Author Topic: Ipega PG 9083 : Xinput on Windows?  (Read 40315 times)

siegel17701

Re: Ipega PG 9083 : Xinput on Windows?
« Reply #20 on: September 10, 2018, 08:50:20 pm »
Ive seen nothing but good from cube mix plus. I'm sure you would love it. And the price is good. I like the cube keyboard alot better.

I have to import the cube, that is why I don't have one. Although if i would have ordered it a month ago I would have it now

Sent from my MIX using Tapatalk

SONY

• !
« Reply #21 on: September 10, 2018, 08:53:16 pm »
The Surface GO is a little bit better, so you will definitely be happy :)
Nintendo Switch w/ipega PG-9083

SONY PS3 Super Slim
SONY PS4 Slim
SONY PS4 Pro

ALLDOCUBE Mix Plus w/ ipega PG-9023

Apple iPad pro 2019 w/Gamevice (pending)

baka-neko (OP)

« Reply #22 on: September 10, 2018, 09:04:47 pm »
[EDIT] My tablet was in "Balanced mode", hence the terrible performance. Please discard my post bellow :D

Personally, I don't recommend the Surface GO for gaming.

I though that the Pentium Gold they're using is fast enough - comparable to the Core M3 of the Win2, well, it is not.

I've tested one of the games I'm working on on it, and the performance is terrible.

On the Win2, the game runs in 720p Medium quality, around 20-30 fps.
On the Surface GO, in 500p Very Low quality, around 5-10 fps.

It is REALLY slow, probably because it is at 4.5w TDP max, but not only. I've also found by trying a few software that I've made, including the front-end you've seen on the previous shots: It doesn't support AVX at all! No AVX1 nor 2.

Feels more like an Atom to me, might be even slower than the Win1 in practice due to the low TDP.

I've also tried drawing on this thing using Photoshop CC - which was one of the reasons I got this tablet. Well, impossible to do any serious drawing on it, way too much lag.

In the end, I'm just using it in portrait mode all the time for reading magazines and such, even retro gaming / PC streaming etc. is a pain as I need to connect it wired to the Ipega gamepad - I'll just stick to the Win2 for that.

Anyway, I'm very disappointed by this device. By the way, I have the 8GB version.
« Last Edit: September 10, 2018, 09:56:55 pm by baka-neko »

siegel17701

« Reply #23 on: September 10, 2018, 09:11:31 pm »
Baka, wow that is comprehensive. Thanks! Helps alot.

Sent from my MIX using Tapatalk

SONY

• !
« Reply #24 on: September 10, 2018, 09:38:19 pm »
@baka-neko

Thanks for your detailed analysis...but all of Josher's Surface GO, (8GB) YouTube vids (see my link) says otherwise (shows Surface GO is amazing at playing PC, AAA titles/games) and some vids have Zer0 dislikes.

https://m.youtube.com/user/josher14/videos

SONY PS3 Super Slim
SONY PS4 Slim
SONY PS4 Pro

baka-neko (OP)

« Reply #25 on: September 10, 2018, 09:54:31 pm »
Thanks for your detailed analysis...but all of Josher's Surface GO, (8GB) YouTube vids (see my link) says otherwise (shows Surface GO is amazing at playing PC, AAA titles/games) and some vids have Zer0 dislikes.

Thanks for the info. Well I don't know, I've just tried one game (mine) and I'm using the stock drivers - didn't try to optimize anything.

I might give it a second chance updating the GPU driver and trying more games.

Small update: I was finally able to fix the Bluetooth issue I had. Now my Ipega gamepad works again in Bluetooth (in dinput).

Update #2: I've just noticed that my tablet was in "Balanced" mode in Windows Mobility Center. I'm pretty sure this is why the performance was terrible. Sorry guys :D

SONY

• !
« Reply #26 on: September 10, 2018, 10:00:43 pm »
Yeah, Performance mode is always the best :D

Also, make sure to use normal mode, as S-Mode sucks, big time!

SONY PS3 Super Slim
SONY PS4 Slim
SONY PS4 Pro

baka-neko (OP)

« Reply #27 on: September 10, 2018, 10:35:27 pm »
Yep, so that was the issue. I've switched to "High Performance" mode and tried my game again: Now it behave as it should - similar to the GPD Win2.

Pro TIP: To have access to the "High Performance" mode - which is hidden by default, you need to launch "regedit.exe" and set "CsEnabled" to 0 in the path "HKey_Local_Machine\System\CurrentControlSet\Control\Power".

I'll try a bit of Photoshop CC next ;D

SONY

• !
« Reply #28 on: September 10, 2018, 11:42:02 pm »
Thanks for the pro tip, mate :)

SONY PS3 Super Slim
SONY PS4 Slim
SONY PS4 Pro

SONY

• !
« Reply #29 on: September 13, 2018, 12:47:01 pm »
Ive seen nothing but good from cube mix plus. I'm sure you would love it.

You're absolutely right! I Love it and I feel like I'm in gaming heaven now *tears of joy* :'(

SONY PS3 Super Slim
SONY PS4 Slim
SONY PS4 Pro

Faust

« Reply #30 on: September 21, 2018, 01:15:21 pm »
[EDIT] My tablet was in "Balanced mode", hence the terrible performance. Please discard my post bellow :D

Personally, I don't recommend the Surface GO for gaming.

I though that the Pentium Gold they're using is fast enough - comparable to the Core M3 of the Win2, well, it is not.

I've tested one of the games I'm working on on it, and the performance is terrible.

On the Win2, the game runs in 720p Medium quality, around 20-30 fps.
On the Surface GO, in 500p Very Low quality, around 5-10 fps.

It is REALLY slow, probably because it is at 4.5w TDP max, but not only. I've also found by trying a few software that I've made, including the front-end you've seen on the previous shots: It doesn't support AVX at all! No AVX1 nor 2.

Feels more like an Atom to me, might be even slower than the Win1 in practice due to the low TDP.

I've also tried drawing on this thing using Photoshop CC - which was one of the reasons I got this tablet. Well, impossible to do any serious drawing on it, way too much lag.

In the end, I'm just using it in portrait mode all the time for reading magazines and such, even retro gaming / PC streaming etc. is a pain as I need to connect it wired to the Ipega gamepad - I'll just stick to the Win2 for that.

Anyway, I'm very disappointed by this device. By the way, I have the 8GB version.
Hi friend, I really like your front-end, mind to share it?

For josher's performance you need an external fan which kills the purpose.

Envoy? de mon G8441 en utilisant Tapatalk
« Last Edit: September 21, 2018, 01:18:01 pm by Faust »

baka-neko (OP)

« Reply #31 on: September 21, 2018, 05:00:58 pm »

Thanks! It is currently still work in progress and lacking some important features, I plan to share it on my website when ready.

Actually the performance of the Surface GO isn't bad at all. Please discard my previous post about my day one testing, I think the tablet was in low power mode so obviously the perf was really bad.

I've tested the tablet after that and it is actually good enough, a bit slower than my Win2 (which is at 8.25w + undervolt - XTU don't work on the Surface GO) but it still feel fast enough.

Faust

« Reply #32 on: September 21, 2018, 05:10:35 pm »

Thanks! It is currently still work in progress and lacking some important features, I plan to share it on my website when ready.

Actually the performance of the Surface GO isn't bad at all. Please discard my previous post about my day one testing, I think the tablet was in low power mode so obviously the perf was really bad.

I've tested the tablet after that and it is actually good enough, a bit slower than my Win2 (which is at 8.25w + undervolt - XTU don't work on the Surface GO) but it still feel fast enough.
Oh of course I'm sure it has good performances, I was just replying to Sony about Josher's videos, Josher is using an external fan, so the performances he is showing doesn't show reality.

It's like using the Gpd win 2 set to 15watts while plugged to the power supply, and showing power hungry games that runs amazingly well.

It's not supposed to be used with 15watts just like surface Go isn't supposed to be used with an external fan.

« Last Edit: September 21, 2018, 05:12:52 pm by Faust »

XC-3730C

« Reply #33 on: February 22, 2019, 05:27:35 pm »
That sucks about Xinput on a PC with a wired connection. Now as far as converting Xinput to Dinput, what would be a good option? I don't mind converting every game that needs it. I am getting a Dell Venue 8 Pro 5855 64gb soon, so I was considering this or an iPega 9023 (I had one, and the d-pad edges seemed a bit too sharp).

How is the d-pad on the 9083?, and the battery life? I really don't have plans to use it with a Switch due to the unchangeable button layout issue.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk