So, i installed Android 7.1 last night. Wasn't a big fan.
- Many apps are missing from the install such as GAMEPAD APP for ps3/xbox automatic configuration or the google play store.
- Barebones ROM in general; no wallpapers/interface has drastically changed from what most users are used to/doesnt really improve emulation speed either.
- I don't even think it improves standard ghz the XD comes with; 1.6 or 1.8 options are not there.
- MicroSD card is NOT recognized at all. I tried various methods for it to be read, no success.
- Most links for the ROM itself don't exist anymore... i had to research for Psyops links in order to download it in the first place.
- Had difficulty being able to mount the OS to windows 10 initially. Once a certain driver is installed & switching to debugging mode/MTP connection... I was FINALLY able to mount it to windows 10 in Explorer to transfer files.
The ROM works but needs a lot of further development. Also, since rockchip is 32bit, I doubt the latest 7.1 nougat can take advantage of the specs of the XD. If further development is made, I'm for it... but as it stands now, I do NOT recommend it for most users.
I'm changing back to LegacyROM when I get a chance & reset all my apps/settings back to the way they were.