• HomeBoards
  • RulesRules
  • HelpHelp
  • WikiWiki
  • Donate

Author Topic: SNES transparencies games list?  (Read 18594 times)

nardich (OP)

SNES transparencies games list?
« on: March 29, 2011, 11:35:07 pm »
As we know, the SNES native emulator for Gemei A330 does not support Super Famicom's transparency effects.

As this is something quite annoying (like you start a game, and suddenly the 3rd level is underwater supposed to be transparent, and you don't see a thing), that would be great to find a list of games using transparencies that are "not playable", "not playable at some point", "playable (but lack some nice transparency effects)".

I did not find any actual list about that anywhere, so if you know / have tested a few games, please post them here (or if you know a list...)!

(gathered:)

Biker mice from mars sprites dissapear as soon as they touch shade. still playable
Castlevania vampires kiss can't see sprites well on first level due to background fire being in the foreground, Barely playable
Castlevania 4 dancing ghost boss is invisible. Still playable.
Chrono Trigger not playable at some point (future)
DoReMi Fantasy not playable at some point (one level underwater: I managed to get through it without seeing anything)
Earthworm Jim playable but lacks some details
Front Mission Gun Hazard not playable (don't see a thing on the first level)
Harvest Moon playable but the rainy days
Megaman 7 not playable
Megaman X (underwater stages?)
Secret of mana Objects missing but playable
Seiken Densetsu 3 (secret of mana2) Playable but boss is invisible on the ghostship
Zelda Link to the past not playable at some points
« Last Edit: March 30, 2011, 10:34:45 pm by nardich »

clach04

Re: SNES transparencies games list?
« Reply #1 on: March 30, 2011, 03:22:00 am »
Some of the later bomberman games use transparency for "lights" in a dark room and a few other things. You can play through a lot of the game without transparency on. I can't remember which ones those (maybe bomber man2?)

pcercuei

• My devblog
« Reply #2 on: March 30, 2011, 08:13:35 am »
Chrono Trigger is not playable, as soon as you enter the future, transparency is heavily used, and on houses you can't see anything at all :-(

Hagane023

« Reply #3 on: March 30, 2011, 01:13:25 pm »
Seiken Densetsu 3 (secret of mana2) Playable but boss is invisible on the ghostship
Secret of mana Objects missing but playable
I couldn't get any of the bomberman games to play(No controller connected issue)
Castlevania vampires kiss can't see sprites well on first level due to background fire being in the foreground, Barely playable
Castlevania 4 dancing ghost boss is invisible. Still playable.
Biker mice from mars sprites dissapear as soon as they touch shade. still playable

i'll add some others later.

mrkingoo

« Reply #4 on: March 30, 2011, 02:30:46 pm »
Zelda a Link to the past also use transparency . Probably impossible to finish it without , though some areas might be perfectly playable

« Reply #5 on: March 30, 2011, 02:42:39 pm »
I reckon Mega Man 7 isn't playable. At least Burst Man's stage. And maybe all of the Mega Man X games, with their under water stages.

I don't know. I don't have a Gemei. But somebody should test those out. :P

SilverhawkBR

« Reply #6 on: March 30, 2011, 05:54:30 pm »
Dingoo users, disable transparencies and help here if you can...

Shyfer

« Reply #7 on: March 30, 2011, 06:02:49 pm »
Harvest moon is playable, but when raining or snowing you can't see a thing and have to wait the next day.

Poligrafowicz

« Reply #8 on: March 30, 2011, 08:19:45 pm »
Front Mission Gun Hazard has parts which are unplayable without transparency. As a side note the game worked rather slow on all emulators available on Dingoo.

mrkingoo

« Reply #9 on: March 30, 2011, 08:29:40 pm »
Tried first level of Earthworm Jim 1and it  uses transparency but looks like its only for the background

Hagane023

« Reply #10 on: April 04, 2011, 09:04:42 am »
Ineed to change Seiken Densetsu 3 Can't see a thing in the moonlight forest, unplayable from that point.
International superstar soccer main options screen is near impossible read,
Skyblazer can't see a thing underwater stage,
Darius some bullets and ships are invisible or can only briefly see, unplayable(Or extremely hard).

Any news on Dingux or an improved emulator

bigdavebear

« Reply #11 on: April 07, 2011, 07:33:37 pm »
PocketSnes clocked to 400-430Mhz seems to give good enough performance with Transparency on most game i test that need it play at 30-40fps and they go upto 40-50fps when its turned off.

Sorry thats on Dingoo A320 but the Gemei is a more powerfull device should have no problem with SNES at fullspeed once someone releases a Emu that takes full advantage of the 500-60Mhz CPU and 64MB Ram
« Last Edit: April 07, 2011, 07:35:45 pm by bigdavebear »

SilverhawkBR

« Reply #12 on: April 07, 2011, 09:17:50 pm »
We're not talking about speed, we're talking about transparencies.

Gemei doesnt have support for that, which is something.. uh.. awful.

misswoofy

« Reply #13 on: April 16, 2011, 03:14:16 am »
I've been trying to get snes game files to work, but they don't.  They're on the games file under SNES folder, but can't get them to play.  Any ideas?  I'm a newbie and need some help please!  :)

misswoofy

« Reply #14 on: April 16, 2011, 03:18:19 am »
ALSO, it can't even find the files when I try to have a look at them.  All the files on there is with the extension .smc.  Should they be in another type of format?  Do i need to convert them or something??!!

Kryptofacist

« Reply #15 on: April 19, 2011, 02:08:47 pm »
The format is right.
Do you have sfc.SIM in the game directory, (it doesn't come pre-installed)?
Have you updated the jukebox?
"The problem with internet quotes and statistics is that often times, they're wrongfully believed to be real."
- Abraham Lincoln

Wild Rat

« Reply #16 on: July 03, 2011, 01:25:29 pm »
E.V.O. - on first pack of stages the map is unusable, but if you know where to go it's playable.

isaysthat

« Reply #17 on: August 25, 2011, 10:16:17 pm »
Would it be possible to hack the roms to omit the transparencies altogether? This would obviously ruin some games but others would work perfectly if the transparencies could just be left out. I'm not familiar with how emulators work but would it be possible to use an emulator or other program to simply replace sprites or remove the calls to draw transparency? Sorry if this is a strange request im just wondering if anyone has had the idea or if it is a possibility.

DarkCrono

« Reply #18 on: August 26, 2011, 02:00:36 am »
Give a try on SnesPocket, it supports transparencies and you can disable or enable it whenever do you want.
Not full speed yet, but you can disable the sound and this will put the frameskip to work.

Dangoo

« Reply #19 on: September 28, 2013, 12:49:53 am »
Zelda a Link to the past also use transparency . Probably impossible to finish it without , though some areas might be perfectly playable

Apologies if this is a stupid question, but is the GBA version of A Link to the Past playable? Is transparency only an issue for the SNES on the Gemei?

Would really appreciate if if anyone can tell me.

Post a new topic