Author Topic: TV-OUT (Audio Buzzing) Problem  (Read 8993 times)

blastyrant (OP)

TV-OUT (Audio Buzzing) Problem
« on: January 26, 2011, 02:09:14 am »
This is what I tested with:
2x Gemei A330 (one is v1.0 firmware, the other is v1.1 firmware)
1x Dingoo A320 AV-OUT cable
1x Dingoo A330 AV-OUT cable
1x Random AV-OUT (mono) cable
1x Vizio Hi-def Flat Screen LCD TV
1x Old ass TV

The video plays fine, shows up in color, is in the correct aspect, etc. Games also play fine, show up in color, etc. The audio only "buzzes" with all 3 AV-OUT cables, tested on both TV sets, with both Gemei Units. I further tested all 3 cables on 2 Dingoo units and they work correctly (no buzzing, etc). The audio for the Gemei units, while buzzing on the TV, plays fine out the Gemei speakers. Turning off the speakers from the software menu changed nothing.

Any ideas?

Kryptofacist

Re: TV-OUT (Audio Buzzing) Problem
« Reply #1 on: February 01, 2011, 11:16:18 pm »
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WfkFhjfeCk4
According to this video, you need to use the headphone jack for the audio. It doesn't do audio through the TV-out apparently.
"The problem with internet quotes and statistics is that often times, they're wrongfully believed to be real."
- Abraham Lincoln

blastyrant (OP)

« Reply #2 on: February 02, 2011, 07:52:35 am »
thanks for linking to that vid.

Kryptofacist

« Reply #3 on: February 02, 2011, 12:23:12 pm »
No worries. I found it in the DX forums. We weren't the only ones with that problem.
"The problem with internet quotes and statistics is that often times, they're wrongfully believed to be real."
- Abraham Lincoln

1wiierdguy

« Reply #4 on: February 05, 2011, 11:56:36 am »
 The reason audio has to come from the headphone jack is because all three plugs are required from the tv out plug  for component output. When you select component out the three plugs all output the seperate video signals like this:

Red  Plug    = Red input on tv
White Plug  = Blue input on tv
Yellow Plug  = Green input on tv

Selecting component over composite gives a nicer image.With this option tv out looks better on the gemei than the Dingoo or Letcool.

« Last Edit: February 05, 2011, 12:06:14 pm by 1wiierdguy »

IguanaC64

« Reply #5 on: February 07, 2011, 05:30:27 pm »
Would you guys post the key combo to switch to the TV out on the A330?  Can't ever find this when I need it...needs to go on the A330 Wiki page!

Kryptofacist

« Reply #6 on: February 08, 2011, 01:09:53 pm »
The combination is Start+Left Shoulder. It only works in-game and make sure not to hold down start too long or it will power down.
I will put it in the Wiki.

*edit*
Done.
« Last Edit: February 08, 2011, 01:26:23 pm by Kryptofacist »
- Abraham Lincoln

IguanaC64

« Reply #7 on: February 08, 2011, 07:14:03 pm »
MUCH appreciated!  I'm wondering if we should note if using the TV out mode the information in this thread (that the connection is RGB and to use the headphone port for audio).

Kryptofacist

« Reply #8 on: February 09, 2011, 12:55:10 pm »
My connection is composite by default and I can't find how to change it.
Edit the wiki if you feel like including the information, I am for it.
- Abraham Lincoln

IguanaC64

« Reply #9 on: February 09, 2011, 05:38:24 pm »
I need to pry it out of my son's hands, but once I get around to playing with the TV out I'll edit the Wiki.  Thanks!

Juan

« Reply #10 on: June 20, 2011, 08:18:12 pm »
I got a TRRS cable (3.5mm to 3 RCA plugs) which I connected to the TV OUT via composite on the TV.
While I got the video player to work well by setting the TV Output type to "General Output" in the Video Setup menu, the emulators seem to expect a component output so that it doesn't show up in color on my composite end.
Is there a way around that?
« Last Edit: June 20, 2011, 08:20:34 pm by Juan »

Nenoboy

« Reply #11 on: June 20, 2011, 10:35:32 pm »
Your TV does not support PAL ...
If I remember correctly the emulators are not in NTSC ...
« Last Edit: June 21, 2011, 09:50:52 pm by Nenoboy »

Juan

« Reply #12 on: June 21, 2011, 09:26:39 pm »
It supports PAL-N, PAL-M and NTSC. Tried it in another trinorm TV set and no luck either.

Kryptofacist

« Reply #13 on: June 22, 2011, 06:49:34 am »
I just tested, and the component output setting is a lie.
I had it selected and all the RGB cables plugged in on 2 different TVs and got a purple and black display for both.
then I pulled out the green cable and stuck it into a composite socket and received full colour. I couldn't get videos to work at all via TV out.

It's not such a bad thing. As I understand, the systems this emulates are all low-res and the colours seem fine to me, so you aren't really losing anything. Also, I really hate CC Player, so I would have to be incredibly desperate to use it.

Although, if it's always outputting a composite signal, it makes me wonder why they couldn't output audio from that socket as well... That just seems lazy.
« Last Edit: June 22, 2011, 06:53:34 am by Kryptofacist »
- Abraham Lincoln

1wiierdguy

« Reply #14 on: June 22, 2011, 07:43:36 am »
I had it selected and all the RGB cables plugged in on 2 different TVs and got a purple and black display for both.
then I pulled out the green cable and stuck it into a composite socket and received full colour. I couldn't get videos to work at all via TV out.

It's not such a bad thing. As I understand, the systems this emulates are all low-res and the colours seem fine to me, so you aren't really losing anything. Also, I really hate CC Player, so I would have to be incredibly desperate to use it.

Although, if it's always outputting a composite signal, it makes me wonder why they couldn't output audio from that socket as well... That just seems lazy.

Not a lie perhaps just a misunderstanding. For games, yes, it composite only. Movie playback can be set to component. I use component out to watch .mkv files on my 42" plasma. The picture is actually very nice.

Snip

« Reply #15 on: June 24, 2011, 09:36:06 pm »

Not a lie perhaps just a misunderstanding. For games, yes, it composite only. Movie playback can be set to component. I use component out to watch .mkv files on my 42" plasma. The picture is actually very nice.

As 1wiierdguy says, component output works great on ccplayer (video player). I haven't found yet how to switch emulators to component output rather than composite...

Post a new topic