I've noticed the instability as well.
It appeared when I enabled WiFi driver, so that sounds like it will be very annoying to track.
For GMS, I've taken opengapps, and added a script:https://we.tl/yzZZ2mKb27
Run install.sh from the extracted folder (sorry that will work only from Linux)
You'll need to factory reset from the settings after installing it.
What I'm interested in:
- If you are able to reproduce reliably the reboot, tell me how
- If you see bugs, well, tell
- In the list of things that are not working, what would be the highest priority to fix?
- Why is Android 7 useful for you? I'm especially curious about actual usages of Vulkan. The demos are nice, but that's not of any use... I tried running The Talos Principle, which runs Vulkan, but it requires S3TC, which the Mali doesn't have
- I can't force anyone, but I'd love to see people doing custom ROMs based on this one, so I don't have to care about Google apps, emulators, gamepad mapping, ...