Author Topic: Linx Vision 8  (Read 7144 times)

midknight (OP)

Linx Vision 8
« on: September 30, 2017, 08:12:16 am »
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eywf56r7xKU

found this surfing around on  youtube its not gonna beat a gpd win but i wanted to document its existence as an affordable alternate to the win. Its basically "inspired" by the razer edge pro gaming tablet that came out a few years ago
here is some specs i copied from their website

Operating System   Windows 10 Home
Dimensions   214.6 x 134.7 x 9.9mm
LCD Screen   1200 x 800 / 60 Hz Refresh Rate
CPU   Intel? Atom Cherry Trail - T3 and PCBA connector change
RAM   2GB
Flash HDD   32GB
External Media   Micro SD?
Battery   6,000mAH
Casing   Polycarbonate and Aluminium Alloy

Wi-Fi Enabled   Yes ? AC Standard
Bluetooth   Version 4.0
Camera (Front)   2MP
Camera (Rear)   2MP
Mic   Yes with Cortana support

redlemon

Re: Linx Vision 8
« Reply #1 on: October 02, 2017, 05:11:10 pm »
I have one of these and its a bit awkward ergonomically. I prefer the GPD win though it's more expensive. The tablet format has its advantages though especially since the WIn has heat problems due to its small size. I wouldn't mind seeing another company try a windows tablet with games controls since a tablet like device would probably have a better time with heat distribution.

LordDavon

« Reply #2 on: October 04, 2017, 07:50:33 pm »
I gave mine to my nephew.  He plays Steam games on it.  I found the controllers to be uncomfortable.

There are already a couple threads on it in the Android -- General section and Other Game Systems, since the Windows General is newer than the threads.  I think it came out in 2015.  Maybe someone could move them:

https://boards.dingoonity.org/android-devices/linx-vision-8-windows-tablet-with-built-in-controller-available-in-europe!/

https://boards.dingoonity.org/other-game-systems/linx-vision-8'-gaming-windows-tablet/

LordDavon

« Reply #3 on: October 04, 2017, 07:56:17 pm »
I have one of these and its a bit awkward ergonomically. I prefer the GPD win though it's more expensive. The tablet format has its advantages though especially since the WIn has heat problems due to its small size. I wouldn't mind seeing another company try a windows tablet with games controls since a tablet like device would probably have a better time with heat distribution.

I think that if someone wanted to compete with the Switch, Microsoft could do it with the Xbox Surface Tablet.  A Windows 10 tablet with game controllers attached, using a 7" Surface style tablet.  Core M3 or 13, MX150, 4GB RAM, blah blah.  Even with Windows 10 S and Xbox One streaming, it would be fun to hack and get Steam running on, even without the MX150.

One can dream...

NTMBK

« Reply #4 on: October 13, 2017, 01:55:50 pm »

I think that if someone wanted to compete with the Switch, Microsoft could do it with the Xbox Surface Tablet.  A Windows 10 tablet with game controllers attached, using a 7" Surface style tablet.  Core M3 or 13, MX150, 4GB RAM, blah blah.  Even with Windows 10 S and Xbox One streaming, it would be fun to hack and get Steam running on, even without the MX150.

One can dream...

I think an AMD APU would be great for a device like that. A couple of Zen cores, some GPU shaders, and 8GB of fast DDR4 shared between both.

ratthikorn

« Reply #5 on: November 20, 2017, 10:58:14 am »
The tablet is like a portable computer.

Post a new topic