• HomeBoards
  • RulesRules
  • HelpHelp
  • WikiWiki
  • Donate

Author Topic: WHAT THE HELL DO I HAVE  (Read 4682 times)

ieronymous

WHAT THE HELL DO I HAVE
« on: December 23, 2011, 07:47:40 pm »
Hello
  I would like to help me understand which unit i bought.
It looks exactly like this
http://www.dealextreme.com/p/dingoo-a330le-portable-3-0-lcd-game-console-mp3-mp4-player-with-fm-tv-out-micro-sd-white-4gb-71127#open%20full%20view and it says DINGOO A330 when you go to the menu -->settings -->about it says model A330 LE firmware 1.2 and at the bottom chinachip program

So do i have the Dingoo or Gemei portable
It seems weird the firmware version it came with. it was in chinese and the only thing i manges to do is to revert it to english

If it's a gemei then no dingux right?Snes?etc...

Thank you in advance

pcercuei

• My devblog
Re: WHAT THE HELL DO I HAVE
« Reply #1 on: December 23, 2011, 07:51:10 pm »
It's the Gemei.

ieronymous

« Reply #2 on: December 23, 2011, 09:57:00 pm »
Thank you for your quick reply
   I thought so too but in the shop tried to convience me that it's only one model

http://www.ebw.gr/el-GR/Product/8454/%CE%9A%CE%BF%CE%BD%CF%83%CF%8C%CE%BB%CE%B1-Micro-Game-Station-Dingoo-A330-Mini-Game-King-Gaming-Console-MP4-Player-%CF%83%CE%B5-%CE%BC%CE%B1%CF%8D%CF%81%CE%BF-%CF%87%CF%81%CF%8E%CE%BC%CE%B1-%CE%A6%CE%BF%CF%81%CF%84%CF%8E%CE%BD%CE%B5%CE%B9

they had  in picture the above and i recieved the one in the link from the first post

So isn't weird that it comes with 1.2 firm wich isn't anywhere in the net?

I am interested only in mame/neo geo/snes/mega drive emus
I found a link with the pocket super nitendo with a name sfc.sim i placed it in the game dir but no luck
it seems as it has a super nitendo emu but i tried all donkey (1,2,3) and killer instict and couldn't even load the intro screen
Any help ?

Is there a newer firm than that i currently have? (1,2)
i think i could not flash it with the dingoo firm due to the different cpu type right?

I also put some cps1 roms in zip format in the internal memory and couldn't see them nowhere  isn't cps1 emu already pre installed as a native emu in the machine? do i have to make something else to run the roms?
« Last Edit: December 23, 2011, 10:29:03 pm by ieronymous »

hiredgun

« Reply #3 on: December 23, 2011, 11:01:16 pm »
Here is a link for the PocketSnes emulator for the Gemei A330, it works much better than the native one.  The roms should be unzipped to work.  http://boards.dingoonity.org/gemei-a330/native-ports/ I don't have the console in front of me right now, so I'm not sure about the cps1 games, but the Neo Geo roms need to be in .mvs to work.  I know that the emu comes with that Emu, but once again, I'm not sure about the cps1 because I don't have the console handy right now. H.G.

ieronymous

« Reply #4 on: December 23, 2011, 11:08:36 pm »
Thank you
  The link you posted is where a downlowded the emu from (pocket Snes) it comes zipped only with a sfc.smc file which i unzipped it and placed it in the root folder. Do i have to delete the native snes emu in order to load the new emu. The snes roms which i have placed them in the folder NES do i have to place it somewhere else?
It seems tha thte snes native emu consists from two files snes.cfg and snes.sim but hte file you told me to downlaod only consists of one file

hiredgun

« Reply #5 on: December 23, 2011, 11:36:12 pm »
Thank you
  The link you posted is where a downlowded the emu from (pocket Snes) it comes zipped only with a sfc.smc file which i unzipped it and placed it in the root folder. Do i have to delete the native snes emu in order to load the new emu. The snes roms which i have placed them in the folder NES do i have to place it somewhere else?
It seems tha thte snes native emu consists from two files snes.cfg and snes.sim but hte file you told me to downlaod only consists of one file

First, don't delete them, you never know when you might need them again, lol.  Just cut and paste them some where on your computer.  Secondly, I'm not sure what you downloaded, but it's not the one.  Use this one, http://www.sendspace.com/file/fus2yr  when you unzip it, dump it all onto root of your console, and then go to applications  menu (second to last) and run it from there.  You put the roms in the SNES folder.  Should work now, keep us posted, H.G.

ieronymous

« Reply #6 on: December 24, 2011, 07:53:11 am »
Than you but the link points to an exe file so does gemei run exe files?

ieronymous

« Reply #7 on: December 24, 2011, 07:57:42 am »
Than you but the link points to an exe file so does gemei run exe files?
Also where did the shop found the 1.2 firm i have in my dingoo - gemei . It seems thje latest to be 1.1,

hiredgun

« Reply #8 on: December 24, 2011, 01:52:43 pm »
Once again, I'm not sure what you are looking at, but I just checked the link, and once you are on the page, you just click on the link that says "click here to start download from sendspace" and has the picture of a little hard drive next to it.   It's right in the middle of the page highlighted in blue.  H.G.

ieronymous

« Reply #9 on: December 24, 2011, 08:43:39 pm »
 I found the right download file when i unzipped it it the following files:
pocketSNES.cc
pocketsnes_bar.png
pocketsnes_header.png
pocketsnes_tile.png
pocketsnes_header.xcf

i removed the oem sim and cfg snes files and i put the roms in a folder named SNES but nothing happens when i try to play the games. From the browser i cant start anything i only have properties like copy paste cut ...etc
i also don't have firm.1.1 but 1.2 if this is the problem but i dont think so cause the pocken snes has no sim and cfg files but the ones i mentioned above

I want ot play Donkey!!!! it's one of the reasons i though i bought a Dingoo (Gemei as it seems )
with the oem emu it only shows the intro screen but the buttons don't do anything >:(

hiredgun

« Reply #10 on: December 26, 2011, 11:49:08 am »
When you go to applications does the PocketSnes icon show up? I am really not sure what is going on, H.G.

ieronymous

« Reply #11 on: December 26, 2011, 09:56:12 pm »
You mean when i browse the files (second option to last) there is no option to play or enter somthing jsut copy paste delete....

hiredgun

« Reply #12 on: December 27, 2011, 08:17:49 am »
Once again, I don't have the console in front of me, so I'm not looking at it right now, but even if there is no icon you should at least see the words "pocketsnes" when you slide over to apps.  Then pressing a button should get you into the actual emulator menu where you would select the roms and play.  Everyone is sleeping here right now, lol, but when I can, I'll dig out my Gemei and see exactly what I have to do to be able to play.  At least you have the right files in the right place, that's a good start ;D H.G.