Just a note on testing in general.
I have 2 units. I was having a ton of problems with one of them:
- intermittently locked/crashed on games, mostly GBA's but all games on external were unstable
- library refresh sometimes locked, sometimes ran super fast and seemed to lose everything off the external
- frequent "no file found"
- would not save state (locked up)
lots of flaky little problems like that - it took a while for me to notice they were all related to the external memory
the problems all resolved by switching the chip, which i am returning to kingston when i have some time to waste
The chip seemed ok on the pc, although i did have a problem formatting it once and it seemed the PC didnt want to recognize it every now and then - since i was working with 2 i didnt make the connection to that single chip right away and simply blamed windows.
but i thought people might want to be aware that a borderline memory chip seems to cause lots of little issues.