Author Topic: Testing Dingoo problem games on Gemei A330  (Read 12222 times)

blopa

Re: Testing Dingoo problem games on Gemei A330
« Reply #20 on: December 23, 2010, 11:42:31 pm »
I can't get Boktai to work on Gemei A330, even with the patch. Does anybody know how can I play it on this console? This is my top priority game for play on Gemei A330.

I'm using fw v1.0, I haven't tried v1.1, but since it does not have a gba emulator update, I don't see why it could make any diference.

streigh

« Reply #21 on: December 30, 2010, 06:59:20 pm »
Just a note on testing in general.

I have 2 units.  I was having a ton of problems with one of them:
  • intermittently locked/crashed on games, mostly GBA's but all games on external were unstable
  • library refresh sometimes locked, sometimes ran super fast and seemed to lose everything off the external
  • frequent "no file found"
  • would not save state (locked up)

lots of flaky little problems like that - it took a while for me to notice they were all related to the external memory
the problems all resolved by switching the chip, which i am returning to kingston when i have some time to waste

The chip seemed ok on the pc, although i did have a problem formatting it once and it seemed the PC didnt want to recognize it every now and then - since i was working with 2 i didnt make the connection to that single chip right away and simply blamed windows.

but i thought people might want to be aware that a borderline memory chip seems to cause lots of little issues.

izze

« Reply #22 on: December 31, 2010, 02:12:55 pm »
Hey i just wonder if anyone got Metal Slug 4 & 5 working (MVS) on the A330 ? It seems some games just wont boot. The Neo Geo Logo turns from Pink to Green and Loops infinitely. Anyone got a hint ? I got that problem on some of the games i would like to play most (SNK SVC Chaos, Metal Slug 4-5, Samurai Showdown 5 and so on.. seems that those problems occur on newer games?)

Thanks
Patrick

Lazlo

« Reply #23 on: December 31, 2010, 03:40:50 pm »
Quote from: izze link=topic=2729.msg25597#msg25597 date=
Hey i just wonder if anyone got Metal Slug 4 & 5 working (MVS) on the A330 ? It seems some games just wont boot. The Neo Geo Logo turns from Pink to Green and Loops infinitely. Anyone got a hint ? I got that problem on some of the games i would like to play most (SNK SVC Chaos, Metal Slug 4-5, Samurai Showdown 5 and so on.. seems that those problems occur on newer games?)

Thanks
Patrick

I've got all those games you state working no problem without changing anything. The only thing I might have done differently is I use the eur ver 2 bios in the emulator. I'm not sure if changing the bios would make a difference. Seems
 strange that out of all your games, the ones you're having trouble with are snk/playmore
« Last Edit: December 31, 2010, 04:05:02 pm by Lazlo »

izze

« Reply #24 on: December 31, 2010, 04:44:02 pm »
Have you saved yours on the internal memory or on a SD Card? I think it is the ROM Size.. i checked it and alle roms above 70 MB dont work, maybe the internal drive is too slow. Will have to wait for my SD Card and try again.
« Last Edit: December 31, 2010, 04:46:38 pm by izze »

Lazlo

« Reply #25 on: December 31, 2010, 07:41:15 pm »
pm'd. hope you get it sorted. Best of luck.

izze

« Reply #26 on: December 31, 2010, 09:41:15 pm »
Ok.. seems that it were the ROMs. Everything is fine now.. Thanks :D