Author Topic: The World's Most Powerful Pocket-Sized PC  (Read 7461 times)

Jutleys (OP)

The World's Most Powerful Pocket-Sized PC
« on: May 07, 2018, 06:33:33 pm »
The World's Most Powerful Pocket-Sized PC

https://igg.me/at/mini-pc/x/4107538
« Last Edit: May 07, 2018, 06:35:10 pm by jutley »

androguy

Re: The World's Most Powerful Pocket-Sized PC
« Reply #1 on: May 07, 2018, 06:53:44 pm »
>most powerful
>atom
Ayyy lmao.

Drem

• Russian Android/Dingo/GCW/gaming gadgets blog
« Reply #2 on: May 09, 2018, 05:27:19 am »
The world's most powerful brick of plastic. Illustrations on Indiegogo page are utter hilarious - I can't believe anyone (except for complete nerds and tech geeks) would use it in public.

I must admit I like idea of ultra-portability with Windows on 5" screen, and the severe design of it reminds me of early UMPCs and one of my all-time favourite devices - Cowon Q5W (more than 10 years later it still working laying on my shelves, even being disassembled, without battery and with seriously corrupted HDD).

But Atom in 2018? Nah...

Also, the prices of reward's upgrades looks quite a suspicious for me - $15 just for Android update, why? $50 for upgrade SSD from 128 GB to 512 GB, are they going to use Kingspec's cheap timebombs?

For a price of $109 it would be a deal for me (because 7-8" Atom Win10 tablets is about the same price), but just like a funny device for my collection of handhelds, not a serious competitor for really great modern UMPCs like GPD Win 1/2 and, in my opinion, even for Dragonbox Pyra.
« Last Edit: May 09, 2018, 05:29:51 am by Drem »

Drem

« Reply #3 on: May 15, 2018, 05:42:14 am »
Campaign's creators just announced second stretch goal: CPU/RAM upgrade.

Atom X7-Z8750 -> M3-7Y30

8 GB RAM -> 16 GB RAM

Now this thing became quite impressive for its size and price, but at the same time more suspicious - I wonder how the creators would pack Win 2 CPU with 6.000 battery, SSD, lots of ports and 16 GB RAM in such small and cheap device... And they're going just swap the CPU without drastic redisign of entrails, even without fan? Win 2 & Smach Z proved that any CPU changes results in complete overhaul of design with lots of problems.

It doesn't sound real for me, to be honest. Very tempting but more like scam.
« Last Edit: May 15, 2018, 05:49:32 am by Drem »

exorio

« Reply #5 on: May 28, 2018, 11:32:44 am »
There're lots of this kind of device in the chinese market. And this one doesn't even try to cover it up. The design is exactly the same.

With this formfactor I would've gone with tablets instead. Chuwi, Teclast, etc.

Drem

« Reply #6 on: April 18, 2019, 09:16:44 pm »
About a year passed now and just look what a drama is unfolding in the project's commentaries... people so naive.

lemmywinks

« Reply #7 on: July 28, 2019, 02:00:51 pm »
Seems like Indiegogo are using underhand tactics to avoid credit card chargebacks and lock backers into the campaign when it's obvious they've been scammed, that's shady AF.
Handhelds:
GPD Win, GPD XD 64gb, PlayGo, RS-90, 3DS XL, DSi XL, GBA SP, GBBC Clone, Gameboy Pocket c/w screen mod, PSP Go
PC:
ASUS TUF, Medion Erazer, Toshiba Z20t, Dell Mini 9, Psion 5MX, Toshiba 3480ct
Tons of other old laptops and tablets.....