• HomeBoards
  • RulesRules
  • HelpHelp
  • WikiWiki
  • Donate

Author Topic: [New] GPD Q9 RK3288 Gamepad VS JXD S7800B, Which one do you like best?  (Read 31054 times)

Geekbuying (OP)

• * Confirmed Reseller
    • GeekBuying
New gamepad for game fans. GPD Q9 RK3288 Android 4.4 7 inch Gamepad is online in GeekBuying.

Here is the promotion for GPD Q9:
Coupon: GPDQ97
Final Price: $129.99
Link: http://bit.ly/1xxNtYu

It looks similar with JXD S7800B. Let's see what's differences between them.

Highlights of GPD Q9

• Android 4.4 OS
    7 inch 1024*600 IPS capacitive touch screen
    Rockchip RK3288 Quad Core 1.8GHz
    Mali-T764 GPU, fully compatible with APK, 3D games
    2GB DDR3 RAM and 16GB NAND FLASH ROM
    Support HD 3D (1024*600) android APK 3D games
    Flash 11 and Flash online games
    Support full screen touch games, gravity sensor direction games, web multi-player games
    Support NGE&SGM format patent games and 8bit NES/FC, GB, GBC; 16bit SMC, SMD, SFC/SNES; 32bit GBA, MAME; 64bit N64 and SONY PS games

How do you think of it? Feel free to let me know.

iPega PG-9500, iPega PG-9700, JXD S7800B,GPD G7,GPD G5A,MUCH I5 all in stock!

procyon

I'm not sure what the point of trying to compare the two devices are; one is extremely well tested in the wild while the other is still a virtual unknown. 

That being said, I am considering replacing my 7800B with the Q9.  I'd feel better if there was a proven ROM developer working on something custom to replace to stock firmware because I'm sure I'm not going to like what it comes installed with.

Are you saying you have them in stock?  How come above you claim the price is $129.99, while on the site it says $136.99?

stpat

How come above you claim the price is $129.99, while on the site it says $136.99?

He provided a coupon code in his original post.

procyon

Oh duh... sorry, I missed that.  Thank you.

procyon

Argh... I want to pull the trigger on this so badly... I just don't want to get burned as an early adopter.  Is anyone else planning on picking one of these up for a review?  Deen0X, I'm looking at you...

logseman

Argh... I want to pull the trigger on this so badly... I just don't want to get burned as an early adopter.  Is anyone else planning on picking one of these up for a review?  Deen0X, I'm looking at you...
If you're about to pull the trigger, why don't you do it and make your own review? I can say it feels very good when you're putting effort in giving back to the community.

Deen0X

i'm depending on the manufacturer send me samples for review.

i'm waiting too for one.
« Last Edit: April 09, 2015, 01:16:05 pm by Deen0X »

Vinc3Has3

• The Not Sane For Work Podcast
Like GPD. They seem to truly want to create a nice, dependable product (within the limitations of producing something relatively inexpensive), and are open with the gaming community. JXD, not so much. My original 7800 bought the farm after only a month or so, and despite the nice design, was "creaky". My G7, while rather hollow (they never put the Vibration motors in the handles), feels solid. Chalk this one up for GPD.

Hate those little PSP and Vita-style joystick "nibs". Much prefer the joysticks on the G5 and G7, or the mini sticks of the 7800. I think most of the community agrees on that one - making the Q9 great for older system emulation (NES, SNES, etc) not so hot for newer systems like PSone, PSP, or current Android 3d gaming. Chalk this one up for the JXD.

Which leaves me torn, and hoping for something else to show up. I would, of course, like a unit with newer specs, but if my G7 had a better screen, like the Q9 and 7800, I would be REALLY happy.

EDIT: BTW, you really shouldn't offer the Bluetooth 3.0 keyboard as an add-on item, considering the G9 has no Bluetooth capabilities (unless the keyboard also has a wifi connection).
« Last Edit: April 05, 2015, 12:52:00 pm by Vinc3Has3 »

procyon

Well, I couldn't put it off anymore.  I bought one.  I know a few others on the forums have as well.  Will report my findings whenever it arrives.  I chose the DHL shipping.  Supposedly 3-5 days according to the checkout page.  Realistically I don't expect to receive the pad until Monday.

stpat

Well, I couldn't put it off anymore.  I bought one.  I know a few others on the forums have as well.  Will report my findings whenever it arrives.  I chose the DHL shipping.  Supposedly 3-5 days according to the checkout page.  Realistically I don't expect to receive the pad until Monday.

Excellent, looking forward to hearing your thoughts/review!

Chris23235

Re: [New] GPD Q9 RK3288 Gamepad VS JXD S7800B, Which one do you like best?
« Reply #10 on: April 10, 2015, 11:42:28 am »
I am looking forward to this device, I like my 7800B but I would love to have a little bit more CPU/GPU power, e.g. for a better emulation of the PSX or the PSP. I will wait for some benchmarks on the RK3288 chip, so far I haven't seen a comparsion benchmark of the RK3188 and the RK3288.

Skelton-retired

« Reply #11 on: April 10, 2015, 12:03:54 pm »

RK3288 is about 38000-40000 on Antutu, depending on how optimized firmware is or the version of Antutu used. But for PSX an old RK3188 is more than enough. RK3288 is a not big step in emulaton anyway the main or biggest difference is in therms of GPU or android games.
Retired

Deen0X

« Reply #12 on: April 10, 2015, 02:02:41 pm »
Considering that JXD have screen refresh rate isue (not 60Hz), this is an important point for comparing with any other device, in emulation speaking, but (as i know) with their last firmware they solved this problem, and emulation must be pretty much similar on this device (RK3188) or Q9 (RK3288).

As Skelton mentioned, the most important difference will be on android gaming, where gameplay must be smoothest than RK3188

leafar

« Reply #13 on: April 11, 2015, 05:48:48 pm »
Definitively I will chose rk3288,because next generation in this kind of devices in hardware, simple.
If you want run smoothly, you don't want a two year old device I mean the SOC and kit kat OS custom ROM,no stock ROM and the new SOC 55% in performance and lollipop, with feature as a tablet.
I want to buy this device,but I will pass,two reason; screen resolution and no Bluetooth.

Skelton-retired

« Reply #14 on: April 11, 2015, 06:41:39 pm »
By the way, something that many people may don't know, but RK3288 devices, even though they claim 1,8 ghz max, they run indeed at 1,6 ghz by default, even though the kernel report 1,8 ghz. That happens in all tvboxes and tablets RK3288, unless it's modified via source code, which can be done quite easily. In Tvboxes is pretty easy to put device at 2,0 ghz with GPU overclocked (with a good DC supply and heatsink of course). In tablets probably it's not a good idea
Retired

nielo360

« Reply #15 on: April 12, 2015, 02:51:27 am »
By the way, something that many people may don't know, but RK3288 devices, even though they claim 1,8 ghz max, they run indeed at 1,6 ghz by default, even though the kernel report 1,8 ghz. That happens in all tvboxes and tablets RK3288, unless it's modified via source code, which can be done quite easily. In Tvboxes is pretty easy to put device at 2,0 ghz with GPU overclocked (with a good DC supply and heatsink of course). In tablets probably it's not a good idea
This is quiet disapointing im expecting mine this week, i picked it over the much w1 due to mtk chipset. Hopefully it can oc to 1.8 without issues. G7 oc to 1.6 worked well for us so fingers crossed.

retrodoodoo

• * Confirmed Reseller
« Reply #16 on: April 12, 2015, 03:57:37 am »
Check the testing result by Antutu as below:

Skelton-retired

« Reply #17 on: April 12, 2015, 09:02:35 am »
This is quiet disapointing im expecting mine this week, i picked it over the much w1 due to mtk chipset. Hopefully it can oc to 1.8 without issues. G7 oc to 1.6 worked well for us so fingers crossed.

You won't notice much difference between 1,6 and 1,8 ghz. In tvboxes is stable and can be overclocked even without source code, but in tablets source code is needed because kernels are a bit different. No idea if overclock is stable on tablets or not, but unless device has a heatsink I doubt it will be stable. Also, I don't know if GPD is releasing code this time or not, I suppose it depends if there are devs interested or not in the device.
Retired

joshwaan

« Reply #18 on: April 12, 2015, 09:04:03 am »
Hey Guys

I'm planning on buying one of these units would the IPS screen be ok screen look sharp at 7"

Do you think the RK3288 will run n64 games with higher res ok?

Lastly what site do I go to for future updates for the product?

Cheers

Josh

Skelton-retired

« Reply #19 on: April 12, 2015, 09:14:49 am »
n64 emulation is not perfect even in most powerful devices, so I suppose it will depend on the game.

For updates I suppose you mean firmware updates check this page:

http://pan.baidu.com/share/home?uk=389368662#category/type=0
Retired

Post a new topic
Post a new topic