Author Topic: Unable to update Gemei A330 Fashion-Despite renaming HXF file  (Read 3180 times)

oobidoo

Hi guys,

Just got my Gemei A330 Fashion and absolutely love it. Problem is, I can't seem to update my firmware to 1.1 despite trying to rename the A330.HXF file to A330E.HXF. In fact, after I transfer the A330E.HXF file to the root folder, and restart, it boots up normally without any update. After I reconnect the Gemei to the PC to try to copy the file over again, the original A330E.HXF file is no longer in the root folder.

I just wanted to know if anyone else had this issue. I am using Windows 7 if this helps.

Thanks for all the help guys.

Best regards,
Haresh

cex

Re: Unable to update Gemei A330 Fashion-Despite renaming HXF file
« Reply #1 on: June 06, 2011, 08:36:04 am »
Maybe your GA330 has already v1.1 installed.

oobidoo

« Reply #2 on: June 06, 2011, 12:39:44 pm »
I checked...and it still states ver 1.0 under my settings.

Any other thoughts guys?

Cheers

Hagane023

« Reply #3 on: June 06, 2011, 12:48:12 pm »
Did you do this while your GA330 WAS TURNED ON (while it was connected by usb , as it only updates this way)It has to be unzipped(GA330E.hxf) as when you safely disconnect you instantly get the refresh/update (From update jukebox) screen. Sometimes this will freeze when the bar is full but wait a minute andturn it off and back on and you will get the chinachip firmware update screen, then the update/refresh thing again.

Hope it helps

oobidoo

« Reply #4 on: June 06, 2011, 02:24:47 pm »
Hi thanks! Worked like a charm

erick626

« Reply #5 on: June 12, 2011, 12:57:51 am »
Hi, I was able to find a way around this same problem, but I created more. Ever since I went to 1.1, I'm not able to add games. The gemei stops working and I get disconnected from usb. To make things worst, some how I lost all folders with emulators, sample music, video etc. I'm starting to hate this device, Please help ASAP. I wish i could just reset the thing to factory settings, and be back to normal with all emulators and samples.

Hagane023

« Reply #6 on: June 13, 2011, 04:07:34 pm »
If you go to this wiki site it has most of the info you'll need on this device for now:-

http://dingoowiki.com/index.php?title=Gemei_a330

What i think you need to do is go to the official gemei site:-

http://www.gemeitech.com/en/Download.asp

Then search for files for a330 and this should help with your required files, If not look for the other links from the dingoo wiki page. Please note however some people have been having trouble with the usb cables so it might be worth getting a new one to try out when you try to sort this.

erick626

« Reply #7 on: June 14, 2011, 12:52:52 am »
thanks for your help, I can't seem to download from gemei's web/ error 404 no files found.

gemei 330a-dx fashion model.

erick626

Post a new topic
Post a new topic