• HomeBoards
  • RulesRules
  • HelpHelp
  • WikiWiki
  • Donate

Author Topic: PocketSNES little help please  (Read 5310 times)

AmiTwo (OP)

PocketSNES little help please
« on: March 08, 2013, 12:29:12 pm »
Hello. I am new. I just bought a Gemei so I can use it as my primary SNES handheld until the GCW Zero releases. I searched everywhere in this section of the forum and have not found the answer to the question I'm going to ask now.

Okay, so I went to the native ports thread and got the beta PocketSNES for my Gemei. Installed it and ran it. Tried a couple of Mario roms, and they are all running very slowly. Tried other roms, same problem. Why is this happening? I extracted the PocketSNES's contents into the game folder and loaded the .cc Pocketsnes file through the applications window. Picked out the rom, it loaded the pocketsnes image files correctly, and then the game just came out slow. It always runs 30 FPS or a bit lower. What do I do? Is it about the settings? The PocktSNES itself? A little help please.

dcervi

Re: PocketSNES little help please
« Reply #1 on: March 09, 2013, 10:05:10 am »
There's a bug with the sound. Disable it and games should play smooth.

Sadly cex hasn't released the sources for his port, so it's not possible to try to fix it without redoing all the work.

AmiTwo (OP)

« Reply #2 on: March 09, 2013, 05:49:49 pm »
How unfortunate, as this is a wonderfully designed handheld with amazing potential. Oh well. At least I got the games working thanks to your advice. :)

cex

« Reply #3 on: March 12, 2013, 12:00:00 pm »
There's a bug with the sound. Disable it and games should play smooth.

Sadly cex hasn't released the sources for his port, so it's not possible to try to fix it without redoing all the work.

I can't spend any time on this now, but I'll search for the sources and post it so someone else can continue with the work.

AmiTwo (OP)

« Reply #4 on: March 13, 2013, 01:16:47 am »

I can't spend any time on this now, but I'll search for the sources and post it so someone else can continue with the work.

Don't strain yourself, cex. You have done enough, I understand, and hopefully others will fix it for you.

dcervi

« Reply #5 on: March 13, 2013, 01:23:27 am »

Great to see you there! I didn't think you were still reading these forums.

Following your old guides I recently installed the Multiplatform SDK with the latest svn changes and was able to compile some programs with available sources. My C knowledge is very limited, but anyway I'd like to give it a try.

There's only a few programs with available sources for the GA330. Being able to look at the sources of you PocketSNES port would be very helpful to see the changes needed to make it work, and possibly will engage more coders to try another ports.

cex

« Reply #6 on: March 13, 2013, 07:48:20 am »
Uploaded to google code repository.

http://code.google.com/p/ga330-native-ports/

Post a new topic
Post a new topic