• HomeBoards
  • RulesRules
  • HelpHelp
  • WikiWiki
  • Donate

Author Topic: Two Gemei a330 using built-in "Dual 2.4Ghz Wireless" for MegaDrive-multiplaymode  (Read 4479 times)

R0M4N

Hey, look what I found
At the moment only pics, but I'm sure there'll come more very soon.

source: http://bbs.imp3.net/thread-895602-1-1.html
« Last Edit: October 01, 2010, 07:54:42 pm by R0M4N »

darfgarf

bet it's something like each one has a tx and rx in them, on some silly frequency, that simply binds the controls to the 2p controls on teh other one (like the dingoo a330, but with a transmitter in the handheld aswell as a reciever)

gibberish

• Obscure Handhelds
i hope it's nothing as rudimentary as that, but i'm leaning towards thinking it might be. we would have seen bluetooth or IR in the spec by now if that was the case i think.

kswildside

Ya never know ChinaChip and Gemei are both way to secretive for there own good when it comes to specs and ability and assistance to the community. Thats the only draw back to a company that makes some pretty spectacular stuff...

R0M4N

Donno if it helps, but it'll use "Dual 2.4G Wireless-technologie".
they say they use such modules because they are cheap (no licences is suppose), stable and reaches to 10 meters.

darfgarf

Donno if it helps, but it'll use "Dual 2.4G Wireless-technologie".

i'd put money on it not being wi-fi, that just means it's running at 2.4GHz, though that doesn't include the Hz, so it could really be anything

it'll be something similar to the dingoo a330s wireless module, probably something available/very similar to the transmitter and reciever pairs you can buy from component shops

though it's better than nothing, and it would need both the tx and rx in the handheld, so it's theoretically possible to get a set of modules and plug them into a pc (with a little work)

R0M4N

i'd put money on it not being wi-fi, that just means it's running at 2.4GHz, though that doesn't include the Hz, so it could really be anything
right no wifi, but I'm 100% sure it's 2.4GHz

it'll be something similar to the dingoo a330s wireless module, probably something available/very similar to the transmitter and reciever pairs you can buy from component shops
exactly, these 2.4GHz-modules are used often in Chinese stuff because wifi-modules are way more expensive.

though it's better than nothing, and it would need both the tx and rx in the handheld, so it's theoretically possible to get a set of modules and plug them into a pc (with a little work)
yeah, but they are also supposed to connect to the internet for online-gaming. but how do they if they can't connect to wifi...?
via usb...?  :o

darfgarf

Interesting game=emulators

Internet game=??? ;D

Ikonz101

Internet game=??? ;D

Internet game = Tin Can hooked up to USB port ;D

Ikonz101

streigh

Interesting game=emulators

Internet game=??? ;D

I think they used the term "internet" not to mean THE Internet, but AN internet (lower case i)

and i strongly suspect it gains an implication in the translation to English that was not intended and maybe they even meant to say INTRAnet - because that seems more accurate

Post a new topic
Post a new topic