Well, some people has been reporting than using legacy and stock roms there are some random issues with L2 buttons and stick and the last version of epsxe, I have decided to make a quick guide in how to setup all buttons and analogs in a proper way, so you'll see that everything works fine, no issues at all.
First, go to Player 1 and select te following:
- Pad Type PSX: Dualshock (if you want analogs, some games are digital only so change to digital in games that need it)
- Select gamepad: Tincore-joy or "Playstation 3" if you are using stock.
- Player 1 map buttons: Here just map your buttons manually as you do in any emulator.
- Player 1 map axis: Here we configure our analogs, so select the following:
- Left Stick X: Axis X
- Left stick Y: Axis Y
- Right Stick X: Axis Z
- Right Stick Y: Axis RZ
- L2 Trigger: Axis_Ltrigger
- R2 Trigger: Axis_RTrigger
And you are done, everything is set up to use both analogs and buttons properly.
If you still have some doubts I explain it too in the following video: