Author Topic: Status of development/apps for the GA330  (Read 4376 times)

Meneer Jansen (OP)

Status of development/apps for the GA330
« on: July 14, 2011, 09:09:42 am »
First of all (for myself too) we're talking about this one:

(for additional info see this topic)

What's the status of the development for this nifty little wannabe Dongoo A320 killer? Any nice emulators yet? If I'm not mistaken there's no Dingux/Linux port yet (bummer!). There does seem to be a software development kit (SDK) for it's native firmware/OS however.
Finally got me a new Dingoo after I Kentucky ~~::fried::~~ the other one. Yippee! [edit] And lost it!

Harteex

• * Administrator
    • Harteex Productions
Re: Status of development/apps for the GA330
« Reply #1 on: July 14, 2011, 05:33:32 pm »
Development is coming more and more. Cex has been porting stuff and I'm working on Gemei A330 support for Dingoo-SDK.

Not sure if it's possible to fix the sound lag though.

cex

« Reply #2 on: July 14, 2011, 07:37:38 pm »
You can find the current native ports in this thread:

http://boards.dingoonity.org/gemei-a330/native-ports/

Kryptofacist

« Reply #3 on: July 15, 2011, 01:11:43 am »
Development is coming more and more. Cex has been porting stuff and I'm working on Gemei A330 support for Dingoo-SDK.

Not sure if it's possible to fix the sound lag though.

Sorry if this is a little offtopic. but if, for arguments' sake another OS (eg. dingux) was made for the GA330, would that require a new sound driver, potentially fixing sound lag?
I'm not holding my breath or anything, I just want to know if I understand this correctly.
"The problem with internet quotes and statistics is that often times, they're wrongfully believed to be real."
- Abraham Lincoln

Peffse

« Reply #4 on: July 15, 2011, 02:10:54 am »
It's my understanding that the lag was a sound output command that had a buffer set too large. I think It could be fixed with a new firmware update, but a whole new OS like Dingux would probably bypass the issue completely. Didn't Cex figure out a command to output sound without lag anyhow?

Meneer Jansen (OP)

« Reply #5 on: July 15, 2011, 09:32:26 am »

That's not a whole lot, is it? And: no MAME I presume?
Finally got me a new Dingoo after I Kentucky ~~::fried::~~ the other one. Yippee! [edit] And lost it!

Kryptofacist

« Reply #6 on: July 15, 2011, 09:45:33 am »

Yeah, there isn't much yet. But it's still pretty good considering that most of these ports were by one person and in what seems like a relatively short time, too.
"The problem with internet quotes and statistics is that often times, they're wrongfully believed to be real."
- Abraham Lincoln

Harteex

• * Administrator
    • Harteex Productions
« Reply #7 on: July 15, 2011, 03:19:05 pm »
It's my understanding that the lag was a sound output command that had a buffer set too large. I think It could be fixed with a new firmware update, but a whole new OS like Dingux would probably bypass the issue completely. Didn't Cex figure out a command to output sound without lag anyhow?

I could output sound without lag, if I don't output sound continuosly. Because then the buffer was empty.

It always takes some times before these things kick off. Homebrew for the A320 started out slow as well.

Post a new topic