Author Topic: [EXPERIMENTAL] Android 7.1 for GPD XD  (Read 47727 times)

phh (OP)

Re: [EXPERIMENTAL] Android 7.1 for GPD XD
« Reply #80 on: October 17, 2017, 10:00:59 pm »
New release (v4):
https://we.tl/QZVjd1QWe8

Now suspend works. I haven't tested battery life, perhaps suspend is useless at the moment.
Please note that wifi is killed by suspend, so you'll need to reboot after suspend to get wifi back.
I had to disable DDR frequency scaling, I'm a bit afraid of the results, both in performance and battery life...

I also have a GPD Q9. I think porting should be easy.
Are there some people interested in its support?
« Last Edit: October 17, 2017, 10:06:12 pm by phh »

PsyOps

• Section Eight
« Reply #81 on: October 17, 2017, 10:17:20 pm »
The gms file you had posted, I tried installing it but it gave a bunch of "Command not found".

Hm i suspect this has to do with classpath doesnt it?

Anything in particular that you would like tested in this new version?
« Last Edit: October 17, 2017, 11:58:59 pm by PsyOps »

jackal27

« Reply #82 on: October 17, 2017, 10:24:10 pm »
That's amazing and i hope you will keep working on it, phh. You probably noticed that the XD development is gone, and since GPD had the terrible idea of releasing a new XD with a new soc this will probably be the only chance for the original XD users for having a new Android version. Also thanks PsyOps for the help you're giving to him.
Well, it's not that GPD had that idea. they are forced to do it, because RK3288 will be out of stock. So current XD was going to end manufacturing anyway. New model will be called XDS and will use an hexa core MTK, the same that comes with xiaomi mi pad 3. They have a proto ready to test.

DAMN. I just KNEW they were going to release a new GPD XD right after I finally bought one. Uuuuuuugh.

ruffnutts

« Reply #83 on: October 17, 2017, 11:25:08 pm »
New release (v4):

Now suspend works. I haven't tested battery life, perhaps suspend is useless at the moment.
Please note that wifi is killed by suspend, so you'll need to reboot after suspend to get wifi back.
I had to disable DDR frequency scaling, I'm a bit afraid of the results, both in performance and battery life...

I know there's no mapping tool but what about the gamepad app that selects the ps3 driver or xbox? thanks for you hard work btw  8)

PsyOps

• Section Eight
« Reply #84 on: October 17, 2017, 11:46:01 pm »
I will take the app from stock/legacy and just install on 7.1 and see if that works

« Last Edit: October 17, 2017, 11:58:48 pm by PsyOps »

PsyOps

• Section Eight
« Reply #85 on: October 18, 2017, 02:04:42 am »
v04:
+ I noticed the power light is now green and not a shady orange color, im guessing something is working better now
- Google Play does not work, it keeps crashing and wont connect. Doesnt work properly, crashes a bunch.
- SD card still comes up with error - doesn't read it right - It was a 128gb Fat32 MicroSD card that didnt work. My 2gb MicroSD Fat32 works fine. Don't know if that helps.
- GPD turns on when you try to charge it with usb. Tried turning it off while it was plugged in and it just reboots.
- Wifi started acting up. Was off, tried to turn on, and it would crash/reboot android. After a few reboots it was working again.

** I updated post #3 with mirror site to version 04 **

« Last Edit: October 18, 2017, 08:35:50 pm by PsyOps »

HercTNT

« Reply #86 on: October 18, 2017, 04:44:16 am »
New release (v4):

I would. I have a q9 and would love to see this.

phh (OP)

« Reply #87 on: October 18, 2017, 09:41:46 am »
Quote from: PsyOps
+ I noticed the power light is now green and not a shady orange color, im guessing something is working better now
Erm sorry, but green means it doesn't suspend. The LED should be off when in suspned
- Google Play does not work, it keeps crashing and wont connect. Doesnt work properly, crashes a bunch.
Erm, works for me

- SD card still comes up with error - doesn't read it right - It was a 128gb Fat32 MicroSD card that didnt work. My 2gb MicroSD Fat32 works fine. Don't know if that helps.
That might help indeed, I'll check that, thanks.

I know there's no mapping tool but what about the gamepad app that selects the ps3 driver or xbox? thanks for you hard work btw  8)
Nope, ps3/xbox was done in driver, and it's a brand new driver, so the app won't be compatible.

Ok, I'll see what I can do. (Though I'll do not as many releases, it's too annoying to build both)

The gms file you had posted, I tried installing it but it gave a bunch of "Command not found".
It requires to have adb installed system-wide (apt install adb)

NightStorm1000

« Reply #88 on: October 18, 2017, 10:05:16 am »
Wow! Thats great! Android 7.1 on my GPD XD. Now I can finally use Parsec on it to play all my PC Games on it. Moonlight was way to Laggy.

Thank you so much for your effords

irwannasit

« Reply #89 on: October 18, 2017, 11:21:12 am »
Looks promising. Keep it up!

Sent from my ASUS_T00N using Tapatalk

phh (OP)

« Reply #90 on: October 18, 2017, 01:15:56 pm »
Wow! Thats great! Android 7.1 on my GPD XD. Now I can finally use Parsec on it to play all my PC Games on it. Moonlight was way to Laggy.
This looks cool.
Have you tested it?
What's their pricing model? I can't see any price anywhere
Or they are getting money from Amazon/Paperspace when you rent a computer there?

Edit: Ah... they only support Windows as a host... Not for me then
« Last Edit: October 18, 2017, 01:26:59 pm by phh »

PsyOps

• Section Eight
« Reply #91 on: October 18, 2017, 06:43:15 pm »

Yeh I figured it out thnx. I'll play around with it more in a bit. - Thnx again for your work.

PsyOps

• Section Eight
« Reply #92 on: October 18, 2017, 10:37:06 pm »
After you stabilize the build more, are you planning on clocking the cpu at 1.8GHz. It says its currently running at 1.6GHz. Or maybe have a second release?

ruffnutts

« Reply #93 on: October 18, 2017, 10:56:14 pm »
After you stabilize the build more, are you planning on clocking the cpu at 1.8GHz. It says its currently running at 1.6GHz. Or maybe have a second release?

Good Question, like to see a releae with google play built in and root  8)

ker

« Reply #94 on: October 19, 2017, 09:21:46 am »

O_O Didn't know about Parsec. I've just connected a GPD Win to my PC and it works great!!! I'll try it in a Rpi3 this weekend

Do you know if Android client has any kind of virtual controler? I've tried it in a mobile but I cannot see any option.

It would be awesome to run it in our GPD XD!!!

Enviado desde mi SM-G950F mediante Tapatalk

HercTNT

« Reply #95 on: October 19, 2017, 09:31:43 am »
Erm sorry, but green means it doesn't suspend. The LED should be off when in suspned
Erm, works for me

That might help indeed, I'll check that, thanks.

Nope, ps3/xbox was done in driver, and it's a brand new driver, so the app won't be compatible.

Ok, I'll see what I can do. (Though I'll do not as many releases, it's too annoying to build both)

I completely understand. It's not really worth creating a build just for two people. Even more so, if it does not have google play in the custom rom it would not be of a lot of use to me either. I would appreciate anything you can do and thank you in general for trying :)

NightStorm1000

« Reply #96 on: October 19, 2017, 11:26:20 pm »
This looks cool.
Have you tested it?
Or they are getting money from Amazon/Paperspace when you rent a computer there?

The Programm itself is Free. You can either rent a Cloud PC from Somewhere over the Parsec Marketplace http://parsec.tv/add-computer/rent or download the Software and install it on your PC to Act as a Host.
The Dev said on Discord that they gonna support Linux as a Host in a few Weeks from Today

O_O Didn't know about Parsec. I've just connected a GPD Win to my PC and it works great!!! I'll try it in a Rpi3 this weekend

Do you know if Android client has any kind of virtual controler? I've tried it in a mobile but I cannot see any option.

Didn't find any myself. The Android Client is pretty much a Alpha right now and the Devs said that they gonna improve it very soon.

You can Vote on Android 4.4 Support if you want: https://parsec.canny.io/feedback/p/android-44-support-gpd-devices
There you can also create a feature Request for the Onscreen Gamepad if you want.

ker

« Reply #97 on: October 20, 2017, 02:12:17 pm »
This looks cool.
Have you tested it?

The Programm itself is Free. You can either rent a Cloud PC from Somewhere over the Parsec Marketplace http://parsec.tv/add-computer/rent or download the Software and install it on your PC to Act as a Host.
The Dev said on Discord that they gonna support Linux as a Host in a few Weeks from Today

Didn't find any myself. The Android Client is pretty much a Alpha right now and the Devs said that they gonna improve it very soon.

You can Vote on Android 4.4 Support if you want: https://parsec.canny.io/feedback/p/android-44-support-gpd-devices
There you can also create a feature Request for the Onscreen Gamepad if you want.
Done!

Karoi

« Reply #98 on: October 21, 2017, 12:40:48 pm »
Can someone explain me what I need to flash this? I'm on LegacyROM now and I want to try this out and help by providing feedback. But I can't seem to find which program I need to use to flash the v4 image. Thanks!

PsyOps

• Section Eight
« Reply #99 on: October 21, 2017, 02:05:37 pm »
If anyone needs help on installing come to discord chat : https://discordapp.com/invite/Qb3f6WV
Or you can try me on irc chat: http://sectioneight.net/gpd-xd/live-chat

Best chance of finding me online is discord, I have it on my mobile.

Post a new topic