Author Topic: [EXPERIMENTAL] Android 7.1 for GPD XD  (Read 75364 times)

Radioboy86

Re: [EXPERIMENTAL] Android 7.1 for GPD XD
« Reply #120 on: September 15, 2019, 12:47:28 pm »
Hey what are those files? Thanks BTW. I spent hours trying to edit that ROM but I have no idea what I am doing. Not as easy as I assumed. I thought I could just edit the txt values and de-compiling and rebuilding would be easy as pie!

Radioboy86

« Reply #121 on: September 15, 2019, 12:55:32 pm »
http://sectioneight.net/s8files/temp/gpd-xd-gms.zip
http://sectioneight.net/s8files/temp/GPDXD-Experimental-Droid7.1-v04.zip

Okay so I see one is the Google framework. How can I install this friend? Do I need Linux or can I use a Windows GUI tool?
« Last Edit: September 15, 2019, 01:00:25 pm by Radioboy86 »

Radioboy86

« Reply #122 on: September 15, 2019, 12:59:08 pm »
I noticed that REV04 has no sound on my XD, and REV03 does have sound. That is so odd... Are the files named wrong? This ROM deff is confusing, still thanks for the help. I really wish we could smooth out the edges and offer this to folks with a normal RK3288 XD. So much of a pain.

Yeah just checked again, the sound is broken on that REV04 IMG ROM, so odd... Do you guys have that issue too?

Radioboy86

« Reply #123 on: September 16, 2019, 05:53:36 am »
Could someone please tell me if there is anyway of controlling CPU gov and speed without making/editing a new rom? The ROOT on this ROM is not giving me permissions too, so all the apps looking for ROOT cannot find the SU/# root that is installed on the ROM. I tried KingoRoot and it's ROOT tool worked, but the ROOT access is removed on a reboot.

I would also like to know how I can install GoogleApps.zip with the .sh installer. I tried some tools in Android for installing .sh scripts but none worked. Is there a recovery ROM that works with his ROM? The ones I tried have a glitched menu and do not mount things correctly. I know I need to flash Open GApps in a zip with the recovery menu right? I would be so grateful for any help you have man.

I would be thrilled if I could just do these things to the ROM...

- Add Goggle Play and framework for 7.1
- Fix the semi-working root permissions for apps asking for SU/# access...
- Control the CPU governor to access "performance"

I now have given up on recompiling a ROM with CPU freq set at 1.8GHz. I did not realize he made this ROM with confidential resources/SDK tools supplied by Rockchip and designed for dev-work on the XD RK3288...
« Last Edit: September 16, 2019, 05:55:50 am by Radioboy86 »

Radioboy86

« Reply #124 on: September 16, 2019, 06:20:09 am »
FWIW the firmware is already rooted, you just need to call adb root
So with adb remount, you should be able to install a SU in /system

Need someone to explain this to me. I want to do this for the ROM. Clueless AF.

Radioboy86

« Reply #125 on: September 16, 2019, 06:22:46 am »
So...I tired installing SuperSU. Kept getting bootloops. If anyone edit the batch file and look at the section I have commented out, that's where the problem is.

logcat: https://drive.google.com/open?id=0B_PWaYbCn_Ped2dueXFWMDVxVzA

I did get it to work eventually, and both flashfire and xposed works.
However, in some cases you may lose root access and you have to run the script with adb debugging.
A FACTORY RESET IS NOT NEEDED
DO NOT UPDATE THE BINARY IT WILL CAUSE BOOTLOOPS

The link is here (windows only): https://drive.google.com/open?id=0B_PWaYbCn_PebEZ2VkxVUFpGX0U

Google Play Store can be flashed after this with flashfire for someone without a linux machine

If someone can figure out something I didn't notice to implement SuperSU fully please let me know  ;)

Anyone have these links still?

Radioboy86

« Reply #126 on: September 16, 2019, 06:32:59 pm »
https://drive.google.com/open?id=0B_PWaYbCn_PebEZ2VkxVUFpGX0U

SuperSU-v2.46-XD.rar

That is the file I need, Google link is dead
« Last Edit: September 16, 2019, 06:36:50 pm by Radioboy86 »

Radioboy86

« Reply #127 on: September 19, 2019, 08:42:20 am »
Thanks man. I will try that. At this point I am done trying to fix the ROM, I mean it was closed source. I had no idea until I read this whole thread lol. Thanks for the help through.

onthebridge

« Reply #128 on: September 19, 2019, 02:12:21 pm »
Thanks man. I will try that. At this point I am done trying to fix the ROM, I mean it was closed source. I had no idea until I read this whole thread lol. Thanks for the help through.
Have you tried contacting the original developer? He is quite active on xda forums

Enviado desde mi MI 8 SE mediante Tapatalk

Radioboy86

« Reply #129 on: September 19, 2019, 09:43:06 pm »
I did try contacting him, Skelton and Black Seraph did too. Hell at least I tried lol. Just let me know if you guys find out more too. I would love for this lil ROM to be polished and fixed up to perfection too!

elemile

« Reply #130 on: September 20, 2019, 02:16:30 pm »

Thank you very much for reviving this. I'm also very willing to patreon a project to get this done. Could you provide videos of the current sate of the ROM and its advantages? Say, how Vulkan works on PPSSPP (if at all) with demanding games like GoW; or running streaming programs not compatible with original XD, like Parsec.
« Last Edit: September 20, 2019, 02:19:39 pm by elemile »
xϵ{0,1} ; 0x = 0 ; 1x = x ; x? = x ; x(1-x) = 0 ; x+(1-x) = 1

Nootboot64

« Reply #131 on: September 22, 2019, 11:12:52 pm »
My reason for wanting this (however unfeasible) is to squeeze some extra fps outta dolphin. If a 7.1 rom could help me do this (which it probably will, with dolphin 5.0 rather than 4.0) then I'll throw as much money as I have at it.

tiagao_extremo

« Reply #132 on: September 23, 2019, 11:38:39 pm »
My reason for wanting this (however unfeasible) is to squeeze some extra fps outta dolphin. If a 7.1 rom could help me do this (which it probably will, with dolphin 5.0 rather than 4.0) then I'll throw as much money as I have at it.

Dolphin doesn't seems to be possible for the original XD, even with nougat. If you want better gamecube emulation, but far from perfect, you would need the XD Plus. The main reason for a nougat rom for the original XD would be the latest yaba sanshiro versions, since right now the original xd runs the sega saturn emulator better than the plus. Also for the vulkan api and being able to play a few more games which requires a new android version and that's it.

Nootboot64

« Reply #133 on: September 24, 2019, 12:07:31 am »

Dolphin doesn't seems to be possible for the original XD, even with nougat. If you want better gamecube emulation, but far from perfect, you would need the XD Plus. The main reason for a nougat rom for the original XD would be the latest yaba sanshiro versions, since right now the original xd runs the sega saturn emulator better than the plus. Also for the vulkan api and being able to play a few more games which requires a new android version and that's it.
Sorry, I should've been more specific. I have reason to believe someone is making a 32 bit version of dolphin 5.0. You are probably right though, as my only evidence is this guy I've never heard of saying he would in the comments of a YouTube video.

Radioboy86

« Reply #134 on: October 05, 2019, 07:10:58 am »
Here is the reply I got from the creator. If anyone wants they can contact him to perfect this ROM...

"As far as I know, I was simply using rockchip's SDK Nougat as-is (except for the changes I mentioned in the post).

If you have issues when trying that, ping me (preferably on IRC #linux-rockchip @ freenode or telegram
@phhusson
). I think I still have the full source tree."

Skelton-retired

« Reply #135 on: October 05, 2019, 02:29:52 pm »
I don't have an account at XDA. but if he wants to share the SDK he used, he can upload it. Though I don't have an xd anymore I don't mind to take a look or try to help someone if he wants to build a rom.
Retired

Nootboot64

« Reply #136 on: October 05, 2019, 06:47:48 pm »
I have an account at XDA (just saying), and I'd absolutely be willing to put my XD out to be a crash-test dummy if necessary (also just saying).
What qualifications do android devs need? I'm not saying it's easy, but I'd be willing to help if I can.

Skelton-retired

« Reply #137 on: October 06, 2019, 07:27:48 pm »
I don't think you need special quaifications, of course the more you know about coding or programmer the better, but I did all my firmwares in the past just by self-learning and reading plenty of tutorials and checking other people's work to learn. Though I never considered myself a dev, despite all the roms I did for JXD/GPD in the past
Retired

Nootboot64

« Reply #138 on: October 18, 2019, 04:23:06 pm »
I just really hope it is possible, or at least plausible.
It would improve the lifespan of the og XD for much longer.

foxsevent

« Reply #139 on: October 18, 2019, 07:42:54 pm »
I just really hope it is possible, or at least plausible.
It would improve the lifespan of the og XD for much longer.
Honestly i'd just advice buying the XD+, you get better performance, 64bit CPU, bluetooth, Android 7.0 hopefully soon to be 9.0.

Android 7.1 won't help with performance and even compatibility wise it won't be much help as 7.1 is starting to be obsolete.