• HomeBoards
  • RulesRules
  • HelpHelp
  • WikiWiki
  • Donate

Author Topic: slow charging  (Read 6743 times)

HammerHeart (OP)

slow charging
« on: March 28, 2011, 11:09:36 pm »
anyone else having trouble with their battery? mine charges really slow... left it charging all night with half battery power left and in the morning it was at 2/3... not sure if that is a firmware or hardware problem or what.. any help or suggestions?

HammerHeart (OP)

Re: slow charging
« Reply #1 on: March 29, 2011, 12:00:35 am »
wow 5 views and no ideas ... is whats happening with my battery normal? is it not? how long does it take yours to charge?

Frank_fjs

• My simple Dingoo web site
« Reply #2 on: March 29, 2011, 12:39:49 am »
I've never timed it but I think my battery takes around 4-6 hours to fully recharge from empty. It seems to last ages too, I only pop it on charge once every week.

What are you using to charge it? The included wall charger, USB cable via PC? The included wall charger is junk, I use my own mains powered USB charger. If charging from PC, it will take longer.

Edit: Sorry, just noticed where this was posted. I was referring to my A320 above.

HammerHeart (OP)

« Reply #3 on: March 29, 2011, 03:27:46 am »
ah.. well its relevant anyway.. yeah im charging with included usb wall charger.. what charger should i use?... i will try to charge via pc instead... perhaps it is the wall unit and not the battery

thanks Frank

Hagane023

« Reply #4 on: March 29, 2011, 08:45:37 am »
Mine seems to take about 4-6 hours to charge fully using the usb port on my 360, the only strange thing is my battery display used to stay on full for ages then would drop to half meaning i would have about an hour left but seems to have more levels since i installed the new'official' firmware update.

SittButt

« Reply #5 on: March 29, 2011, 12:55:21 pm »
I got a Gemei too ... and the charge time is verry slow effectively ... but when it's plugged a night, the charge is full.

Kryptofacist

« Reply #6 on: March 30, 2011, 02:28:27 pm »
I use my computer to recharge. It takes a while but leaving it overnight works fine.
I wouldn't trust the wall charger that comes with it. I looked inside it, and the problems discussed with the Dingoo wall charger all seem present here as well. I can't use it anyway, as it's an American plug and I am Australian.

This might be useful if you are having continued battery problems.

http://www.thinkgeek.com/computing/usb-gadgets/ceca/
"The problem with internet quotes and statistics is that often times, they're wrongfully believed to be real."
- Abraham Lincoln

blastyrant

« Reply #7 on: April 08, 2011, 08:05:50 am »
the ga330 does not come with an official wall charger. if you have one it was provided by the people you ordered it from which means it could be junk. i use a usb-to-wall charger that came with my nomad zen mp3 player. works great, i get a full charge in about 3-4 hours. usb is very slow but i've managed to charge my ga330 by hooking it into a powered usb port that is just plugged into the wall.

Kryptofacist

« Reply #8 on: April 08, 2011, 09:13:57 am »
the ga330 does not come with an official wall charger. if you have one it was provided by the people you ordered it from

Oops. I forgot that it came attached to the outside of my box.  Weird that DX would even bother to attach it, considering they knew they were mailing to Australia. I guess it doesn't really matter, though. I recently found an old Motorola charger which I am now using for mine.
"The problem with internet quotes and statistics is that often times, they're wrongfully believed to be real."
- Abraham Lincoln

HammerHeart (OP)

« Reply #9 on: April 11, 2011, 03:30:29 am »
i figured it out... the usb  cable that it came with was defective... using a new usb cable that i bought and it charges quickly and fully .. even when using the wall adapter

awesome!

zennysan

« Reply #10 on: May 29, 2012, 07:39:22 pm »
At best I only get half bar of battery even after a full night of charging this is with a 2 different usb wall chargers( was not supplied with one from seller), and USB via PC. This morning after charging last night for about 8 hours, still only half bar, I left it to charge for the remainder of the day, hopefully I get full bars today.

P.S this both on firmware 1.0 and updating to 1.1, the game has yet to see a full bar of battery life since my using it of 6 days now. 

Will try a different cable, I love this device but damn, the amount of fixing and fiddling its messing with my emotions.  :(

Anyone else had this besides HammerHeart and fixed it? I been able to solve almost all my problems via the forums, I'm sure someone has over come this and knows the fix.....

UPDATE  May 30th 2012 :
Ok I got it to charge full, not by leaving it charging over night via USB wall charger, or by PC usb. I brought it to work, and put it on a black and decker jumper car battery jumper that has provisions for charging USB devices.

It has since surpassed the half way mark i usually get at best, and it almost at full. I am hoping I have "jump" the memory of the lithium ion battery for the gemei and if I return to charging it via the wall charger I have at home that it will charge to 100% and not 50%.

UPDATE June 20th 2012 :

After testing various USB wall chargers this are my results:

Any charger 5v 500ma or below is a waste of time, it will never charge pass 1/3 of battery life, no matter how long it is plugged in, this testing with it charged 24 to 36 hrs, bar only gets to 1/3 in about 2 hours, and will not go any further.

Charging with a USB car charger will charge in about 4 to 6 hours from dead.

Charging with a car battery jumper pack with USB provisions will give same results as charging with a car charger.

Charging with an Apple Ipad USB OEM or OEM style charger will give you a complete charge in 2 hours tops. The spec of this charger is 5.1v 2.1a (2100ma).

looks like this :

« Last Edit: June 20, 2012, 04:35:57 pm by zennysan »

Post a new topic
Post a new topic