Author Topic: HP ElitePad 1000 G2  (Read 856 times)

jumpup (OP)

HP ElitePad 1000 G2
« on: June 16, 2018, 08:55:36 pm »
During a recent trip to my favorite local computer shop, I picked up a mint condition HP ElitePad 1000 G2 tablet at a fantastic deal.

The ElitePad is a tablet that was made primarily for healthcare and retail environments. It was built with rugged features but retaining the smaller frame of other tablets.

Specs:

• Intel Atom 3795 CPU (quad core, 1.6GHz/2.39GHz burst)
  • Intel HD integrated grphics
  • 64GB SSD hard drive
  • 4GB LP DDR3 RAM
  • 10'1" screen, Gorilla Glass 3, smudge resistant coating
  • 1920x1080 widescreen display
  • 8MP front camera/2.1MP back camera[/li
    • 802.11 a/b/g/n Wifi, Bluetooth 4.0, AGPS, acceleromoter, gyroscope, etc.

The tablet sale also included a HP OEM docking station. I use the HDMI output with a Samsung 27" LED.

One downer is that the unit has no native USB or microSD ports. The power/data port is a proprietary one. You can buy USB adapters for this port. I bought one and use a self-powered hub if I need to connect multiple devices.

The battery is a shining feature. Since the tablet was designed for the aforementioned industries, it is made to last. Starting with a full charge - I'm still at 40-45% after ten hours of intermittent use.

Attached to this post is HP's official spec sheet (PDF).

System was wiped, and I installed Windows 10 Enterprise (x64, 1803/April Update). I also installed the apps I used most often: MS Office Pro, Evernote, Adobe Acrobat Pro, Chrome, Notepad++, PowerShell ISE, Linux Subsystem and a few others.

Most of the time has been spent testing various controllers and retrogaming avenues. I alternate between a Logitech F310 USB gamepad and a SteelSeries Stratus XL BT gamepad.

Some emulators tested: Project 64, PPSSPP, higan/bsnes (in varying builds), VBA-M

I began working on a RetroArch configuration, adding SNES and MD/Genesis ROM sets perfectly paired with cores, BT controller and the like. Need to work on this some more down the road.

I've played a coupe of native Windows games, mainly Terraria and some Shmups.

Has anyone ever played with an ElitePad. What do you think? Any recommendations? My main love is for 8- and 16-bit systems, Dreamcast, PS1, PSP, GB/GBA/GBC, CPS1/CPS2, NeoGeo, Taito arcade boards and similar.

Thanks!

Post a new topic
Post a new topic