then JXD S7800B and will it also play almost any android and emulator game?

PlasmaStar

JXD S7800B have been in the market for a while and i have check it on the youtube and look like it can be play almost any android and emulator game without any problem.

GPD Q9 is still new in the market and i wonder will the performance better then JXD S7800B and will it also play almost any android and emulator game?

The specs in the Q9 is slightly higher. I've looked at reviews for both and they seem to showcase and boast about running pretty much the same thing. I ordered my Q9 for emulation, the fancy Android games are just going to be a bonus for me.

cybermat

They are different. At the moment Q9 is the best solution (and maybe the only one) if you don't want to spend a lot.
I read several reviews about this console and it has a lot of problems (overheating, bad analog sticks, general instability, the usual not optimized firmware) so i decided to not buy this product.
RK3288 is a good SOC, i'm sure that JXD will implement this on JXDwhatyouwant, my concerns are about heating...i'm not sure if this SOC is designed for compact 7 inches handheld consoles.

I found out there are a lot of 9.7 tablets with this SOC with interesting features, so i'll probably pair a tablet like these with IPEGA 9023 controller (deadzone issue is the only one defect that i would like to see fixed in a "rev3" version)

Under 200 dollars/euros is the only acceptable solution (in my humble opinion).