• HomeBoards
  • RulesRules
  • HelpHelp
  • WikiWiki
  • Donate

Author Topic: Need Game Recommendations  (Read 8698 times)

xCrash242 (OP)

Need Game Recommendations
« on: November 26, 2013, 07:08:01 pm »
Hey whats up
So I seem to be in love with first person rpgs. Particularly Elder Scrolls Arena
I just love the whole feel of it. There's also a game in the app store called The Quest that's very similar. You can check it out if you haven't heard of it: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aJgWPEjRbxg

I haven't played much other first person RPG's other than those listed and Maze of Fate which i didn't like too much because I'd prefer a smoother movement rather than step by step.

So anything similar to those for the emulators that come on the Dingoo i have this one:
http://imgur.com/LpZcXzk

So i can't get Dingux and all that good stuff so if you could help me by recommending some I'd greatly appreciate it.
Thank you in advance.

Koji-Kendo

Re: Need Game Recommendations
« Reply #1 on: January 17, 2014, 09:05:12 am »
I have a few recommendations.: Shin Megami Tensei I and II (Super Famicom (english translations)) and Arcana (SNES), uhm, that's all I can think of right now... 3-)
« Last Edit: January 17, 2014, 09:15:19 am by Koji-Kendo »
DA320, DTA330, DD/GA330, DMG (modded), MGB (modded), MGL, CGB (modded), GBA, GBA-SP (001 and 101 (custom) w/flashcarts), GB Micro, DS Lite, DSi (custom), 3DS, 3DS-XL (all  w/ flashcarts), PSP (modded), WonderSwan, NeoGeo Pocket Color...PS1, 2, 3 and 4...

lemmywinks

« Reply #2 on: January 17, 2014, 11:28:25 am »
You'll struggle with smooth scrolling first person rpgs on that system, if you like the old grid-type rpgs there are a few to choose from though, you already mentioned Mazes of Fate and the GBA also has Eye of the Beholder too.

Also off the top of my head:

Bard's Tale - NES
Shining in the Darkness - Megadrive
Dungeon Master - Snes
Dungeon Master 2 - Mega CD
Phantasy Star - Master System (3D dungeons, overworld map)

There are loads more, they are all grid/turn based though, can't think of any with smooth scrolling. Maybe try Corporation (Megadrive) but that isn't really an RPG, it just has some some RPG elements.
Handhelds:
GPD Win, GPD XD 64gb, PlayGo, RS-90, 3DS XL, DSi XL, GBA SP, GBBC Clone, Gameboy Pocket c/w screen mod, PSP Go
PC:
ASUS TUF, Medion Erazer, Toshiba Z20t, Dell Mini 9, Psion 5MX, Toshiba 3480ct
Tons of other old laptops and tablets.....

Koji-Kendo

« Reply #3 on: January 18, 2014, 10:29:50 am »
You'll struggle with smooth scrolling first person rpgs on that system, if you like the old grid-type rpgs there are a few to choose from though, you already mentioned Mazes of Fate and the GBA also has Eye of the Beholder too.

Bard's Tale - NES
Dungeon Master - Snes

There are loads more, they are all grid/turn based though, can't think of any with smooth scrolling. Maybe try Corporation (Megadrive) but that isn't really an RPG, it just has some some RPG elements.

On "Hot-PocketSNES"..? Not likely. That thing runs smooth as silk for simple games such as First Person RPGs. It's the standout, open-source emu on the system right now son. 3-) I'm playing them right now. Not so much as a hiccup, snag or sniffle from the games I mentioned.
« Last Edit: January 18, 2014, 11:04:21 am by Koji-Kendo »
DA320, DTA330, DD/GA330, DMG (modded), MGB (modded), MGL, CGB (modded), GBA, GBA-SP (001 and 101 (custom) w/flashcarts), GB Micro, DS Lite, DSi (custom), 3DS, 3DS-XL (all  w/ flashcarts), PSP (modded), WonderSwan, NeoGeo Pocket Color...PS1, 2, 3 and 4...

lemmywinks

« Reply #4 on: January 18, 2014, 11:47:44 am »
Not quite sure what that had to do with my post but okay!

Also the two games you mentioned don't have smooth scrolling. Arcana is a traditional grid based game with 90 degree turns and single step movement and the Shin Megami Tensei games are the same only with an extra frame on turns and steps to give the illusion of rough scrolling. Kinda like Orcs & Elves on the DS, that uses the same trick but is still grid based, not sure how you're getting them to run smoothly on an emulator when they didn't originally!

If you look at Elder scrolls arena you'll see what the OP means, you can move and turn in small increments as it's proper 3D (or at least Doom style 2.5D). Unlikey there is something like that on 16bit consoles but you never know.

Another FPRPG I like is the DOS game The Legacy, again it's step by step with 90 degree turns but it's really well done and is kinda like Resident Evil meets Dungeon Master meets H. P. Lovecraft.
Handhelds:
GPD Win, GPD XD 64gb, PlayGo, RS-90, 3DS XL, DSi XL, GBA SP, GBBC Clone, Gameboy Pocket c/w screen mod, PSP Go
PC:

Koji-Kendo

« Reply #5 on: January 18, 2014, 12:13:59 pm »
Okay, you win! 3-D

lemmywinks

« Reply #6 on: January 18, 2014, 01:04:48 pm »
Also not sure if you can get Amiga emulation on that console but if you can try Liberation, it's excellent.
Handhelds:
PC:

Melquiades

« Reply #7 on: March 26, 2014, 02:11:47 pm »

Bard's Tale - NES
Dungeon Master - Snes

Ehm... Does the Gemei support MEGA CD? What format should be used?

MightyJAK

• My tumblr
« Reply #8 on: April 02, 2014, 05:54:42 pm »
Ehm... Does the Gemei support MEGA CD?
No.
« Last Edit: April 02, 2014, 05:58:04 pm by MightyJAK »
My machines:
GBC,GBA,GBA SP,NDS,NGPC,Panasonic FZ-10 3DO,NES,Sega Nomad,Sega CDX w/Power Base Converter,PS1,PS2,PS3,Saturn,Dreamcast,PC (Win 98, XP, 7),Dingoo A320,Dingoo A330,Gemei A330,LetCool N350JP,PAP-GAMETA,GCW-Zero SE,Kyocera Rise,2DS,GP2X-F100,GPD G7,JXD 100,JXD A1000,JXD A3300,JXD F3000,JXD V5000,JXD S7300B,Hyperkin SupaBoy

Currently playing: Theatrhythm Final Fantasy Curtain Call (2DS)

Post a new topic
Post a new topic