Here is an Android 7.1 for GPD XD:
- v4 https://we.tl/QZVjd1QWe8
(see #3 for older versions)
- Play Store: https://we.tl/yzZZ2mKb27
run install.sh (linux-only script, sorry)
Kernel source: https://github.com/phhusson/linux/tree/gpdxd-rk3288-7
Please note that this is HIGHLY EXPERIMENTAL.
Many things are not working, and I don't expect this ROM to be usable for day-to-day.
Things that work:
- Adoptable Storage on microSD
- Audio out
Things that don't work:
- No Gamepad mapping tool
- DDR scaling
- Bootloader doesn't support the screen, so you'll most probably see weird images at boot.
- WiFi doesn't survive a suspend, you need to reboot after a suspend to get Wifi back
- Sometimes the screen doesn't power up, though the backlight does. Don't worry, unplug your GPD XD, power it off for 30s, and power it back on. It should be good now.
- Enable suspend
- Fixed power button
- Fixed audio output (speaker and headphones)
- Forced permanent wake lock. No suspend, but no suspend crash either
- Fixed battery gauge
- Works on legacy flash tool
- LCD fix
- 1GB /system instead of 2GB
Have fun! And if you find this useful, tell me, so I keep working on it
(Also I'm curious about the usage of Vulkan, I haven't seen much except demos, so if it's useful for you, please tell!)