Author Topic: Official Gemei 330 Review Topic  (Read 59783 times)

HammerHeart

Re: Official Gemei 330 Review Topic
« Reply #40 on: November 27, 2010, 09:07:10 pm »
taking a look at what has been posted on other sites and what has been reported on this site.. i can say i am glad i ordered my ga330.. worried about no native snes emu though.. and screen brightness issues.. thought the screen was supposed to be better than that of the 320

either way i ordered my ga330 2 days ago from deal extreme

anyone have anything negative to say about DX?  a little nervous about the order :P

dingoo

• DingooBR
« Reply #41 on: November 27, 2010, 09:23:05 pm »
Well, I ordered mine  on November 17th and, two days ago, they shipped it to here (I live in Brazil). Well, it depends of where'd you live. But, if you ordered has only 2 days ago, probably, the probability of play with your A330 before or shortly after the Christmas is high. Don't worry that everything will be fine!

P.S.: Despite to know DX has over a year, only now I buy something there, and was a Gemei A330. :)
Dingoo Brasil - http://www.dingoobr.com

1wiierdguy

« Reply #42 on: November 27, 2010, 11:45:23 pm »
 Just found this Dooom port for GA330 posted on Dingoo Brazil:  http://www.dingoobr.com/?p=3681

They also have a port of Picshow 1.24:  http://www.dingoobr.com/?p=3698

Another emulator test:  http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nRytZU1szUE&feature=player_profilepage

And one more:  http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eYtsaxL2fS4
« Last Edit: November 28, 2010, 03:41:21 am by 1wiierdguy »

yoshi41

« Reply #43 on: November 28, 2010, 03:40:37 pm »
anyone have anything negative to say about DX?  a little nervous about the order :P

DX is cheap and reliable, but sloooooow in order processing. I bought my 2 Dingoo's and numerous other gadgets there. If I order cheap items like cables and chargers, I always buy 2-3 to avoid returns. The return shipping charge is higher than the item value.

One negative point from my experience:

They declare everything as a gift, sample or a ridiculous low item value. Sometimes I'm lucky, but most of the time the parcel is being opened by customs and they add extra charges to estimate the value of the content.

I buy most of my games at Play Asia. They are very reliable and always declare the correct value. In this case, I just pay customs duty and VAT, no extra charges.
Emulator packs and fact sheets for Wiz, Caanoo, Dingoo and Pandora.

fenixt

« Reply #44 on: November 29, 2010, 01:54:36 am »
Is this gonna eventually support controllers? Don't really wanna buy two for two player.

1wiierdguy

« Reply #45 on: November 29, 2010, 10:41:50 am »
GA330 can run Marvel vs Capcom with Cps2.  Will test other not working A320 games to see what happens.

<a href="https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=b02IinGQccs" target="_blank">https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=b02IinGQccs</a>

TarMil

« Reply #46 on: November 29, 2010, 05:15:54 pm »
GA330 can run Marvel vs Capcom with Cps2.  Will test other not working A320 games to see what happens.
Would be great if it runs Street Fighter Alpha 3 :-)

hi-ban

« Reply #47 on: November 29, 2010, 05:53:24 pm »
what about metal slug games? does it run them all? (mslug1, 2, X, 3, 4, 5)
do they run at good speed?

1wiierdguy

« Reply #48 on: November 29, 2010, 08:56:51 pm »
Would be great if it runs Street Fighter Alpha 3 :-)

Street Fighter Alpha 3 also works!

Minexew

« Reply #49 on: November 29, 2010, 09:54:54 pm »
Do you guys think that some later revision might have an improved LCD? Or is it pointless to wait anymore?

TarMil

« Reply #50 on: November 29, 2010, 11:19:52 pm »
Street Fighter Alpha 3 also works!
\o/

darfgarf

« Reply #51 on: November 30, 2010, 09:03:28 am »
Do you guys think that some later revision might have an improved LCD? Or is it pointless to wait anymore?
it's about as likely as any other chinese pmp company providing any kind of support, so go buy lottery tickets, you've got a greater chance of getting something good

1wiierdguy

« Reply #52 on: December 01, 2010, 07:33:59 am »

In Booboo's blog he states that the next gen of Pmp will be based on the more powerful CC2000 and they hope will arrive by Q2 next year.
 Seem to be shooting themselves in the foot there. Why will people want a slightly more powerful unit with a poorer screen when something better is announced to be just around the corner.

what about metal slug games? does it run them all? (mslug1, 2, X, 3, 4, 5)
do they run at good speed?

Did a quick side by side check, they run slightly better than on the Dingoo but there is still slowdown.
« Last Edit: December 01, 2010, 10:38:09 am by 1wiierdguy »

difuno

« Reply #53 on: December 03, 2010, 01:02:15 am »
it's about as likely as any other chinese pmp company providing any kind of support, so go buy lottery tickets, you've got a greater chance of getting something good

Actually a moderator on Gemei official forum did say that they had changed the LCD for GA330 since the 3rd batch, in reply to a user's conern whether it will be worthy to buy a GA330 with such poor quality LCD display.

But, you'd better cross your figures.

xdf

« Reply #54 on: December 03, 2010, 02:55:34 pm »
Have you got a link to that post?  Any idea when the 3rd batch is/was available?  My a330 is still in the post but sounds like I may be replacing it if theres going to be a better one...

difuno

« Reply #55 on: December 04, 2010, 02:03:56 am »
Have you got a link to that post?  Any idea when the 3rd batch is/was available?  My a330 is still in the post but sounds like I may be replacing it if theres going to be a better one...

Here's the link, I picked it up from my Mozilla offline storage. Can't get the page loaded now as it seems that the Gemei offical forum is down again (always happens).

http://bbs.gemeitech.com/thread-112677-1-1.html

Don't give it too much hope, many users are trying to pursuade Gemei to help replace the display, Gemei does not even bother to answer this type of posts.

Edit:

Alright, the official forum is back again, and the post where the moderator announced the change of LCD got deleted, and here is another post, where the moderator said that he made a mistake, the fact is the LCD has NOT been changed.

http://bbs.gemeitech.com/thread-112835-1-1.html

See, this is Gemei, this is what happens with them everyday, OFFICIAL RUMORS!!!

« Last Edit: December 04, 2010, 06:52:03 am by difuno »

Minexew

« Reply #56 on: December 04, 2010, 08:07:59 pm »
Bad news... seems I'm getting my GA330 ASAP then. At least I don't have to wait for another x months.

heilong79

« Reply #57 on: December 04, 2010, 08:24:15 pm »
Ok, im really geting disapointet... it looks so nice, but i prefer my A320, i have to sell this thing fast on ebay...

Oh, Ot4ku looks like I just bought your system on ebay ;D

sebnec

« Reply #58 on: December 06, 2010, 12:34:22 am »
Some useful informations for those who will receive their system soon.

To increase / decrease volume : keep START button whilst using UP and DOWN arrows.

To switch device off / on (alternative to power button) : push START for a few seconds.

To flash firmware : keep START and SELECT buttons when system is powering on (you can use the START method above to reset system)

To switch to english (or any other) language : in the settings menu, go to line 10. Press A to enter... and just choose the language you want !

Just put the roms where you want. As long as they are in a format the system can handle, the right emulator will be chosen automatically (ie : .mvs for Neo Geo, .smd for Megadrive).

HammerHeart

« Reply #59 on: December 06, 2010, 02:58:54 am »
GAH! i cant take it any more... i need to know that ga330 will soon support snes.. that booboo will keep this machine alive with a linux port! i have chewed my nails off and am now working on my finger tips with shuddering nervousness... i know its stupid but i cant help it!... i bought this machine thinking it would be an upgrade to the a320 and this thing is teetering on the edge... please booboo give this machine wings and a soul!  ;)

Post a new topic