• HomeBoards
  • RulesRules
  • HelpHelp
  • WikiWiki
  • Donate

Author Topic: Official Gemei 330 Review Topic  (Read 64605 times)

Santaclaws

Official Gemei 330 Review Topic
« on: November 17, 2010, 10:17:28 am »
Post them here as they pop up

Solstice

Re: Official Gemei 330 Review Topic
« Reply #1 on: November 17, 2010, 02:37:14 pm »
Did you just decide that lol wtf
Dingoo A320 stock 1.2 + Gmenu

PSP slim 2002 Gen 5.50 D3 Prom4

flatmush

« Reply #2 on: November 17, 2010, 07:56:36 pm »
Mine's a little bit too ethereal for my liking. 0/10

1wiierdguy

« Reply #3 on: November 22, 2010, 04:47:07 am »
 Received my GA330 just a little while ago. Woohoo! First impession was that it's smaller than I thought. From images I'd seen I thought it was a fair bit bigger. It is only a little bit bigger than the A320, it even fits in my offical Dingoo bag snuggly. My free gifts from Ownta were a santa hat and a carry bag. The bag is way too big for tha A330. Perfect fit for my Letcool though so it's still a bonus.

The GA330 is a nice looking unit with decent build quality. It feels  a little light, and not quite as solid as A320 but not flimsy or fragile. D-pad and face buttons feel on par with A320. Shoulder buttons are an improvement in size and placement. They are easy to press and comfy to use. They are not clicky though and initially I thought felt a bit spongy.

Turning the unit on was my first dissapointment. The screen is not as vibrant or sharp as the A320. I have my my Dingoo screen set to 3 and that is brighter than the Gemei at full setting. The gemei has poorer veiwing angles too with the image washing out or going dark depending on wich way the screen is tilted. The screen also as a "soft" look, the images display just dont look sharp or crisp like on A320.

Had a bit of trouble selecting roms to play at first. Selecting internet games kept giving me a list of pre-installed games with .JGC format.Had to change "browse type" setting in the settings menu to "Directory browsing". System menu works pretty much like Dingoo native. Now when you click on a rom it gives 3 options. Single mode, create server and search server. Only have one unit so can't test multiplay. Also the first time you run a rom the system takes a screenshot and when you select that rom in the future the menu shows the pic as a preview.

Tested a few games - most Emulators seemed to run very well with the exception of sonic 1 on Megadrive/Genesis wich had obvious slow down. My unit also didn't come with a snes sim so it won't even recognize Snes roms.It also came with 2 3d games. 7 days and another, both in chinese ant the file extension now .cc instead of .app.

Anyway that's all I have time for now, Got to take daughter to ballet lessons. If people want to suggest games that were "problem games" on Dingoo I'll test them on Gemei later tonight.

renejr902

« Reply #4 on: November 22, 2010, 06:02:39 am »
thanks to be honest Wiierdguy !!  I really appreciate it, i read a lot of post from you you seem a very honest guy. i said that because:

Turning the unit on was my first dissapointment. The screen is not as vibrant or sharp as the A320. I have my my Dingoo screen set to 3 and that is brighter than the Gemei at full setting. The gemei has poorer veiwing angles too with the image washing out or going dark depending on wich way the screen is tilted. The screen also as a "soft" look, the images display just dont look sharp or crisp like on A320.

ITS a deal-breaker for me.  I cant live with the letcool screen (soft look) and i can barely accept  the dingoo screen. so for me the gemei a330 is not a good solution. i have a caanoo too and the screen is awesome, so i will spend my paypal money for something else.

its bad for me, its look really a cool handheld. But again thanks for be honest about the gemei a330. and thanks too for your previous help about the letcool too.

still is it worst than Letcool screen ? (brightness and '' soft'' look)

« Last Edit: November 22, 2010, 06:15:37 am by renejr902 »

1wiierdguy

« Reply #5 on: November 22, 2010, 09:01:50 am »
still is it worst than Letcool screen ? (brightness and '' soft'' look)

No it's a lot better than the Letcool. Funny thing is I watched the clip that came on it and looked at the pics, for them the screen seemed pretty sharp with good amount of detail. Maybe the soft look in the emulators is some effect or filter they added.

Shin-NiL

• Shin-NiL's Personal Web Page (Brazilian Portuguese)
« Reply #6 on: November 22, 2010, 11:45:56 am »
Tested a few games - most Emulators seemed to run very well with the exception of sonic 1 on Megadrive/Genesis wich had obvious slow down.

What a pity!
Could you test Sonic 2/3 for Sega Genesis?

Thank you very much, 1wiierdguy :D

Santaclaws

« Reply #7 on: November 22, 2010, 12:35:34 pm »
Does Golden Sun for GBA work on this one??

1wiierdguy

« Reply #8 on: November 22, 2010, 08:48:51 pm »
@ Shin NiL - Sonic 2, Sonic 3 and Sonic and Knuckles all run slowly.For Sonic 3 and S&K the sound stutters and for Sonic 2 the sound keeps cutting out completely.

@ Santaclaws - Golden Sun runs very well from what I tested.

Shin-NiL

• Shin-NiL's Personal Web Page (Brazilian Portuguese)
« Reply #9 on: November 22, 2010, 09:04:23 pm »
@ Shin NiL - Sonic 2, Sonic 3 and Sonic and Knuckles all run slowly.For Sonic 3 and S&K the sound stutters and for Sonic 2 the sound keeps cutting out completely.

Well, then I guess I can wait a little longer before buying an A330.

Thank you for the information.

renejr902

« Reply #10 on: November 22, 2010, 10:37:14 pm »
is the nes emulator run perfect ? speed and no frameskip ? ( ex: mario bros 1 or 3, or megaman 1,2,3 or 4)
is the nes emulator look '' soft'' too ?
Does it have ghostling or a lot of blur in fast action?
thanks

1wiierdguy

« Reply #11 on: November 23, 2010, 07:20:10 am »
is the nes emulator run perfect ? speed and no frameskip ? ( ex: mario bros 1 or 3, or megaman 1,2,3 or 4)
is the nes emulator look '' soft'' too ?
Does it have ghostling or a lot of blur in fast action?
thanks

The soft look is in all emulators. Megadrive/Genesis emulator is the only one with slow down and sound issues.All games I've tried so far on the other Emus all run really well. The A330 screen doesn't suffer from any ghosting that I can tell.
 The more time I've spent with the A330 the more I have become accustomed to the look of the screen. If you go straight from Dingoo to A330 the soft look is really noticable but after a few minutes It's forgotten and you just play. Whilst it was initially dissapointing it no longer bothers me. The rounded edges and improved shoulder buttons make the A330 very comfotable to use. With Booboo working on Linux I still think this could become a worthy successor to the A320.

*Edit- Uploaded a photo to try show screen differences. Dingoo screen set to 3, GA330 at 5 and the Letcool can't be adjusted.

« Last Edit: November 23, 2010, 10:32:07 am by 1wiierdguy »

Minexew

« Reply #12 on: November 23, 2010, 01:55:17 pm »

Maybe it's just the photo, but the A330 screen looks it has much better contrast than the other 2 - can you confirm?

Frank_fjs

• My simple Dingoo web site
« Reply #13 on: November 23, 2010, 02:34:56 pm »
Yeah, from those photos the A330 looks to have the most vivid screen. I wouldn't say it looks the best though, the A320 & the Letcool both show a lot more detail than the A330. The A330 looks too bright and a little washed out. Damn the Letcool has a big screen.

What's emulation like for CPS1, CPS2 & Neo Geo? On my A320, the performance is only acceptable when overclocking to 400 MHz. Do these run smoothly on the A330?

How is snes emulation? That was probably the worst on native A320.

Have you tried the A320 TV-out cable on the A330, does it work?

Shame to hear about the mega drive emulation. It sucks on the A320 too but at least there was a fix for it.

Thanks for all the info thus far.
« Last Edit: November 23, 2010, 02:40:59 pm by Frank_fjs »

Shred

• * Former Staff
« Reply #14 on: November 23, 2010, 02:43:17 pm »
What's emulation like for CPS1, CPS2 & Neo Geo? On my A320, the performance is only acceptable when overclocking to 400 MHz. Do these run smoothly on the A330?

The answer is two posts above....
Megadrive/Genesis emulator is the only one with slow down and sound issues.All games I've tried so far on the other Emus all run really well.

Harteex

• * Administrator
    • Harteex Productions
« Reply #15 on: November 23, 2010, 07:39:24 pm »
On the A320 the screen is actually rotated, which means that the screen is lighter for one eye and darker for the other.
Can you see this problem, and is it present on the Gemei A330?

1wiierdguy

« Reply #16 on: November 23, 2010, 08:55:42 pm »
 To my eyes the GA330 looks evenly lit across the whole screen. In regards to contrast it really depends on viewing angle. If you hold it in the sweet spot it has detail similar to Dingoo screen. Slightly tilted forward it begins to wash out and slightly tilted back it begins to go dark. Unfortunatley I cant find the Snes emu to download. Going back to the videos released showing each Emus performance in the lead up to release one is not shown....Snes. I think there is no Snes native emulator at this stage.

*Edit just a quick note- Neo Geo emulator is fixed. No scaling issues. I'm finaly able to play baseball 2020.
« Last Edit: November 23, 2010, 08:57:45 pm by 1wiierdguy »

RodrigoCard

• Mac Joystick Apps
« Reply #17 on: November 24, 2010, 02:00:08 am »
Is the screen well protected with some kind of hard plastic like a cellphone or it is fragile like the A320 screen?

I dont want to accidentally sit in its screen and broke it, like I did with my first A320 :P

1wiierdguy

« Reply #18 on: November 24, 2010, 07:18:58 am »
Is the screen well protected with some kind of hard plastic like a cellphone or it is fragile like the A320 screen?

I dont want to accidentally sit in its screen and broke it, like I did with my first A320 :P

The GA330 screen isn't hard protected. You get a stick on screen protector to apply with the unit itself.

xdf

« Reply #19 on: November 24, 2010, 12:31:40 pm »
Hello.  Can you tell me what the screen protector is like.  Is it easy to put on?  Can you tell that it's on when it's on?  Thanks

Post a new topic