Author Topic: [EXPERIMENTAL] Android 7.1 for GPD XD  (Read 48768 times)

Radioboy86

Re: [EXPERIMENTAL] Android 7.1 for GPD XD
« Reply #140 on: September 14, 2019, 06:53:32 am »
Thanks for letting us know your experience with this rom. It's really a shame that this rom didn't developed any further. It's funny considering right now that the XD Plus has some problems with Yaba Sanshiro and the newer versions worked with no issues for the original. Skelton is retired from android development. Maybe Black Seraph could be interested into creating a patreon for this development, but is there someone who still owns the original GPD XD?

No problem man, listen if you have any resources where I can decompile then EDIT the ROM, then rebuild/compile the changes into that edited ROM, that would be great! I really want Google APPs to work on this too so any help there is appreciated too. Yaba Sanshiro 2.60 is working really damn well with the XD and Nougat! I want this ROM perfected. The XD+ is a joke for Saturn emulation. Having the XD with Vulkan and Nougat is amazing!
« Last Edit: September 14, 2019, 06:55:17 am by Radioboy86 »

onthebridge

« Reply #141 on: September 14, 2019, 01:50:23 pm »
but is there someone who still owns the original GPD XD?
I just bought one :D

Radioboy86 thanks for keeping this alive, hopefully a developer will put a new life into this

Radioboy86

« Reply #142 on: September 14, 2019, 02:22:56 pm »
The fixes should be simple, I have never developed before, but I think if someone links me some resources and tools... I could adjust the OC to 1.8ghz, add Goggle Play/Framework/Services and maybe even fix ROOT too. I admit the latter seems out of my wheelhouse. I just need to figure out a way to decompile the ROM and "see" the values and adjust them. Adding Goggle stuff for Play Store SHOULD be easy with GAPPS installer/zip but I cannot get it to flash the right ARM 32-Bit package it needs.

Radioboy86

« Reply #143 on: September 14, 2019, 02:25:42 pm »
but is there someone who still owns the original GPD XD?
I just bought one :D

Radioboy86 thanks for keeping this alive, hopefully a developer will put a new life into this

No problem man, back when the first RS-97 GBA CART model handhelds emerged here... I think I was one of the first people to post about the potential of the device and light a fire of interest in the community to mod/flash it and get the Dingoo A320 "spiritual" successor we all wanted since the A380/A380e model fiasco lol. MAYBE I can light that fire here for the XD Nougat ROM WIP?
« Last Edit: September 14, 2019, 02:27:35 pm by Radioboy86 »

Radioboy86

« Reply #144 on: September 14, 2019, 02:29:02 pm »
I am telling you guys, this ROM with a XD RK3288 is pretty dope. I have owned the damn Nvidia Shield Tegra K1 Portable Debugger handheld and it was impressive! This XD has the potential to destroy even that beast...

tiagao_extremo

« Reply #145 on: September 14, 2019, 07:14:21 pm »
No problem man, listen if you have any resources where I can decompile then EDIT the ROM, then rebuild/compile the changes into that edited ROM, that would be great! I really want Google APPs to work on this too so any help there is appreciated too. Yaba Sanshiro 2.60 is working really damn well with the XD and Nougat! I want this ROM perfected. The XD+ is a joke for Saturn emulation. Having the XD with Vulkan and Nougat is amazing!

Sorry i can't help you with development. I don't know anything about it. @skelton is retired from developing, but i believe he can help you or at least give you some directions. He's still around Dingoonity. There's also BlackSeraph, but he hadn't logged into his account since january, but it's very active on gpd xd reddit as MrColdBird. Man, i really hope that you could fix this. Nougat for the original XD would be an amazing swansong for it.  ;D ;D ;D

Radioboy86

« Reply #146 on: September 14, 2019, 10:57:32 pm »
Yep, well I will do some research and see what I can do. Sucks that the XD RK3288 gets no love nowadays.

Radioboy86

« Reply #147 on: September 14, 2019, 11:48:44 pm »
Okay so I do have root access in ADB and the # symbol is there when I force "su" in the command window. I have changed  the governor to performance, but on reboot it is gone. Does anyone know how I can make these changes stick on reboot? I know that a ADB tool I used to change the DPI and resolution keeps the settings when I reboot, so can I get the CPU scaling mode changes to stick after reboot on this ROM too? I fear I need to de-compile this ROM and edit what needs to be done, then re-compile.

Radioboy86

« Reply #148 on: September 15, 2019, 05:02:51 am »
GPDXD-Experimental-Droid7.1-v03.zip has been extracted into Update3.img

I de-compiled/extracted that ROM image and have a series of various IMG/Kernel files now, including the BOOT.img
I have looked all over and used many command based tools for Windows and I cannot get that BOOT.img to extract.
I need that BOOT.IMG to extract as well as get those other files broken down so I change the text values as needed.

Seems like there is NO tools to do this for Rk3288 devices. I need one specific to RK3288. It took a long time to find one that could break down that ZIP into and IMG, and then break that down into the many IMGs/KRNLs files,etc...

I know I am close. Does anyone have any tools that can BREAK down and allow extracting of RK3288/XD ROMs/IMGs, etc? I have tried Android Kitchen, and many others but they all report the BOOT.IMG as wrong and will not extract it.

Radioboy86

« Reply #149 on: September 15, 2019, 05:04:50 am »
imgRePackerRK.exe&imgrepackerrk version 1.06 (windows&linux)

THIS tool broke down the ROM/IMG into the deeper parts, still I need to break them down more. I need BOOT.IMG to extract into Ramdisk, etc...

Radioboy86

« Reply #150 on: September 15, 2019, 08:07:35 am »
Okay I am done, head is killing me. That ROM Phh made is not extracting correctly with ANY tool I try, the files and directories are just not right and I obviously need ALL of the TOOLs he used to make that ROM and compile it. I am sure I could edit some things and fix the parts needed, but I need some help and all the current links that did fix things like the Goggle GApps and Play Store are GONE from the servers. Any help would be great. I need it.

PsyOps

• Section Eight
« Last Edit: September 15, 2019, 10:41:59 am by PsyOps »

Radioboy86

« Reply #152 on: September 15, 2019, 12:47:28 pm »
Hey what are those files? Thanks BTW. I spent hours trying to edit that ROM but I have no idea what I am doing. Not as easy as I assumed. I thought I could just edit the txt values and de-compiling and rebuilding would be easy as pie!

Radioboy86

« Reply #153 on: September 15, 2019, 12:55:32 pm »
http://sectioneight.net/s8files/temp/gpd-xd-gms.zip
http://sectioneight.net/s8files/temp/GPDXD-Experimental-Droid7.1-v04.zip

Okay so I see one is the Google framework. How can I install this friend? Do I need Linux or can I use a Windows GUI tool?
« Last Edit: September 15, 2019, 01:00:25 pm by Radioboy86 »

Radioboy86

« Reply #154 on: September 15, 2019, 12:59:08 pm »
I noticed that REV04 has no sound on my XD, and REV03 does have sound. That is so odd... Are the files named wrong? This ROM deff is confusing, still thanks for the help. I really wish we could smooth out the edges and offer this to folks with a normal RK3288 XD. So much of a pain.

Yeah just checked again, the sound is broken on that REV04 IMG ROM, so odd... Do you guys have that issue too?

Radioboy86

« Reply #155 on: September 16, 2019, 05:53:36 am »
Could someone please tell me if there is anyway of controlling CPU gov and speed without making/editing a new rom? The ROOT on this ROM is not giving me permissions too, so all the apps looking for ROOT cannot find the SU/# root that is installed on the ROM. I tried KingoRoot and it's ROOT tool worked, but the ROOT access is removed on a reboot.

I would also like to know how I can install GoogleApps.zip with the .sh installer. I tried some tools in Android for installing .sh scripts but none worked. Is there a recovery ROM that works with his ROM? The ones I tried have a glitched menu and do not mount things correctly. I know I need to flash Open GApps in a zip with the recovery menu right? I would be so grateful for any help you have man.

I would be thrilled if I could just do these things to the ROM...

- Add Goggle Play and framework for 7.1
- Fix the semi-working root permissions for apps asking for SU/# access...
- Control the CPU governor to access "performance"

I now have given up on recompiling a ROM with CPU freq set at 1.8GHz. I did not realize he made this ROM with confidential resources/SDK tools supplied by Rockchip and designed for dev-work on the XD RK3288...
« Last Edit: September 16, 2019, 05:55:50 am by Radioboy86 »

Radioboy86

« Reply #156 on: September 16, 2019, 06:20:09 am »
FWIW the firmware is already rooted, you just need to call adb root
So with adb remount, you should be able to install a SU in /system

Need someone to explain this to me. I want to do this for the ROM. Clueless AF.

Radioboy86

« Reply #157 on: September 16, 2019, 06:22:46 am »
So...I tired installing SuperSU. Kept getting bootloops. If anyone edit the batch file and look at the section I have commented out, that's where the problem is.

logcat: https://drive.google.com/open?id=0B_PWaYbCn_Ped2dueXFWMDVxVzA

I did get it to work eventually, and both flashfire and xposed works.
However, in some cases you may lose root access and you have to run the script with adb debugging.
A FACTORY RESET IS NOT NEEDED
DO NOT UPDATE THE BINARY IT WILL CAUSE BOOTLOOPS

The link is here (windows only): https://drive.google.com/open?id=0B_PWaYbCn_PebEZ2VkxVUFpGX0U

Google Play Store can be flashed after this with flashfire for someone without a linux machine

If someone can figure out something I didn't notice to implement SuperSU fully please let me know  ;)

Anyone have these links still?

Radioboy86

« Reply #158 on: September 16, 2019, 06:32:59 pm »
https://drive.google.com/open?id=0B_PWaYbCn_PebEZ2VkxVUFpGX0U

SuperSU-v2.46-XD.rar

That is the file I need, Google link is dead
« Last Edit: September 16, 2019, 06:36:50 pm by Radioboy86 »

PsyOps

• Section Eight
« Reply #159 on: September 18, 2019, 08:19:59 pm »