• HomeBoards
  • RulesRules
  • HelpHelp
  • WikiWiki
  • Donate

Author Topic: New owner  (Read 2868 times)

edd_jedi (OP)

New owner
« on: April 19, 2011, 10:00:05 pm »
Hi guys,

you may have seen my post in the Dingoo forum, and having bought both an A320 and A330 to compare them, I have decided to take the risk and keep the Gemei :) For me the better build quality, better spec and being able to play SNES games without over clocking stood out. I realise it's a relatively new machine and the support level is (and maybe never will be) on a par with the A320, but I have a few questions I'm hoping some of you can help ne with:

1) I really want to be able to play SMS games. I found this tutorial (translated into English):
http://gemeibr.blogspot.com/2011/01/sms-advance-25.html
and followed the instructions, but can't get it to work. Has anyone here had success playing SMS games through the GBA emulator?
2) My Dingoo save states don't seem to work. They have the same file extension (eg mario.smc0) so is there a way of getting them to work?
3) Are there any recommended upgrades yet? I have the 1.1 firmware but apart fron that it just has all the native emulators.
4) And I guess finally, is this forum the best place for the most up to date releases and info?
Cheers!

Hagane023

Re: New owner
« Reply #1 on: April 19, 2011, 11:32:05 pm »
drsms works quite well, but i use smsadvance as its better and like goomba color which i have used to play gameboy games on the gemei. it takes a while to work out how to convert roms more info to help from dcemu and other places though, but as for the save states unfortunately you cannot bring them over from the dingoo but please note that with the gba save state sometimes you will need to load the default state 9 twice, the first to bring up whatever is on the rom selection  screen the second to what you saved as state9.

blastyrant

« Reply #2 on: April 20, 2011, 11:15:25 am »
here is the latest smsadvance: http://www.ndsretro.com/download/SMSAdvance25Bin.zip

Run SMSAdvance.exe to add roms to the emulator.
Do no overwrite the original .gba file!

When the emulator starts, use Up/Down to select game, then use
B or A to start the game selected.
Press L+R to open the menu, A to choose, B (or L+R again) to cancel.

if you still can't figure it out ask about it here: http://www.pocketheaven.com/ph/boards/viewforum.php?f=40

edd_jedi (OP)

« Reply #3 on: April 20, 2011, 11:49:45 am »
I see, so I need to have the smsadvance.gba file AND the roms file I make (eg mastersystem.gba) in the same folder? That's what I was doing wrong, i just had the rom file in the GBA folder. Do you need any of the other files in there too? I guess not the readme etc.

Thanks!

blastyrant

« Reply #4 on: April 21, 2011, 12:02:57 am »
the old gba flash kits did not have a file browsing library so users packed the roms into the executable (.gba) and the emu had the ability to browse and launch the packed files. flubba did this for all of his gba emus, as far as i can recall, and only recently changed this behavior for his nds emus.

the only problem you might have is that you will be running an emulator on an emulator. flubba's emulators were designed to run on gba hardware not in a gba emulator.

with that said you shouldn't have much issue, most stuff should work pretty well.

Post a new topic
Post a new topic